• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Any interest in the Angels signing Fister or Gallardo

Fister would be great to take a flyer on for a 1-2 year contract.

And I'm also starting to grow on Gallardo. His predicted amount looks like a bargain by today's standards (4/52). He's been a consistently good pitcher under the radar at 11% above league average in his career and 24% better last year. I would much rather put my money into this guy than Freese for instance, who will most likely get 3/30. He will be 30 in 2016 but I feel confident in getting years 30-33 out of a pitcher who doesn't rely on over power I g stuff or a violent delivery.

Another controllable reliever in demand: Per sources, #Angels drawing interest in Trevor Gott. Would want similar MLB value in return.

I can see Trevor Gott being a very desirable trade target for other teams. He's 23, he's pre-arbitration, and he has a 95 mph fastball with with wicked lateral movement. If he can develop even an average slider and changeup to go with the fastball, he's going to continue to be very good. He outperformed RJ Alvarez in 2015, that's for sure.

Im starting ro warm to the idea of adding a SP. Problem is if arte pinches pennies, and we can only add one, we need a bat a lot more

i'll keep saying it, the angels need an impact SP. their rotation is neither good enough nor deep enough. i know if you look at it like there's only 5 rotation spots, then it seems like we have excess, but they don't. the average mlb team will need over 12 SP in most seasons.

i'll keep saying it, the angels need an impact SP. their rotation is neither good enough nor deep enough. i know if you look at it like there's only 5 rotation spots, then it seems like we have excess, but they don't. the average mlb team will need over 12 SP in most seasons.

I couldn't agree more. I hope they are in on Cueto.

Another controllable reliever in demand: Per sources, #Angels drawing interest in Trevor Gott. Would want similar MLB value in return.

Gott could be a huge trade chip. I love the big fastball, ground ball generating ability and home run suppression but he'll struggle to miss bats until his slider or change up develops to put away pitches. If he helps you fix one of the big holes, go for it. 

The Royals are finalizing a three-year contract with Joakim Soria, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports (Twitter link).  The deal will pay Soria $25MM plus performance bonuses, SB Nation’s Chris Cotillo tweets, and Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press reports that there is also a mutual option for a fourth season.  Soria is represented by Oscar Suarez.

Chapman and Jensen could be the nastiest 1-2 combo in the bullpen in history.

It's almost so good on paper I'm expecting it to somehow be underwhelming at some point. Either from injury, or one of them griping about not being closer, etc.

Edited by totdprods