• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Kenta Maeda will be posted 8 AM EST tomorrow

He makes sense for us.  But no way the Angels will get him with the new bidding process.  Dogs and yanks have been shut out on the big names, and will bid max, and team name recognition will give them both a leg up on the competition. 

The Mets have reached agreement on a deal for Pirates second baseman Neil Walker, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports on Twitter. It is pending a review of medicals and “small other matters,” he adds.

It’s not yet clear what the return will be, but lefty Jon Niese has reportedly factored heavily in trade talks between the teams. ESPN.com’s Buster Olney tweets that Niese is indeed in the deal.

Someone please explain how we can afford to trade a starting pitcher. Our rotation is thin already, we barely have 5 guys to make the Major League roster. On top of that, with Newcomb and Ellis gone, we have absolutely 0 depth.

So I ask you, suppose we trade a startet (CJ or Hector for example), are we going with a 4 man rotation? Suppose someone gets injured, then what?

With the fact that Walker is going to the Mets over the Angels shows Santiagos current value. I think we all here over-value CJ and Santiago. Eppler has his work cut out for him I'll stay patient but it's not easy.

I think it's quite the opposite.  The Bucs knew they would have had to give up more than just Walker to get him.  

No it doesn't. I think the issue in the end had more to do with the fact that the Angels probably didn't want to trade Santiago and his 2 yrs of control for Walker. who is a FA after 2016

They likely wanted to do a deal centered around CJ Wilson and Walker which makes more sense since both would be on 1yr deals. Mets stepped in and then were willing to deal Niese....who has team options for both 2017 and 2018.

Someone please explain how we can afford to trade a starting pitcher. Our rotation is thin already, we barely have 5 guys to make the Major League roster. On top of that, with Newcomb and Ellis gone, we have absolutely 0 depth.

So I ask you, suppose we trade a startet (CJ or Hector for example), are we going with a 4 man rotation? Suppose someone gets injured, then what?

Richards, Weaver, Santiago, Skaggs, Heaney, Wilson and Shoe.  7 potential SP.  They can deal one.  Keep in mind that Rasmus can also start if they need him to.

Richards, Weaver, Santiago, Skaggs, Heaney, Wilson and Shoe. 7 potential SP. They can deal one. Keep in mind that Rasmus can also start if they need him to.

You mean 5.00 ERA Weaver, the guy who looks done? Skaggs, whos coming off Tommy John surgery. Wilson, coming off on an elbow injury and also appears to be quite finished. Other then that, youve got Santiago who had a terrible 2nd half, and Shoemaker who is inconsistent.

I dont see this rotation being that reliable, and if this is the group were starting the season with we actually might need to trade or sign for a SP instead of trying to give one up.

You mean 5.00 ERA Weaver, the guy who looks done? Skaggs, whos coming off Tommy John surgery. Wilson, coming off on an elbow injury and also appears to be quite finished. Other then that, youve got Santiago who had a terrible 2nd half, and Shoemaker who is inconsistent.

I dont see this rotation being that reliable, and if this is the group were starting the season with we actually might need to trade or sign for a SP instead of trying to give one up.

SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png