• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

MLB Network has done wonders for MLB....

If they were smart they'd create some separate "vignette's" with interviews with GM's, Agent's, and players and release them on the Internet or on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. to help drive interest in buying MLB channel.

There's just so much more they could be doing to raise the visibility of the sport in the offseason.

Dodgers plucked Danny Reynolds off waivers from the Angels. 40 man is now down to 34 players, and 6 of those are new to the roster already.

Going to be quite a different team next year no matter which route they go. Possibly a third of the 40 man will have turned over.

Have a feeling the Angels are in the mix for Shawn Kelley. He'd be good in the 6th-7th role and help make dealing a young reliever a little more palatable.

The Yankees/San Diego background on him in connection with the news of Gott drawing interest and reports that the Kelley market is heating up have me speculating.

Edited by totdprods

i have mixed feelings.

the only guy on our current SP roster who has pitched near 200 innings in a season recently is felix. that's it. we just got an innings eater who hasn't had below 200 IP in forever.

but giving up 2 good arms seems like way too much for that.

first time i've questioned dipoto, but we'll see what he gets together for the pen in the next few months.

Last time DiPoto wanted an innings eater we ended up with Blanton!

Buddy Baumann, a LHP in the Royals system who has yet to pitch in the majors, has 5 major league contract offers already.

Akin to the Rafael Ortega signing, I can see the Angels being one of those teams. Angels have 6 spots open on the 40 right now, so definitely can make an offer or two like that.

Also an indicator at how high pitching is being valued.

Edited by totdprods

If pitching is being regarded this highly, makes me wonder what Santiago could bring back. Or what Heaney/Skaggs could bring back. 

i'm not saying i would do it, as a matter of fact i wouldn't, but what do some of you think of a heaney for todd frazier trade?

i'm not saying i would do it, as a matter of fact i wouldn't, but what do some of you think of a heaney for todd frazier trade?

No way. Only way I'd consider, they'd have to include Phillips and half of his salary, and we'd have to sign Chen. And I'd still probably reject it.

We could probably get a cheap, young, controllable LF or IFer for Heaney and if he was traded, that's the only type of player I'd want back.

Edited by totdprods

looks like the cubbies just pulled down Shelby Miller for Baez.  Great move for them, I think Baez is garbage. 

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/674115114728034305

The #Cubs get Shelby Miller from #Braves for Javy Baez per @GDubCub

23 retweets10 likes

looks like the cubbies just pulled down Shelby Miller for Baez.  Great move for them, I think Baez is garbage. 

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/674115114728034305

The #Cubs get Shelby Miller from #Braves for Javy Baez per @GDubCub

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Cubs go all in on Heyward to play CF now. 

Baez was playing CF in winter ball and they saved $ by going the Lackey and Miller route instead of Price or Greinke. 

Edit: That's assuming the trade is real. 

Edited by Gil

I'd be all over that Chuck, but I'm not sure that nets us Baez. I'm not saying that is fair value, because it is... I just feel like Chicago would rather trade Castro and if they were giving up Baez it would be in a package for more of an impact player. 

I could see a fit with Chicago sending Baez, Almora, + for Shelby Miller For instance. 

The deal didn't go through... missing Almora ! lol

Edit: my fault, cubs said no not the other way around.

Edited by marcosantinia12