• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Anyone Dislike Mike Trout?

...Because I've never seen an athlete as unanimously loved and praised like Mike Trout. Nobody has anything bad to say about, because there simply isn't anything to dislike. Trout is the least arrogant athlete I've ever seen, and he genuinely loves his fans. I guess I just find his attitude refreshing because anyone with his skills would be an arrogant asshole. Just go on his Facebook page and see how nice and humble this guy is...makes me proud to be a Halos fan.

...Because I've never seen an athlete as unanimously loved and praised like Mike Trout. Nobody has anything bad to say about, because there simply isn't anything to dislike. Trout is the least arrogant athlete I've ever seen, and he genuinely loves his fans. I guess I just find his attitude refreshing because anyone with his skills would be an arrogant asshole. Just go on his Facebook page and see how nice and humble this guy is...makes me proud to be a Halos fan.

Wait til a steroid rumor comes out. People will turn on him.

Even if that were to happen, fans tend to be a lot more forgiving of athletes who are not arrogant assholes. Just look at the difference in fan opinion between Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds. 

Edited by ScottLux

And yes plenty of people dislike the Trout hype machine. They aren't Angels fans. They are typically Tigers and Royals fans.

There's always gonna be fans of other teams who end up not liking him, mostly because of the media's nutswinging on him. You should have seen some of the fluff pieces that these writers threw out after the All-Star game the other day....some real cringeworthy stuff. Basically, all the Jeter fluff pieces you saw are now being made about Trout.

Fast forward 12 years when he's getting paid $35 million a year and starts his decline, people on here will hate him. Just look at how our forum talks about Weaver.

However in the media and in the sport, no, no one hates Mike. I also heard the Mason and Ireland bit yesterday, Mason wasn't complaining about Trout or hating on him. He was basically saying what bloodbrother on here says, that Trout is a bad interview. Mason said he doesn't care for the, "aw shucks" personality. They compared his interviews to Nuke Laloush interviews.

Trout's always having a laugh/chatting it up with team mates or other players pre-game. He's just not comfortable doing interviews so he sticks with the canned responses. There's plenty of personalities around MLB for Mason & Ireland to get their fix

Fast forward 12 years when he's getting paid $35 million a year and starts his decline, people on here will hate him. Just look at how our forum talks about Weaver.
However in the media and in the sport, no, no one hates Mike. I also heard the Mason and Ireland bit yesterday, Mason wasn't complaining about Trout or hating on him. He was basically saying what bloodbrother on here says, that Trout is a bad interview. Mason said he doesn't care for the, "aw shucks" personality. They compared his interviews to Nuke Laloush interviews.

I think most of the Weav stuff on here is fans who are bummed to see a once great Angel likely falling off towards the end of his career. When he does well fans seem to be stoked to see him rebound and hope that he can sustain it because they're still rooting for him. I know where you were going with this but hate was probably the wrong word.

Edited by bloodbrother