• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

If you don't want to see it, change the channel.  Then when the game starts, and they usually start on time, turn the channel to the game that is on.  If you turn on the game early then you are purposely putting yourself in a situation to piss yourself off.  Burning the flag, disrespectful, kneeling, not so much.  

38 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Cause the point is to show that minoritys are important too along with everyone else.

My main problem with the current term they are using is that it makes it seem like their the only minority group that suffers, they want to make the point that minoritys matter too but they use a term that applies to only one minority group instead of all of them.

All lives matter. that is the point.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you don't want to see it, change the channel.  Then when the game starts, and they usually start on time, turn the channel to the game that is on.  If you turn on the game early then you are purposely putting yourself in a situation to piss yourself off.  Burning the flag, disrespectful, kneeling, not so much.  

If I change the channel I won't know who knelt! It doesn't matter now anyway because they're protesting Trump.

So, no mas NFL

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

You don't believe there is racism from whites towards blacks in this country?  Seriously?  

Of course there is,  just like blacks disproportionately murder, rob, and rape whites and Asians.  Just like many hispanics and blacks don't like each other.  Just like blacks are VERY racist towards whites.  etc etc.  It's human nature and it isn't going to change.

But are blacks somehow oppressed?  No, they're given more advantages all things being equal.  A black with similar qualifications will always get more scholarships, get into a better school, or get the promotion.  The only thing holding them back is their own self destructive culture.  Every other minority does fine here.  

Name ONE place in the world where blacks have built a place you'd want to raise your family?  From Oakland to Liberia, Detroit to South Africa, there is human misery anywhere their culture is dominant.  Does that mean they're all bad?  Of course not.  But here they have a systematic culture of drug abuse, violence, child abandonment, and thug worship that will always keep them down.  No one has ever improved their lot in life by blaming their problems on others.  If it's racist to point out the truth then so be it.  I'd rather be "racist" than live in denial of the obvious.  Enabling others to continue living self destructive lifestyles is disgraceful, childish, and foolish.

4 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

If I change the channel I won't know who knelt! It doesn't matter now anyway because they're protesting Trump.

So, no mas NFL

Adorable.  So instead of being tolerant of protesting, a right we all have as Americans, you are being a lemming, that is neat.  

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If you are 1/4 minority you would qualify for affirmative action.  You shoukd have marked your minority ethnicity on you applications.  If you have one drop of minority blood in you thsn clsim you that ethnicity.

I.joke that i can now claim to be African American because my kidney donor was african american.

I refuse to do that.  I'd rather be hired because I'm the best candidate.  It's funny because people think I'm everything from hispanic to native american to polynesian.  I identify as "human".

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Adorable.  So instead of being tolerant of protesting, a right we all have as Americans, you are being a lemming, that is neat.  

Maybe The next time you visit Disneyland with your family or are on a flight, or in a restaurant and the employees decide to protest, you'll

be tolerant. Good for you!

17 hours ago, Lou said:

Ok, folks, be honest. When the anthem is shown on tv (non-Olympics), how many of you actually:

1. Watch the entire thing 

2. Watch and stand up

3. Leave it on but don't really pay attention 

4. Go to the kitchen and/or bathroom

5. Change the channel 

???

put me down for #5

usually #3. sometimes i pay attention, but after hearing so many mediocre anthem singers at kings games over the years, i don't always listen to it closely.

50 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

THEM BLACKS CAN PROTEST ALL THEY WANT!  AS LONG AS I APPROVE OF THE METHOD AND THE LOCATION FIRST!

But if whites protest with a permit, or even give a peaceful speech at a university,  masked liberals will show up and start being violent.  I think I see the real problem.

2 minutes ago, TSD said:

But if whites protest with a permit, or even give a peaceful speech at a university,  masked liberals will show up and start being violent.  I think I see the real problem.

It's not just protesting whites getting wacked.

Ever hear of Joey Gibson and his group?