• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

About a month ago I went to the Original Pancake House for the first time. That place is pretty tight. I love how they do their fried potatoes. 

the one in anaheim?

i went a couple times when i was down there recently.

its good, but man WAY too much food.

i like how whatever you order, its like "ok here is your omelette sir. AND a 6" stack of pancake we include with every order."

I used to go to Claim Jumper a while back, like 15+ years ago.  Haven't been in a few years. I remember getting huge plates of ribs, chicken, baked potatoes, and beans for a decent price.  Add in their Motherlode chocolate cake after (which is maybe 12" tall for a slice, good for a couple people). No matter how hungry you were, you most likely leave with a couple to-go containers.  Huge portions. Last time I was there it seemed like it wasn't as big, and even more expensive. 

I went to the one down in Encinitas. The service was poor and the food not that great which was a complete reversal of the one my son and I visited in Minnesota. The Minni location was packed solid with people but they had us seated in about five minutes, food on the table in about 15 after the order was made. Never and empty water glass or coffee cup with the waiter always doing a pass by and making eye contact with every table to make sure they didn't need anything. Everything about that location was how a busy restaurant should be run. Everything about the Encinitas location was about how franchises can be flakey.

I went to the one down in Encinitas. The service was poor and the food not that great which was a complete reversal of the one my son and I visited in Minnesota. The Minni location was packed solid with people but they had us seated in about five minutes, food on the table in about 15 after the order was made. Never and empty water glass or coffee cup with the waiter always doing a pass by and making eye contact with every table to make sure they didn't need anything. Everything about that location was how a busy restaurant should be run. Everything about the Encinitas location was about how franchises can be flakey.

The service in HB was awful too. 40 minutes to be seated. Not enough silverware and had to ask twice to get the two sets we needed. They couldn't keep our coffee full. It was pretty shitty. Good food though.

This thread idea is great but almost impossible to answer. I will just give you an example of how if calories or location weren't an obstacle how I would spend almost everyday. I would start the morning with a simple cup of coffee and a small bowl of cereal, honey nut cherrios or captain crunch, then I would head to breakfast. I would hit up Original Pancake House in Anaheim (they have a left handed urinal there), and I would get their bacon and cheese omelet that they bake and it is pretty fantastic. For lunch, we would be making a couple of stops. I would start with Chips and Cheese and a couple of tacos at Mexi Casa, I've been going there for 35 years and it is just comfort food for me. Then I would swing by home for my fiancee's home made Mac n Cheese, the speical one with four or five types of cheese, it is pretty incredible. She makes a smaller quicker one, but the four or five cheese one is ridiculous. If I could go back in time I would have my mom's chicken enchiladas, it is the only thing we can't really replicate of what she used to cook, they were just amazing. For dinner it would almost have to be a steak, so either Northwoods, so I could have the cheese bread with it, or go out to one of Bobby Flay's restaurants. Mesa Grille in Vegas makes a chipotle rib eye that is pretty great, very well seasoned and very tender and flavorful, also the Mesa Grille margarita is ****ing nuts. They also serve Chimay Blue, which is just about perfect with the steak. If I was in New York I would eat at his restaurant Bar Americain, where he had a Philly Cheese Steak Rib Eye. Basically a Rib Eye, perfectly seasoned, sitting in a melted provalone cheese with carmelized onions on it. These are such hard decisions. My favorite steak I have had lately is at a place in Havasu called Cha Bones. They have a rib eye served black eye style, which is a cajon cream sauce and three grilled shrimp on it. For desert it is really simple for me, a simple scoop of quality vanilla ice cream. Late night snack would be sushi at Sushi Ten out here in Chino, the quality is amazing and the service outstanding. This is such a hard question that I am sure if I decided to make this list again, it would include pizza, chicken parmesan and fried chicken.

Edited by Stradling

Hellz yeah.

A shredded beef taco/chile relleno lunch at Mexi-Casa, plus beer.

A Northwoods Inn steak/scallop dinner (rice pilaf and loaded baked potato sides) with piles and piles of that cheesy toast, green/red salad, and schooners of beer.

For dessert, a funeral because I'm dead.

I feel like strad just took off a glove and slapped soto with it, bugs bunny style

Im gonna have to give that smoqued place a shot. Its funny, i havent heard of half the places in this thread, but last night at work two guys mentioned 3 of them.

It's pretty good for California bbq. Been twice now and both were solid.