• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Kenta Maeda officially hits the market today. Giants expected to make a major push. Maeda's friends say he'd prefer the west coast.

I can't wait for the inevitable announcement that the Angels have no interest in signing him.

I doubt it - but I remember reading the Cardinals either were interested in, or made sense as a suitor, for Angels starters, or CJ. When I read that, I didn't see anything that would be an obvious fit as a return for the Angels. But the Cards now have Gyorko, Wong, and Carpenter all for second and third.

he's worth the price. he's a true #1, and he's young.

What worries me more is they'd probably shift gears and immediately make some big FA signings to fill any holes of players traded away. 

I live in Texas so I hear quite a bit about the Stros and their ownership can definitely spend money if they choose too. 

I haven't paid attention, are the Astros losing anyone to FA?

If they get Fernandez they will be seriously tough.

I remember when the Astros joined the AL West we were all giddy at the idea of a team to beat up on in division, but someone, maybe Jeff Fletcher?  Said that they wont be down for long.  Hard to see them not winning the division next year, with or without Fernandez.

No one major. Rasmus, Sipp, they cleared a good bit of their meager salary by trading Lowrie and dumping Carter, which leads me to think there is a good chance they sign one of Gordon, Heyward, or Davis. Like the Angels, they had plenty of power last year, but lacked in BA and OBP. They had much better speed, and their bullpen is lacking bigtime.

Edited by totdprods

They could start with Springer and Oberholtzer, and sign a FA bat like Gordon.

I wouldn't trade Springer straight up for Fernandez, let alone add anyone else to the deal. Springer was a 4-WAR player last year in only 60-percent of a season played. He is going to be a star, if he isn't already. And he is under control longer.

I was reading some of the Fernandez deal comments and I think its worth mentioning...

Fernandez Splits:

Home: 17-0, 1.40 ERA, 0.901 WHIP

Away: 5-9, 3.78 ERA, 1.170 WHIP

The dude has amazing stuff without a doubt, but thus far is mediocre outside Miami. Don't know if that's enough to be a factor to teams giving up elite talent, especially those in the AL