• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

no one has mentioned a philly cheesesteak yet. on tv, they look absolutely amazing to me. peppers, onions, and provolone, great bread - yum.

The problem with an ambitious sandwich like a Philly is the limited window for optimum eating. You want the meat still hot and juicy, the veggies to have proper texture, the cheese still slightly gooey and the bread with that toasty crunch that ties it together. If you bite too early you could scald your mouth but too late and it's soggy and blah. But inside that 2 minute window........

I love food.  It's like a hobby and borderline obsession.  

I'm a total sandwich/burger junky.  Anything that combines bread/meat and optionally some sort of sauce or even some stuff that grows from the ground.  

I'd rather have an italian cold cut sandwich than a big steak.  

My childhood fav is Claro's in Arcadia.  Ordered fresh.  Not from the case (bread gets weird).  

I had half a leftover godmother from bay cities deli one time and it was crazy good.  Still haven't had a fresh one.  

Right up there on my list because it's kinda fresh in my mind is a place I happened upon in San Bernardino called Green Shack.  Had the Italian Job and it was one of the best I can remember.  

Johnnies Beef in Chicago is also a classic.  

Arts, Cantors or Chino Hills Roscoe's deli for a Reuben sandwich. The best I ever had was at Franks in Milwaukee. 

Giovannis Pizza on Williamson back in the day had the best Italian cold cut sandwiches. They sold it, bought it back but it has been so long I don't know who owns it.  I've never ordered a sandwich from Claros but have definitely a lot of Italian meats. 

Naples Rib Company, Long Beach

http://vp.cdn.cityvoterinc.com/GetImage.ashx?img=00/00/00/17/92/37/179237-264672.jpg

(wouldn't let me post the image directly)

Have to agree. They also have a location in Costa Mesa off Harbor Blvd (Newport Rib Co). Recently had dinner there and tried their pulled pork. It was fantastic. Actually...everything was fantastic.

My favorite is Chicken Maison. They are very popular in the South Bay area and have 1 location off Bristol in Santa Ana. I go for their Spicy Lemon Garlic rotisserie chicken, maison rice, and garlic sauce. This past weekend we had a family dinner and I brought Chicken Maison. Everyone loved it. If you're in the area, it's a must try.

no one has mentioned a philly cheesesteak yet. on tv, they look absolutely amazing to me. peppers, onions, and provolone, great bread - yum.

I grew up in Philly and consumed my share of cheesesteaks. The best ones are actually not at Pat's or Geno's but in some of the neighborhood delis throughout the city. Amoroso rolls make all the difference.

John's Philly Grille does a pretty good job here in Socal. There's one in Huntington Beach and another one in Seal Beach.

Yeah Soto brought it

I left out Phillipes. In lucky I'm minimally fat. I love food and drive all over to get it. I consider it an adventure. Of course as I write this, I'm lacing up the shoes for the gym. Tough to eat like crap, when you don't work it off.

I pretty much plan my travels locally and away from SoCal around food.

I can always offer a suggestion.

Local?

Deep dish Chicago pizza from Tony's Little Italy, followed by a short drive down the 57 for Pepe's beef tacos, that beef drenched in pork fat, then across the 91 over to Portillos for two Italian beef sandwiches with some cheese fries, and then down the five to Tommy's for two Caliente chili burgers with a chili fries. Desert is hot milky bun with ice cream at Afters in Tustin.

thats a good list...

Kudos for mentioning portillos. Havent been there in years but its good eats.

Good thread.not sure what id do. For some reason i have a sick fascination with death row last meals. Most i laugh at, like "you could have had anything and you picked a hamburger?!?!" But sometimes im impressed.

^agreed, total guilty pleasure of mine. That corn cake is aawesome.

Anyone here a fried chicken guy? I read some click bait article the other day about a place called tokyo friwd chicken in monterey park (i think) and i got a craving for it. Havent had good fried chicken in a long time. Kfc once or twice a year but its always a let down.

Theres still 2 pioneer chickens left in LA. Made the trip out to have it once and it was worth it.

Anyone here a fried chicken guy? I read some click bait article the other day about a place called tokyo friwd chicken in monterey park (i think) and i got a craving for it. Havent had good fried chicken in a long time. Kfc once or twice a year but its always a let down.

Theres still 2 pioneer chickens left in LA. Made the trip out to have it once and it was worth it.

It's another of the things I prefer to do myself. Gotta soak it in buttermilk over night. That and biscuits are the only reasons buttermilk even exists.

KFC never sits right anymore. I would do extra crunchy for a while and now I can hardly get a thigh down without giving up. Leaves a nasty aftertaste.

doublefront.jpg

The best fried chicken I have ever had was the Double Front in Missoula, Montana. The locals joked it was the double time because it took forever waiting for their double dip process where the dredge the birds, fry them, pull them out and dredge them again and drop them back in the fryer. Most people order to go and then decide when they get there whether to eat there or take it home. I almost missed a flight home waiting for some chicken to go.

donahoos1.jpg

I've been meaning to try Donahoos in Pomona. It is one of those old as dirt take out places that has the big chicken on the sign. It's Pomona so I've been leery of stopping in because... Pomona. Anybody think it's worth risking a drive by?

Damn now I want Roscoe's 

I used to do Roscoe's in Hollywood years ago. It's not as though the chicken was the best, the waffles were just ok but pair them together with some syrup and there is the 2,500 calorie meal you can really feel guilty about and yet not.

Same with Pinks and a spicy polish with chili. So f'n bad for you and burns from mouth to toilet but it just has to be done now and then. I usually chase one with a Kraut dog just to insure indigestion.

"Burns from mouth to toilet", lol

My grandma loved fried chicken and is probably what got me hooked. She was very good at making it (my mom is too, but they made it different). My grandma would usually make it with mashed potatoes, corn on the cobb, and ambrosia salad.

Ambrosia is one of the few desserts i go out of my way to eat. Doesnt seem that popular, but whenever i see it at the store deli, ill grab some and a few pieces of chicken. Not the same as grandmas but its total comfort food