• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

3 hours ago, red321 said:

because it's a colossal waste of money that is a symbolic gesture and panders to people's worst fears instead of having a realistic discussion immigration

because of congress' refusal to work out anything like reasonable adults and find compromise where they can, i think that gives his idea of a wall a bit more credence. the status quo isn't working.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

because of congress' refusal to work out anything like reasonable adults and find compromise where they can, i think that gives his idea of a wall a bit more credence. the status quo isn't working.

how? What problem is it going to actually solve? Stop people from coming? So if they truly want to be here they'll find another way.

restating what should be obvious...
Any wall is pointless as long as the benefits remain.
Remove the reasons for doing it and you remove the need for a wall.  
Take away the freebees and benefits and the wall is moot.
There must be about a thousand other ways we would benefit by putting that money elsewhere.  

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, at this point i dont know which i oppose more, illegal immigration or building this damn wall.  
Billions that could be so much better spent on something that in the end will be little more than a symbol of stupidity. 
We could use those funds for so many other things;
-mental health, you know something that might actually stop the violence?
-education
-infrastructure, 100 times this
-fix the economy
-tax breaks
I mean really where is this money supposed to come from when we are already trillions in debt and no longer make our own concrete or steel?
This wall is literally one of the worst ideas ive heard out of Washington in my life, it makes Obamacare look intelligent.  

I am no techie, but instead of a wall, can't they construct towers equipped with motion sensors and cameras that could span/observe several miles of distance and alert border patrol of suspicious movement. Seems we ought to be able to do that, and that it would be more effective and cheaper than a wall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...