• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

I don't get how many of y'all are low on Cespedes..the guys a beast...remember Albert may not be ready by opening day..if that's the case who hits behind trout? We need an impact bat

I believe a previous poster explained it pretty clearly.  He strikes out at an incredible rate and he doesnt walk.  That means he has a horrible approach entirely dependent on his quick reaction/swing.  Cespedes swing is gonna slow down and he's gonna be ****ing terrible, he is on the wrong side of 30.  The Angels have carried around that shitty curse for the last 20 years.  Just sick of those players. I personally dont get the argument that his lack of a comp pick is a compelling reason to pursue him.  Its not, its like 20 something pick.  The opportunity is there for a younger talented OF in his prime.  Who gives a shit about some late round pick who is 50/50 at best to ever help the Angels maybe in 4 or 5 years.  The farm is shitty, one pick isn't gonna dramatically impact that.  

Like i've said before, i wont be devestated but it would be a missed opportunity.  Literally anyone else would be better then what we've had before.  Its a pretty low bar to try and get over.  Why don't we aim higher if we're gonna spend a shit load of money.  Cespedes will cost a ton, have no doubt.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I believe a previous poster explained it pretty clearly. He strikes out at an incredible rate and he doesnt walk. The Angels have carried around that shitty curse for the last 20 years. Just sick of those players. Cespedes swing is gonna slow down and he's gonna be ****ing terrible. I personally dont get the argument that his lack of a comp pick is like a compelling reason to pursue him. Its not, its like 20 something pick. The opportunity is there for a younger talented OF in his prime. Who gives a shit about some late round pick who is 50/50 at best to ever help the Angels maybe in 4 or 5 years.

The Angels have been in some bad luck with players..look at beltre..David Ortiz..they still produce at the age they're at

After Heyward I think Cespedes is the best option. I've been big on Cespedes since the beginning of last season. I like Upton because he's only 28 but damn does he strike out a ton. I remember watching an interview with J-UP during all star break discussing how he's really had to make adjustments to the weather in SD. Talked about how it cools off at night and how he's basically struggling with that versus the weather in Atlanta.

Obviously Heyward fits us the best but if he's actually going to get 200 million I'm not sure how much that'll impact everything else going forward. We obviously need more than just one guy so if Cespedes allows us to still pursue more than I prefer this route.

The Angels have been in some bad luck with players..look at beltre..David Ortiz..they still produce at the age they're at

That's because those players actually have good approaches at the plate. Don't K a lot and draw walks. That just means they get themselves into good hitters counts. Cespedes swings at everything

That's because those players actually have good approaches at the plate. Don't K a lot and draw walks. That just means they get themselves into good hitters counts. Cespedes swings at everything

What about that dude the Angels used to have named Vladimir? Yeah, two totally different players but you get my point..the fact is that the Angels need an impact bat, someone that pitchers think about when he's in the hole..that doesn't include the likes of Fowler, Span, Parra nor Gordon..good players but no Cespedes..and the $$ will prove this ....the guys a game changer..he put the mets on his back

What about that dude the Angels used to have named Vladimir? Yeah, two totally different players but you get my point..the fact is that the Angels need an impact bat, someone that pitchers think about when he's in the hole..that doesn't include the likes of Fowler, Span, Parra nor Gordon..good players but no Cespedes..and the $$ will prove this ....the guys a game changer..he put the mets on his back

oh christ man,  yea they're totally different.  Other then having a morons approach at the plate they nothing in common.  Vlad was a freak and while he was young it worked out.  As soon as his bat speed diminished it was over.  It'll be the same for Cespedes but 10x worse.  We'd be getting him in the latter portion of his career.  If they give him a 5 or 6 year deal it'll be a nightmare.  Imagine having to deal with both Pujols and Cespedes in decline.  

oh christ man, yea they're totally different. Other then having a morons approach at the plate they nothing in common. Vlad was a freak and while he was young it worked out. As soon as his bat speed diminished it was over. It'll be the same for Cespedes but 10x worse. We'd be getting him in the latter portion of his career. If they give him a 5 or 6 year deal it'll be a nightmare. Imagine having to deal with both Pujols and Cespedes in decline.

It is what it is bro..I just think Cespedes is the man the Angels should target and by what's being said they think so too.

Edited by martinpa25

First of all, Vlad>>>>Cespedes. Vlad swung at everything but he also never struck out anywhere near the level Cespedes did. Also, while I love Vlad, remember how quickly he tailed off towards the end of his contract here....and the ANgels signed him when he was 28 years old. Cespedes is already 30

What he did with the Mets is not what they should be banking on. Way too small a sample size. That's 2 months out of 1 season

Wow indeed. Looks like Atl got their SS of the future after all. Wouldn't Swanson have to be a PTBNL then?

DBacks are also apparently close to a deal for Leake. 

How's that infield defense in AZ?

Braves received their number 1 and 2 prospect.  Pretty great deal. They might have the best farmsystem in baseball after this and the simmons trade.

Edited by Poozy