• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

1 minute ago, floplag said:

You really think people dont know?  That even one person sees all this and think "oh, i didnt know" ... really? 

It isn't about whether or not they know, it is about keeping it in the forefront of people's minds, so that they make the decision to act.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think racism is all about oppression.  It is literally one group thinking they are superior to another group.  How is that not oppression?  

One group thinking they are doenst give them the power to push another down.  Not to mention it isnt unique race based, my ancestry is Irish and there was an awful lot of religious oppression there between peoples that were of the same color.  
Bottom line the 2 are not dependent though are often combined 

Just now, floplag said:

One group thinking they are doenst give them the power to push another down.  Not to mention it isnt unique race based, my ancestry is Irish and there was an awful lot of religious oppression there between peoples that were of the same color.  
Bottom line the 2 are not dependent though are often combined 

And in this country our history they go hand in hand.  

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

You can tell yourself that if you want, i'm not buying.  I

Ok, don't buy it.  I am sure there must be some other reason they are doing this, some reason that will make them look bad in your eyes and that is the exact reason they are doing it, I mean, that must be it, right?  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And in this country our history they go hand in hand.  

No, they do not.  Racism is a bias, a discrimination, and we have discrimination of all kinds, religions, ethnic, color, sexual orientation, Christ we look down on people from the wrong side of the damned railroad tracks or went to the wrong school.  We are the kings of bias. 
Most liberals on this board (90% of posters :) ) think every conservative is an subhuman deplorable, but you cant shut them up or out, you don't have the power to oppress them.  
The suggestion that one means the other is not factual.

Just now, floplag said:

No, they do not.  Racism is a bias, a discrimination, and we have discrimination of all kinds, religions, ethnic, color, sexual orientation, Christ we look down on people from the wrong side of the damned railroad tracks or went to the wrong school.  We are the kings of bias. 
Most liberals on this board (90% of posters :) ) think every conservative is an subhuman deplorable, but you cant shut them up or out, you don't have the power to oppress them.  
The suggestion that one means the other is not factual.

So you are saying that our history isn't a history of trying to oppress African Americans?  Dude, I am conservative and even I think that is bullshit.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Ok, don't buy it.  I am sure there must be some other reason they are doing this, some reason that will make them look bad in your eyes and that is the exact reason they are doing it, I mean, that must be it, right?  

I never said they were bad, and in fact said they have the right to do so.  Do i not have the right to disagree with it?  I offered my reasons, none of them racially based.  but i guess my rights arent important 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

I never said they were bad, and in fact said they have the right to do so.  Do i not have the right to disagree with it?  I offered my reasons, none of them racially based.  but i guess my rights arent important 

My comments really about the reason they are using this forum for protesting.  I think part of it is a big fuck you to Donald Trump (which I have no problem with) and the other part of it is to keep it fresh in peoples minds (which I have no problem with, it doesn't ruin my viewing experience).  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you are saying that our history isn't a history of trying to oppress African Americans?  Dude, I am conservative and even I think that is bullshit.  

FFS when the hell did i say that, stop making bullshit assumptions and fucking read what people write.
What i said was that our history and perhaps more importantly America today includes many forms of oppression, not all are racial, therefore the assumption that the 2 are intertwined isn't accurate. 
Are we trying to balance history or fix the problems of the day? 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

FFS when the hell did i say that, stop making bullshit assumptions and fucking read what people write.
What i said was that our history and perhaps more importantly America today includes many forms of oppression, not all are racial, therefore the assumption that the 2 are intertwined isn't accurate. 
Are we trying to balance history or fix the problems of the day? 

I said we have a history of the two being hand in hand.  You said we don't.  So I asked the question, and then you post this.  Sorry you are struggling to understand the direction of this conversation, I will leave it alone.  

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I will say this, Pres. Trump should have kept his mouth shut on this topic. 

His tweets and words are causing division among the American people and have introduced this politics into sports which I'm against. 

I will say this, Trump is right, and I'm glad he said something.

What is divisive are the player's taking a knee during the anthem. That's introducing politics into sports.

You don't have a  1st amendment right  to protest something while on the job. Your employer can fire you.

If your employer agrees that you can protest while at the workplace like Scioscia did,  then your employer accepts responsibility for the outcome of your actions.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply at work. 

Just now, Stradling said:

My comments really about the reason they are using this forum for protesting.  I think part of it is a big fuck you to Donald Trump (which I have no problem with) and the other part of it is to keep it fresh in peoples minds (which I have no problem with, it doesn't ruin my viewing experience).  

It is absolutely a giant fuck you to Trump, literally everything that happened this past weekend was wholly political in my opinion.  On that we agree.   

I DO have an issue with that based on my previous comments about time and place.  I would feel the same even if it was something i wholly agreed with. Thats a difference between us, my agreeing or disagreeing with something doesnt affect me the same way it does you.  I dont want politics in my entertainment, even on topics i agree with, its not the right forum.  

I don't necessarily agree with the keeping it fresh issue as i cant imagine anyone that actually needs a reminder based on everything else in recent times.  A person would have to have been living in a cave to lack awareness.  

I think bias of any kind is ugly and wrong.  Oppression is an abuse of power in all cases.  Combine the 2 and you have something exponentially egregious.  There is no doubt that our history has both, thats obvious to anyone with a brain and a heart, im certainly not suggesting otherwise in any way.   

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I said we have a history of the two being hand in hand.  You said we don't.  So I asked the question, and then you post this.  Sorry you are struggling to understand the direction of this conversation, I will leave it alone.  

And as usual its always the other guy with you... no i'm perfectly clear its your leaps of assumption that make you impossible to follow.  

I think Baseball players like Hockey players are more reserved & laid back & less interested in Politics. NFLer's are all about Drama.

Baseball & Hockey players of any ethnic background are far less likely to commit crimes compared to those who play Football or Basketball & generally the worst crimes committed by athletes such as rapes & murders have usually been Football players & Basketball players

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

Jovan Belcher an NFLer who in 2012 he killed his GF before killing himself, OJ Simpson who likely killed his wife & he also commited armed robery & kidnapping, Javaris Crittenton an 1st round pick in 2007 by Lakers was convicted of Murder & sentenced to 23 years in prison, Aaron Hernandez NFLer convicted of 1st degree murder, Ruben Patterson NBAer convicted of Rape, Tom Payne NBAer who is a convicted serial rapist, Eddie Johnson an NBAer is a convicted pedophile, Tommy Kane an NFLer stabbed his wife to death & was convicted, Dave Meggett an NFLer was convicted of sexual misconduct & is serving 30 year sentence, Eric Naposki an NFLer was convicted of murder, Robert Rozier a NFLer was convicted of murder, Darren Sharper an NFLer was convicted of multiple rape charges, Anthony Smith an NFLer was convicted for 3 murders, Keith Wright an NFLer was convicted of sexual assault, home invasion & kidnapping & other charges & was sentenced to 234 years in jail.

No NHL player has ever served more than 7 & half years in jail according to Wikipedia.