• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

The Angels can easily generate Winter Meeting excitement. Announce that offers are being accepted on Richards and Heaney, and you have hot-stove fun.

Could always sign Chen, Cueto, Gallardo or Maeda - can probably get two good hitting prospects at positions of need for one of those. And sign a bat.

I'm hating the Simmons trade so much right now. The Angels were fleeced.

I feel like if he would've taken the same "wait and see" approach as he has been with these FA's he could've gotten a lot more for Newcomb/etc and possibly have actually filled a need. Unless we're all over valuing Newcomb...

What? Why?

You do realize there's no possible way to evaluate that trade before Newcomb sniffs the pros?

Because the Braves would have taken Newcomb straight up for Simmons. The Angels could've used Aybar and Ellis in other deals

What? Why?

You do realize there's no possible way to evaluate that trade before Newcomb sniffs the pros?

I just feel like they "overspent" on a position that wasn't in dire need of upgrade. I do like Simmons, but man...

I hope Eppler knows what he's doing. 

I feel like if he would've taken the same "wait and see" approach as he has been with these FA's he could've gotten a lot more for Newcomb/etc and possibly have actually filled a need. Unless we're all over valuing Newcomb...

Perhaps this trade is what made them decide to 'wait and see' with the FA's.

Edited by failos

FWIW. Oh and don't shoot the messenger you dickheads.

http://80gradehalos.com/blog/2015/12/08/source-angels-making-progress-on-signing-yoenis-cespedes/

80GradeHalos has learned via a MLB source that the Angels in contact with Roc Nation tonight and the team is making progress on a deal for free agent outfielder Yoenis Cespedes. It is unclear if a deal is close to being done, but there is certainly momentum.

Btw, these guys have been correct before.

I just feel like they "overspent" on a position that wasn't in dire need of upgrade. I do like Simmons, but man...

I hope Eppler knows what he's doing. 

Because the Braves would have taken Newcomb straight up for Simmons. The Angels could've used Aybar and Ellis in other deals

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....****.....

Man that would be underwhelming. Team has what? 1 left-handed hitter right now.....Cespedes also just scares me due to his swing at everything approach. Doubt that ages well and it just gives the Angels another low OBP% guy

hope that report isn't true but I also wouldnt' be surprised if it is. I don't consider the Angels FO to be one of the better ones in MLB so the moves they make will likely be ones I don't like

4.9% BB%

20.9% K%

Good combination here. If his BA falls back down to his career average of .270 you're looking at a .305-.315 OBP%. Does not solve the Angels issue of getting guys on base to create run scoring opportunities but does give them another option to hit solo HR's for this team

I mean, he'd obviously help compared to what they had last season in LF, but I just feel like he's the worst fit for this team among the OF options.

Or some other team would have sent multiple prospects for Simmons, and then we would be with Pennington and Soto.