• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

I used to go there when I lived in Alhambra, but I haven't been there in 20 plus years.  Is the food the same?

It's been about that long since I've been to El Tepeyac too. The food is as good as ever, according to these Yelp reviews. Manuel, the owner, died in 2013 but I believe it's still run by the family.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/manuels-original-el-tepeyac-cafe-los-angeles

Whoa, tough question.

I'd want some combo of bbq and Mexican, but too many quality options listed. Arthur Bryants bbq, Miguels (hate all you want), Ruth Chris, and Phillippes.

Oh, and definitely end it with Afters. Ice cream doughnuts for sure if I'm eating myself to death.

Soto brought the thunder here.

Whoa, tough question.

I'd want some combo of bbq and Mexican, but too many quality options listed. Arthur Bryants bbq, Miguels (hate all you want), Ruth Chris, and Phillippes.

Oh, and definitely end it with Afters. Ice cream doughnuts for sure if I'm eating myself to death.

Soto brought the thunder here.

I'm not even a dessert guy but damn those hot milky buns stuffed with ice cream is crack.

my wife makes this potato casserole (it's called world's best potatoes). i could gorge on this like there's no tomorrow. it's filled with butter and cream/milk, and it's absolutely incredible. we usually combine this with another casserole called special k loaf (it's a vegetarian loaf that has cottage cheese, eggs, and special k cereal, and it's terrific). top this off with a big bowl of cherry vanilla choc chip ice cream, and you can call the mortician.

my wife makes this potato casserole (it's called world's best potatoes). i could gorge on this like there's no tomorrow. it's filled with butter and cream/milk, and it's absolutely incredible. we usually combine this with another casserole called special k loaf (it's a vegetarian loaf that has cottage cheese, eggs, and special k cereal, and it's terrific). top this off with a big bowl of cherry vanilla choc chip ice cream, and you can call the mortician.

After eating all that, I'm calling dominos for a meat lovers pizza.

I'm not even a dessert guy but damn those hot milky buns stuffed with ice cream is crack.

Yeah, I'm not even big into sweets (I'd crush a whole batch of brownies though any day), but that place is legit. They are opening one in the Diamond Plaza soon or maybe it's open now.

I actually wonder if I could scrap my post and eat nothing but homemade or top quality mac and cheese only in one sitting until I died.

i cant lie, im still partial to lame ass kraft cheese and macaroni.

Every now and then ill get a mac and cheese at a restaraunt with chicken or whatever meat they put in theirs. Thats a good little meal

Any love for albertos? Their carne asada burritos are great. Love the guacamole and the tortillas they use.

Mexican places always seem to have the best fries. I think albertos' tortillas are similar, they add lard which is obviously unhealthy as hell but adds flavor.

Anyone remember a place called carmels? Used to be one in anaheim when i was a kid, good mexican food

Smoqued is solid.

I'm meal prepping and all that bullshit like eating hardboiled eggs and plain oatmeal, but since I'm going to Growl (cold pressed green juices) next door later I'm going to smash a plate.

Not a fan of fatty burnt ends, but think they have brisket or tri tip and will crush that with some mac and cheese.