• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

Years ago we were regulars at the Sunday El Torito brunch at fashion island (been gone for a while now) which was like $17 a person and included all you can drink champagne.  That turned into a debacle every time as we'd end up going to Newport after but it was a blast and back then hangovers were harder to come by and cheap champagne didn't give me a bad headache like it does now.

For my go to fast food meal I'll steal from Soto.  I haven't had the caliente burger but at Tommy's the triple chili cheeseburger combo with chili cheese fries and a diabetes inducing extra large soda.  I made it through that once years ago and I'm pretty sure some of that chili still resides in my stomach.  These days I just go with the chili cheeseburger combo with chili cheese fries and can barely move after eating that.    

For quick Chinese food that's a step above panda express, below a sit down restaurant and cheaper than both Lucky Chinese food (cash only) in Fountain Valley can't be beat.  A 2 item combo is like $6 but they literally overfill the styrofoam container with your entree choices.  You get plenty of rice/chow mein as well but you aren't walking away with a container that weighs well over a pound just because of that.    

This would be my plan:

Get $100 from ATM.

Drive to Austin at 7 AM.

​

Franklin BBQ.

Profit.

Isn't that one of those locals only know about it roadside places where the guy has his cut up 50 gallon oil drums going all night and by 11am he is sold out?

I was thinking of going to Houston to see the Angels last series there and it seems to be a complete pig out central around the stadium.

Nothing satisfies like a good ol' greasy hamburger with fries.

My go-to is double jalapeno burger from Carls.

Just the right amount of grease, cheese, and heat.

I'm not really a milk shake guy so I'll take that with a Diet Coke.

The greatest meal I've ever had:

The George V restaurant at the Four Seasons in Paris.

Michelin 3 star.

Absolutely, f*cking, utterly, insane.

I think we were there for 4.5 hours - the food and wine and cheese just keeps coming.

Course after course after course.

We got back to our flat afterwards and I was curled up on my side doing breathing exercises, it's just too much damn food.

It was just biblical amounts of gluttony.

002_four-seasons-georges-V-salonl.jpg

I grew up in Philly and consumed my share of cheesesteaks. The best ones are actually not at Pat's or Geno's but in some of the neighborhood delis throughout the city. Amoroso rolls make all the difference.

John's Philly Grille does a pretty good job here in Socal. There's one in Huntington Beach and another one in Seal Beach.

have you ever eaten at tony luke's in philly? how was it? i saw on his menu that he offers a veggie & cheese sandwich.

The greatest meal I've ever had:

The George V restaurant at the Four Seasons in Paris.

Michelin 3 star.

Absolutely, f*cking, utterly, insane.

I think we were there for 4.5 hours - the food and wine and cheese just keeps coming.

Course after course after course.

We got back to our flat afterwards and I was curled up on my side doing breathing exercises, it's just too much damn food.

It was just biblical amounts of gluttony.

sounds an awful lot like del taco to me.

there's a really good hot dog place in pasadena called Dog Haus. if you haven't been there, you need to plan a trip. lots of choices or you can select your own toppings. i like the cowboy. it comes with white american cheese, fried crispy onions, and bbq sauce. for the bun they use kings hawaiian rolls. excellent meal. they also have tator tots instead of fries.

going to pinks is on my list. sounds like i need to visit portillo's also.