• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Because he has free agent PTSD.  He's already gonna pay another 60 mil for a guy to play for someone else.  If you add another bust to that, you are paying 50-60 per season to crappy LF production.  I can see why he wouldn't want to do it.  

Well then Arte is not a very good owner. He needs to put the bad signings in the past.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 5m5 minutes ago

The Angels had lots of discussions about Chase Utley, Neil Walker and, to a lesser extent, Ben Zobrist. Point being: They'd like a LHH 2B.

Asdrubal Cabrera is the only viable option left in that regard.

Or Daniel Murphy. Could be a trade option out there too.

Well then Arte is not a very good owner. He needs to put the bad signings in the past.

pretty much.  not saying he shouldn't spend the money.  I can see why he wouldn't want to though.  

to me, that's not my real issue.  don't change your mind mid way through the winter meetings when the entire front office has been working through scenarios under a different assumption.  

seems like the thing to do is just wait for more details all of us (myself included) are acting like the walls are caving in or something.  All this based on one tweet.  None of the big guys have come off the table yet.  The meetings have been boring as shit, might as well wait a bit more before we all start panicking.

Are we becoming the Lakers now with a dysfunctional org. and a team people dont want to play for. 

Where were you 5 months ago when the Angels GM stepped down due to the dynamic this team operates under? We saw all the stories about how they have a meddling owner and a manager with too much power. This org is far from being one of the better run ones in MLB IMO

With that said, people will play here if they pay them but that's another issue now apparently

"The Orioles are said to have extended a seven-year offer worth roughly $150MM to bring free-agent first baseman Chris Davis back to Baltimore, but Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that Davis is “believed to be seeking” an eight-year pact that will guarantee him $200MM through what would be his age-37 season."

LOL!!!  Boras at it again.