• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

Since my switch seems to be such an obsession, let me explain it.

I like to keep an open mind. After Bernie berned out I took an honest look at the Trump side since I despised Clinton so much, and saw a lot of it made sense. You see, i'm not too prideful to admit when i'm wrong, unlike many others around here *cough* @red321 *cough*. I actually watched this 2 hour long youtube video of Peter Schiff confronting occupy wall street protestors and explaining economic policy to them (deregulation, the waste of a lot of government departments etc). I thought he made a lot of sense.

I always had a problem with everything being called racist, sexist etc. I think it's fucking stupid and insulting. The worst thing Bernie did in my mind was when a couple black lives matter chicks took over his stage on the campaign trail and he just stepped aside like a wimp and let them take over.

So here we are, it's that simple. Do I agree with everything Trump does? No, but he screams anti establishment, which is what many voters wanted over anything else. There are still some ideas from Bernie which I think hold water and could work if implemented right. But after seeing how the Democrats carried themselves this last year i'm somewhat ashamed I ever aligned with them.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sadly, I think 50/50.  I really thought he would back off on that as soon as he got in office.

But with Texans and Native Americans telling the feds to get off their lawn, could the complete wall actually happen? I suppose Trump could do whatever the F he wants, and deal with the lawsuits and voter fallout later.

33 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Since my switch seems to be such an obsession, let me explain it.

I like to keep an open mind. After Bernie berned out I took an honest look at the Trump side since I despised Clinton so much, and saw a lot of it made sense. You see, i'm not too prideful to admit when i'm wrong, unlike many others around here *cough* @red321 *cough*. I actually watched this 2 hour long youtube video of Peter Schiff confronting occupy wall street protestors and explaining economic policy to them (deregulation, the waste of a lot of government departments etc). I thought he made a lot of sense.

I always had a problem with everything being called racist, sexist etc. I think it's fucking stupid and insulting. The worst thing Bernie did in my mind was when a couple black lives matter chicks took over his stage on the campaign trail and he just stepped aside like a wimp and let them take over.

So here we are, it's that simple. Do I agree with everything Trump does? No, but he screams anti establishment, which is what many voters wanted over anything else. There are still some ideas from Bernie which I think hold water and could work if implemented right. But after seeing how the Democrats carried themselves this last year i'm somewhat ashamed I ever aligned with them.

He may scream anti-establishment all he wants. His cabinet picks, however, scream the exact opposite.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That wall split a single country in two. Split government control of one country into two separate ideologies. Maybe you asked a question but the answer was not part of this argument. 

Actually, no. The Wall went up 16 years after the end of WWII. The country was already split then. It was designed to stop people from going from one side to the other. Much like the Trump wall would do.

The only difference is that it was built by the side that didn't want to lose people instead of the side that would gain.

Just now, calscuf said:

I keep going back and forth between thinking MAGA is sincere and an imbecile or that he's a genius and is playing us.

Let's be honest...if you were to find out he was one of those paid russian trolls who's sitting in a Georgian call center spamming dozens of message boards you wouldn't be entirely shocked would you?

16 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Actually, no. The Wall went up 16 years after the end of WWII. The country was already split then. It was designed to stop people from going from one side to the other. Much like the Trump wall would do.

The only difference is that it was built by the side that didn't want to lose people instead of the side that would gain.

Except that they had been a single country for many years before being split.  While I think the wall is a dumb, stupid idea I don't think the best comparison is the Berlin Wall although it is good to point out that walls, in general, do not look good to most folks.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

But with Texans and Native Americans telling the feds to get off their lawn, could the complete wall actually happen? I suppose Trump could do whatever the F he wants, and deal with the lawsuits and voter fallout later.

California will file multiple environmental lawsuits.  I'd say the odds are the Bullet Train gets built before the wall