• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Anyone Dislike Mike Trout?

On 7/16/2015 at 6:35 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:
On 7/16/2015 at 11:54 AM, Stradling said:

You mean like how Weaver took less money to stay with us, has a few real good seasons with us, now that his arm is shot people shit all over him? Is that the kind of sentiment you're talking about? It might not be this group of fans but it might be guys like Hollywood Jr, or AO Jr, or tdawg jr, or Stradling Jr that will shit on Trout, because fans want results and have horribly short memories, and big mouths.

thats just crazy. I remember GA and vlads last year or 2 here and everybody loved them...

Where's the sarcasm button?

On 7/16/2015 at 1:54 AM, failos said:

...Because I've never seen an athlete as unanimously loved and praised like Mike Trout. Nobody has anything bad to say about, because there simply isn't anything to dislike. Trout is the least arrogant athlete I've ever seen, and he genuinely loves his fans. I guess I just find his attitude refreshing because anyone with his skills would be an arrogant asshole. Just go on his Facebook page and see how nice and humble this guy is...makes me proud to be a Halos fan.

Alex Johnson!

harkens back to Ken Griffey Jr,'s days with the Seattle Mariners when he was the face of the game and just a smiling face playing a kid's game and being better at it than everyone else.

then Griffey Jr. went (home) to Cincinnati and it seemed to all go away over night.  Hope that's not Trout's fate if leaves to go home to Philadelphia or one of the New York teams.

Trout is signed long term but Halos are going to have to be perennial contenders for the Halos to have any shot at re-signing him.

The best player in the league can only be shut out of the playoffs for so long -- he's doesn't want to be like Ernie Banks -- a true great of the game who never played a post-season game.

On July 16, 2015 at 1:54 AM, failos said:

...Because I've never seen an athlete as unanimously loved and praised like Mike Trout. Nobody has anything bad to say about, because there simply isn't anything to dislike. Trout is the least arrogant athlete I've ever seen, and he genuinely loves his fans. I guess I just find his attitude refreshing because anyone with his skills would be an arrogant asshole. Just go on his Facebook page and see how nice and humble this guy is...makes me proud to be a Halos fan.

I agree with everything you said, but I can think of another athlete who is loved and praised by everyone like trout, and you don't even need to look far.

clayton kershaw

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

The best player in the league can only be shut out of the playoffs for so long -- he's doesn't want to be like Ernie Banks -- a true great of the game who never played a post-season game.

Trout has actually played a playoff game, three actually - in 2014. He hit .083/.267/.333 in 15 PA.

15 hours ago, Mad5577 said:

I agree with everything you said, but I can think of another athlete who is loved and praised by everyone like trout, and you don't even need to look far.

clayton kershaw

Agreed. They're both cut from the same cloth.