• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

The wall is a stupid idea. You have to patrol the wall, repair the wall, check for tunnel rats, etc and it makes no money.

Use your brain, Trump and fuck over South America in the process by building a canal, bigger and better than Panama. Bypass sailing that far South and cut across California all the way to the Gulf then charge for passage to pay for it. It also doubles as a moat, much more effective than a stupid wall.

Damn, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with a real plan.

The wall is a stupid idea but the feds actually doing their job and securing the border isn't.  As I said before border states get saddled with the costs associated with illegal immigration then if they try to do anything about it the feds have stepped in to tell them they can't.  I look forward to seeing Trump butt heads with sanctuary cities and in CA Brown has already started firing back.

MT I don't disagree but making the US less appealing would mean massive changes to a bloated federal government and more fed vs state fighting.  The wall or at least stronger border patrol is easier to implement in the short term.  

I'm in favor of streamlining the citizenship process.  I am in favor of cutting free stuff.  I am in favor of working with the present illegals and coming up with a due process to make them legal if they work towards citizenship.  

I think all of those items would be more effective than a wall.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't know if building a wall would take any less time.

and it wouldn't really solve the problem.  If we stopped giving away free stuff it would go a long way.

Of course it would but good luck getting any politician or either side to seriously agree to that then actually push it through.

As far as it not solving problems I disagree.  There are stories of people who have been deported multiple times then they end up back here in jail when they get popped for something else.  Years ago I found out that someone I knew had paid to have someone brought in by a Coyotaje and it was as simple as placing a phone call and paying a relatively small amount of cash.  Mexico has no problem pushing kids from Central and South America to the US border knowing they will become the US' problem and not theirs.  There's something terribly wrong with all of that and something needs to be done. 

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You've said this before but that simply won't work with the current system of handouts and everything funded by taxpayers.

I agree. McKee/Dodge 2020 would include a platform of eliminating all handouts

The Trump administration also must adhere to a decades-old border treaty with Mexico that limits where and how structures can be buil. The 1970 treaty requires that structures cannot disrupt the flow of the rivers, which define the U.S.-Mexico border along Texas and 24 miles in Arizona, according to The International Boundary and Water Commission, a joint U.S.-Mexican agency that administers the treaty.

msn.com

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It really is just a dumb waste of time.  If we worked harder at making the U.S. less appealing and Mexico more appealing that would work much better than a wall.

we just had a national election between hillary and the donald. how much less appealing can we be?