• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Does anyone other than Trump and people that live in Midwest or Southern towns where even the Mexican restaurants have servers named Troy and Kelly think that a wall is actually going to keep Mexicans out?

The wall along with patrols and electronic surveillance will deal up the border quite nicely. Here's to hoping we make it less appealing for illegals to come here as well. 

20 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

The wall along with patrols and electronic surveillance will deal up the border quite nicely. Here's to hoping we make it less appealing for illegals to come here as well. 

If we want to make America less appealing, we just need to keep being ourselves. 

22 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

If we really want to keep illegals out, stop giving them money. A wall doesn't address that.

3 hours ago, Ordos said:

$21.6b instead of $12b, like he promised? I haven't seen overruns that bad since a Dem was in office

You must be talking about the $98 billion bullet train that's not scheduled to be completed until at least 2024. The wall is a dribble of piss in a bucket compared to that boondoggle. 

On a side note, here's a list of things that will happen over the next 4 years:

- The wall will be built

- Corporate taxes will be cut

- NAFTA will either be obliterated or completely renegotiated

- Gorsuch will be appointed to the SCOTUS giving conservatives a majority

- The ACA will be heavily revised to allow cross-state competition while still allowing patients with previous conditions the ability to obtain plans without descrimination (Nate if you're not frozen in the Trump voting tundra I would like for you to chime in pussy)

- The U.S. will either withdraw from NATO or reappraise the amount of money we send to that beauracratic money pit 

- Cities or States that do not adhere to Federal immigration laws will have Federal funds withheld (there might be a fight in the courts but the Feds will win)

I know it's hard for you guys and gals on the left to accept this, but you have to understand that the Republicans will be controlling all three branches of the U.S. government very soon. Shit is going to happen and it will probably happen quick. I don't agree with with all of Trump's Twitter tirades but I do believe that the endless spigot of Mexican and South American illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. in order to be used as cheap labor is about to be shut off and it will be a good thing.

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Well, yes he seems distraught now, but Mexicans do have picks and explosives and tenacity, so I'm not counting him out.

But all he really needs to do is push hard and the whole wall falls back and lands on the border guard's tower, crushing and/or trapping the alligators and creating a solid, safe bridge into America.

In all seriousness, the only way a wall will work is if it is heavily patrolled by law enforcement. I don't see that happening so this is just a $21 billion symbol.

55 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Well, yes he seems distraught now, but Mexicans do have picks and explosives and tenacity, so I'm not counting him out.

But all he really needs to do is push hard and the whole wall falls back and lands on the border guard's tower, crushing and/or trapping the alligators and creating a solid, safe bridge into America.

well done, cals.

images.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, the only way a wall will work is if it is heavily patrolled by law enforcement. I don't see that happening so this is just a $21 billion symbol.

I disagree. I think the border patrol is about to have their budget and role greatly expanded in the upcoming months. 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'll take one gigantic leap of logic for $1600 Alex.

Putting the military on the border is literally engaging in war. It's the military.

Plus, that means pulling those assets from other areas, and retraining and equipping them for an entirely new mission. They're the military, not the Border Patrol.