• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Anyone Dislike Mike Trout?

What's a good interview, anyways? Saying controversial things?

exactly. And it works both ways. If a guy, like trout or any other really good athlete whos not at the center of a controversy or lumping, gets asked the same shit every day, is there any original questions the reporter asks?

"How did it feel when you did the same thing weve asked you about 100 times..and dont piss anyone off with the answer"

Fast forward 12 years when he's getting paid $35 million a year and starts his decline, people on here will hate him. Just look at how our forum talks about Weaver.

However in the media and in the sport, no, no one hates Mike. I also heard the Mason and Ireland bit yesterday, Mason wasn't complaining about Trout or hating on him. He was basically saying what bloodbrother on here says, that Trout is a bad interview. Mason said he doesn't care for the, "aw shucks" personality. They compared his interviews to Nuke Laloush interviews.

Stradling, I disagree with this sentiment.  If Trout has the career that we know he's capable of and spends his entire career as an Angel, sure he'll be overpaid at the end, but I can definitely see a Jeter-like sentiment happening with Trout, just because he did things the right way with no controversies surrounding him and how he carried himself on and off the field. 

Edited by aznhockeyguy

Stradling, I disagree with this sentiment. If Trout has the career that we know he's capable of and spends his entire career as an Angel, sure he'll be overpaid at the end, but I can definitely see a Jeter-like sentiment happening with Trout, just because he did things the right way with no controversies surrounding him and how he carried himself on and off the field.

You mean like how Weaver took less money to stay with us, has a few real good seasons with us, now that his arm is shot people shit all over him? Is that the kind of sentiment you're talking about? It might not be this group of fans but it might be guys like Hollywood Jr, or AO Jr, or tdawg jr, or Stradling Jr that will shit on Trout, because fans want results and have horribly short memories, and big mouths.

You mean like how Weaver took less money to stay with us, has a few real good seasons with us, now that his arm is shot people shit all over him? Is that the kind of sentiment you're talking about? It might not be this group of fans but it might be guys like Hollywood Jr, or AO Jr, or tdawg jr, or Stradling Jr that will shit on Trout, because fans want results and have horribly short memories, and big mouths.

I don't see it. Fans, including me, can forgive when players are both highly paid and no longer performing at their former high level if that player was with the Angels during their prime, or if the player appears to emotionally invested in the team and appears to be giving their best effort.

The guys I have a problem with are guys whoappear to be phoning it in and or players who are not actually honest fans of the Angels organization. For example I strongly disliked Fernando Rodney, Scott Kazmir, Gary Matthews Jr, Mo Vaughn and Josh Hamilton.

I actually had nothing against guys Vernon Wells. Most of my frustration in those cases is directed at Scioscia for using them over better alternatives and for acquiring them in the first place

Edited by ScottLux

Trout's always having a laugh/chatting it up with team mates or other players pre-game. He's just not comfortable doing interviews so he sticks with the canned responses. There's plenty of personalities around MLB for Mason & Ireland to get their fix

Trout's canned responses are the best. Did you see his interview after winning the ASG MVP? He said something like, "Always respect the game. I always go out there and have fun. Never disrespect the game. I always play my hardest." I thought, "Damn, he's not even trying anymore."

Trout's always having a laugh/chatting it up with team mates or other players pre-game. He's just not comfortable doing interviews so he sticks with the canned responses. There's plenty of personalities around MLB for Mason & Ireland to get their fix

I think most of the Weav stuff on here is fans who are bummed to see a once great Angel likely falling off towards the end of his career. When he does well fans seem to be stoked to see him rebound and hope that he can sustain it because they're still rooting for him. I know where you were going with this but hate was probably the wrong word.

Weave was once great??

:rolleyes:

Between 2010 through 2013, Weaver went 62 - 33, 2.82 ERA 136 ERA+ 1.023 WHIP, lead the AL in K's in 2010, and Wins (20-5), WHIP and H/9 in 2012

Troll harder

Remember Soto only thinks the truly great players were great, think Koufax in his prime or that guy with the situation from Jersey Shore in his prime.

Remember Soto only thinks the truly great players were great, think Koufax in his prime or that guy with the situation from Jersey Shore in his prime.

Yes...just like Salmon's career numbers were mediocre, apparently.  If only he was yoked to gills on 'roids and was an overall D-Bag he might have got some respect from his peers.

That's absurd. Nobody is shitting over Weaver, just stating some simple facts. He is in a decline which I'd describe as alarming, clearly isn't particularly good anymore and with the pitching depth we have I wouldn't be betting my life that he will be good enough to stay in the rotation for the life of his contract. Stating those things isn't "hating someone". I, just like anyone else, will always appreciate the huge amounts Weaver has done for us and will admire him for it.

Um, excuse me?

I'll have you know that tdawg jr or "Li'l T" will know of Mike Trout's greatness from birth because he will be have been born 9 months after a Trout homer.

:rolleyes:

Between 2010 through 2013, Weaver went 62 - 33, 2.82 ERA 136 ERA+ 1.023 WHIP, lead the AL in K's in 2010, and Wins (20-5), WHIP and H/9 in 2012

Troll harder

Yeah that's pretty good. How many Cy Youngs did he win? I don't seem him as being great. Not when people were questioning Kershaw's credentials here, who is a much better pitcher.

Well of course only the truly great players were great. weaver had a few good years. Was Bryan Harvey great? Was Krod great?

I equate greatness with perhaps HOF. Neither Weaver nor the other two guys will be HOF.

Fast forward 12 years when he's getting paid $35 million a year and starts his decline, people on here will hate him. Just look at how our forum talks about Weaver.

However in the media and in the sport, no, no one hates Mike. I also heard the Mason and Ireland bit yesterday, Mason wasn't complaining about Trout or hating on him. He was basically saying what bloodbrother on here says, that Trout is a bad interview. Mason said he doesn't care for the, "aw shucks" personality. They compared his interviews to Nuke Laloush interviews.

We'll let the Yankees worry about his decline.