• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

Not to derail on the first post but I have significantly changed my diet over the last three months and today had a crazy desire for a Patty melt with bacon and avocado with a heap of French fries.

I didn't finish it, all I was tasting was what seemed like a coating of oil on my tongue. Salt, ketchup, didn't help it just sat there feeling like I tried to eat a spoon of crisco.

I guess what I'm saying is there are foods out there I used to feast on that may not get past a couple bites these days. I think I've ruined my tongue.

Not to derail on the first post but I have significantly changed my diet over the last three months and today had a crazy desire for a Patty melt with bacon and avocado with a heap of French fries.

I didn't finish it, all I was tasting was what seemed like a coating of oil on my tongue. Salt, ketchup, didn't help it just sat there feeling like I tried to eat a spoon of crisco.

I guess what I'm saying is there are foods out there I used to feast on that may not get past a couple bites these days. I think I've ruined my tongue.

Blare, glad to hear that. I saw the photos from spring training.

Looked like you gained 8 or 10 or maybe even 100 in the offseason. Glad to hear you took it off.

Local?

Deep dish Chicago pizza from Tony's Little Italy, followed by a short drive down the 57 for Pepe's beef tacos, that beef drenched in pork fat, then across the 91 over to Portillos for two Italian beef sandwiches with some cheese fries, and then down the five to Tommy's for two Caliente chili burgers with a chili fries. Desert is hot milky bun with ice cream at Afters in Tustin.

I started the thread and I had a hard time. I'd have to mix it up. Double Western from Carl's (f you! They're amazing). Chili fries from The Hat and a half of a cheesecake. Wash it down with half gallon of chocolate milk.

i'd ask my wife to cook our regular thanksgiving meal.

mashed potatoes with gravy

dressing

sweet potatoes/yams (not the kind that are baked with those stupid little marshmallows - this is a can of yams cooked with butter, oranges, and brown sugar, more like a dessert than a side dish)

meat loaf

acorn squash 

kings hawaiian dinner rolls

martinelli's apple grape sparkling cider

pear crisp with a big huge glob of vanilla ice cream for dessert

if not that, then there's this sensational veggie calzone at a place in pasadena called big mama's brick oven ny pizza. they also have garlic puffs.

if we're going for just a buttload of empty calories, then grilled cheese from INO, fries from mcdonalds, and a huge mountain dew from taco bell.

Edited by Tank

As with most things if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. A combination of fresh caught grouper, shrimp and seasoned onion rings deep fried in tempura batter with a nice horseradish sauce that I created by accident. Served with hush puppies and a 5 cheese macaroni my daughter and I made on her birthday last year Once that's done it's our apple cobbler served warm with the ice cream oozing over the sides as you dig in. Wash down with old fashioned southern sweet iced tea.

Local?

Deep dish Chicago pizza from Tony's Little Italy, followed by a short drive down the 57 for Pepe's beef tacos, that beef drenched in pork fat, then across the 91 over to Portillos for two Italian beef sandwiches with some cheese fries, and then down the five to Tommy's for two Caliente chili burgers with a chili fries. Desert is hot milky bun with ice cream at Afters in Tustin.

Oh Damn, my son lived not far from Afters and introduced me to that. It was part of a downward cycle that led to needing a serious diet change. Just plain evil, a donut ice cream sandwich.

As with most things if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. A combination of fresh caught grouper, shrimp and seasoned onion rings deep fried in tempura batter with a nice horseradish sauce that I created by accident. Served with hush puppies and a 5 cheese macaroni my daughter and I made on her birthday last year Once that's done it's our apple cobbler served warm with the ice cream oozing over the sides as you dig in. Wash down with old fashioned southern sweet iced tea.

You had my attention all the way up to the sweet tea.

I'll counter yours with smoked baby back ribs that are rested in butter and brown sugar then finished on the grill with Sweet Baby Rays. Sides of grilled corn, grilled Brussel sprouts, mushrooms and zucchini, potato salad with bacon, dessert a mixed berry shortcake with no shortage of whipped cream. Beer, iced tea is for women.

Of course everything but the grilled vegetables are now off the list.

Edited by notti

I love food.  It's like a hobby and borderline obsession.  

I'm a total sandwich/burger junky.  Anything that combines bread/meat and optionally some sort of sauce or even some stuff that grows from the ground.  

I'd rather have an italian cold cut sandwich than a big steak.  

My childhood fav is Claro's in Arcadia.  Ordered fresh.  Not from the case (bread gets weird).  

I had half a leftover godmother from bay cities deli one time and it was crazy good.  Still haven't had a fresh one.  

Right up there on my list because it's kinda fresh in my mind is a place I happened upon in San Bernardino called Green Shack.  Had the Italian Job and it was one of the best I can remember.  

Johnnies Beef in Chicago is also a classic.  

Hard call. It would definitely start with some good beer, perhaps a couple Pranqsters. It would end with a carton of Hagen Daz, either mint chip, bourbon pecan, or pistachio.

In between, it would probably involve a good pizza. Pizza Port makes a good one. If not pizza, probably a barbeque burger with some good bacon. But I'd be just as happy with a large plate of pasta, preferably in a white sauce with shrimp, clams, and scallops.

Damn, I am hungry now.

I would smoke a series of meats, chicken, ribs, tri-tip and turkey. Add some mashed potatoes, Bbq beans, veggies (so i don't feel totally bad about myself. Iced Tea. Dark Chocolate Satin pie with berries for dessert followed by a beer or three by the fire while playing a little guitar before a night of fun with a brunette (lights off due to bloating).