• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

This will sound dumb, but I will let it fly. As you can imagine I have had my share of INO. Yesterday, I was working, and I had meetings until about 2pm, then I went to one of my stores. Because I have so many burgers I am not all that picky about what I order and usually just let them make me something. Most of them know my rules, my burger should have onions and shouldn't have mustard. So I tell them to cook me a burger, "What would you like? I don't care, just make sure it has onions." They made me a simple Double Single (two meat one slice of cheese) with onions and they added sliced chilli peppers. It also came with lettuce, spread and tomatoes. I've had that burger dozens of times before, if not hundreds of times. For some reason, this was the perfect burger yesterday. For me it usually comes down to four things with my burger, is it properly seasoned, is the bun properly toasted, are the tomatoes fresh or do they taste refrigerated, and then is the burger not over-cooked. It was as good of a burger as I have had in a long time. I know those things, or our business model seems simple enough, but to do it at its highest level, it's pretty difficult at times. Every burger we make is pretty damn good, but every once in awhile it makes you forget the other 5,000 burgers you have had. Thanks for allowing me to share something that probably bores the hell out of all of you.

I've heard nothing but good things about that place. I work down the street.

Is it possible to get in and out of there (no pun intended) within an hour for lunch?

Honestly I wouldn't know, I have only been a few times, years ago, always for dinner. Sorry I couldn't help.

To expand on the rub or sauce, I apply a dry rub at least three hours before bbq. Even before that I soak ribs in a bath of apple cider vinegar and apple cider, then remove the skin on the bone side. Let them dry out and apply the rub. My choices in store bought rub is either Plowboy's Yardbird or a maple rub you can get from BBQ Galore.

After running them under some smoke and 275-300 for three hours, basting every half hour, I pull them and let them sit wrapped in butter, brown sugar and some leftover fluids from the rub process.

Then they are finished on a hot grill to caramelize some bbq sauce and any that I hold over for leftovers are naked, no sauce. My brother likes them naked to get more of the smoke flavor.

Instant 2,500 calorie meal when you think of all the ingredients and that's why it is called pig candy.

my cuter half makes that around the holidays.

its insanity.

my wife makes a version of this for our Christmas brunch. it's incredibly good.

i'm surprised paula deen's version isn't loaded with three cups of mayo. she seems like she would have put mayo on an aspirin, then battered it with flour and then deep friend that puppy.

Oh yeah, if we are going full blown course meals. I think my breakfast is a breakfast burrito from Hole Mole off Newport in Tustin. Fan-****ing-tastic for breakfast burritos.

Cmon. Disappointed in you. That place skus. The taco factory across the street crushes it. Or, head slightly west down McFadden into Santa Ana for real Mexican food.

This thread idea is great but almost impossible to answer. I will just give you an example of how if calories or location weren't an obstacle how I would spend almost everyday. I would start the morning with a simple cup of coffee and a small bowl of cereal, honey nut cherrios or captain crunch, then I would head to breakfast. I would hit up Original Pancake House in Anaheim (they have a left handed urinal there), and I would get their bacon and cheese omelet that they bake and it is pretty fantastic. For lunch, we would be making a couple of stops. I would start with Chips and Cheese and a couple of tacos at Mexi Casa, I've been going there for 35 years and it is just comfort food for me. Then I would swing by home for my fiancee's home made Mac n Cheese, the speical one with four or five types of cheese, it is pretty incredible. She makes a smaller quicker one, but the four or five cheese one is ridiculous. If I could go back in time I would have my mom's chicken enchiladas, it is the only thing we can't really replicate of what she used to cook, they were just amazing. For dinner it would almost have to be a steak, so either Northwoods, so I could have the cheese bread with it, or go out to one of Bobby Flay's restaurants. Mesa Grille in Vegas makes a chipotle rib eye that is pretty great, very well seasoned and very tender and flavorful, also the Mesa Grille margarita is ****ing nuts. They also serve Chimay Blue, which is just about perfect with the steak. If I was in New York I would eat at his restaurant Bar Americain, where he had a Philly Cheese Steak Rib Eye. Basically a Rib Eye, perfectly seasoned, sitting in a melted provalone cheese with carmelized onions on it. These are such hard decisions. My favorite steak I have had lately is at a place in Havasu called Cha Bones. They have a rib eye served black eye style, which is a cajon cream sauce and three grilled shrimp on it. For desert it is really simple for me, a simple scoop of quality vanilla ice cream. Late night snack would be sushi at Sushi Ten out here in Chino, the quality is amazing and the service outstanding. This is such a hard question that I am sure if I decided to make this list again, it would include pizza, chicken parmesan and fried chicken.

Impressive list Strad.