• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

We don't need a wall.  We need a comprehensive immigration plan.  One that allows immigrants for work that opportunity.  However we need to be able to control the pace so that we don't flood the market with workers thereby keeping wages low.  We need to send the criminals (I'm concerned with violent criminals and gang members) back where they came from.  We need to have a quick path to legal status and a quick pass to citizenship that included some incentives when they reach those goals.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

We don't need a wall.  We need a comprehensive immigration plan.  One that allows immigrants for work that opportunity.  However we need to be able to control the pace so that we don't flood the market with workers thereby keeping wages low.  We need to send the criminals (I'm concerned with violent criminals and gang members) back where they came from.  We need to have a quick path to legal status and a quick pass to citizenship that included some incentives when they reach those goals.

There's no place for logic in a political discussion.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is the problem with government.  There is no nuance.  Any change is sweeping in nature which almost always precludes true thought and compromise.   

The problem is that such a tiny fraction of what gets done or talked about is actually done with the intent to create a real solution.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

WTF dude why do you have to be so insulting. Is that how people are on facebook?

You've posted quite a few times on here that libturds (or some variation thereof) need to suck it up and stop being snowflakes.  Why do you have to be so insulting?

Seriously, to assume that illegal immigrants are just hanging sheetrock is by definition either ignorant (as in "not knowledgeable," which is different than being stupid) or racist (as in assuming that illegal immigrants can't do skilled labor).  

28 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Please stop with the race card.  It is so freaking overused.  

Are we to assume that a majority of hispanic construction workers are undocumented?  

It's certainly a possibility, but I don't know how I implied that.

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

You've posted quite a few times on here that libturds (or some variation thereof) need to suck it up and stop being snowflakes.  Why do you have to be so insulting?

Seriously, to assume that illegal immigrants are just hanging sheetrock is by definition either ignorant (as in "not knowledgeable," which is different than being stupid) or racist (as in assuming that illegal immigrants can't do skilled labor).  

So now we know you're just a POS.

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

It's certainly a possibility, but I don't know how I implied that.

"I had no idea the critical skills in homebuilding these days are provided by illegal immigrants."

This was Jay's initial comment.  Which you basically called him racist or stupid for.  

22 minutes ago, Glen said:

Actually the three construction classifications that I saw the most illegals working in during my years in the construction industry were the carpenters (sheetrock), plumbers (the irrigation pipelayers) and the laborers. The jefes were almost always gueros or whitewashed dudes.

14 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You miss my point completely.  

Why are you being obtuse?  And, as I pointed out, you misquoted me, in the process changing my words entirely.  Being ignorant about something isn't necessarily bad, although the word has assumed a negative connotation.  

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Why are you being obtuse?  And, as I pointed out, you misquoted me, in the process changing my words entirely.  Being ignorant about something isn't necessarily bad, although the word has assumed a negative connotation.  

I'm not trying to be.  Just felt like you were parsing words and not really dealing with the point I was trying to make.  I wasn't trying to misquote you, I just was lazy when I typed.

See, stupid is shorter than ignorant.  I saved myself one letter.