• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Maybe Peraza? They could also do their dodger thing where they take on a boatload of bad contracts/money, which may be appealing a rebuilding Reds team. Still, that would seem pretty light given what Boston gave up for Kimbrel.

I think chapman only has 1 yr left on his deal though?

How do they get Chapman without throwing in Urias?

Chapman only has 1 more year of control before he's a FA. I figured there was no way the Dodgers would deal Urias or Seager but I assumed De Leon would be in a Chapman deal. Rosenthal saying none of them are in the deal. What a steal for the Dodgers. Get Chapman without dealing even 1 of their top 3 prospects

Chapman only has 1 more year of control before he's a FA. I figured there was no way the Dodgers would deal Urias or Seager but I assumed De Leon would be in a Chapman deal. Rosenthal saying none of them are in the deal. What a steal for the Dodgers. Get Chapman without dealing even 1 of their top 3 prospects

And now they can use some or all of them to go after Fernandez or Harvey. Heck, maybe both.

Difference is the Dodgers have a much deeper system.  Their top 10 are probably all higher rated than our #1 at this point.

Fletcher reporting the Angels have checked in on Brett Lawrie.

Nothing like trying to solve your 3B problem with a often injured dbag. Someone here refered to him as a mini Hackilton and I don't think that comparison is far off. Unless Eppler is swinging for the fences and trying to get Reddick in this deal as well, I just don't see how trading for Lawrie is a good idea

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Miley traded by #RedSox to #Mariners.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Deal is Miley and RHP Aro to #Mariners, Elias and Carson Smith to #RedSox, per @JonHeymanCBS.

Hate this deal for the Mariners. Carson Smith is filthy....glad the M's traded him away for a backend starter. Is Miley even any better than Roenis Elias, anyway?

Red Sox bullpen is looking pretty good now with Smith/Uehara/Kimbrel

I think I recall Miley killing us last year in a game, took a no-hitter or perfecto into the 6th or 7th, I think.

Conversely, I think we destroyed him in a game in July during our Month of Offense.

Funny reading the Mariners boards and hearing them start to question Dipoto's recent moves. Jerry's definitely getting his shot at building a club exactly the way he wants. Will be interesting to see how they fare! 

Fletch reporting via Twitter that Giants, Yankees, and Pirates make sense for CJ, based on convos with other beat reporters. 

CJ for Walker would be great. Both are FAs after the year. CJ owed $20, Walker probably to make around $10m in arbitration. Angels could eat half and I think it'd make sense for both teams.

I think I recall Miley killing us last year in a game, took a no-hitter or perfecto into the 6th or 7th, I think.

Conversely, I think we destroyed him in a game in July during our Month of Offense.

Funny reading the Mariners boards and hearing them start to question Dipoto's recent moves. Jerry's definitely getting his shot at building a club exactly the way he wants. Will be interesting to see how they fare! 

yeah but tbf the Angels offense was a complete joke last season outside of Trout and at times Calhoun/Pujols