• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Off the field: Are the Angels now the worst organization?

Arte, it's time to stay in the background and trust your GM to run the org.

Keep your meddlesome hands off, and let the baseball people run things.

Now that we don't have a GM. I don't count Stoneman, because he's a seat warmer.

It still absolutely boggles my mind that Moreno hired Dipoto to run the organization, then he backed his field manager when there was a conflict.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I think the meddlesome owners is a common theme amongst many pro teams. The issues is the lack of success based on the expectations. Winning fixes a lot of things. I agree that these are serious issues and probably aren't getting better anytime soon.

I think the meddlesome owners is a common theme amongst many pro teams. The issues is the lack of success based on the expectations. Winning fixes a lot of things. I agree that these are serious issues and probably aren't getting better anytime soon.

Is it? Outside of Loria I can't even name any of the other MLB owners because I've never heard their names in the news (which is a good thing).

Now that we don't have a GM. I don't count Stoneman, because he's a seat warmer.

It still absolutely boggles my mind that Moreno hired Dipoto to run the organization, then he backed his field manager when there was a conflict.

He also gave 125 million to a know drug addict and then got mad when he relapsed.  He also gave Pujols 250 million as a "32" year old that had been on the decline.  He also traded for Vernon Wells etc.  How does it boggle your mind about Dipoto exactly?

The only franchise I can think of that should be worse in my opinion is Miami, just because Loria is a criminal, lied to the public and has continually showed no interest in winning and every interest is manipulating the system to maximize profit.  

Moreno at least doesn't seem to be so bent on profit as much as he is perception.  He doesn't care about the little people, location or even whether or not a specific player is performing.  He cares about what others think of the player.  He wants to create a superstar product that draws the wealthiest people from Los Angeles to games.

Some of y'all have just jumped the friggen shark. The Angels aren't running smoothly, and the bloom is certainly off of Arte's rose right now...but this franchise is in no way shape or form near the bottom of the baseball pile. Does he look to make a profit from the team? Yep...and yet he's still investing heavily in it and strives to put a winning product on the field.

The team still plays in one of the nicest ballparks in the league

The team has been pretty much a consistent winner for close to 15+ years, and while they haven't won the series during Arte's tenure they've certainly won more AL West crowns than in their history

We continuously get to see the best player in all of baseball...from the Vlad years to the Trout years...and he's signed long term

The team has every game televised...EVERY GAME...I can still remember going weeks without being able to see them play

The team won 98 friggen games last year and is probably a bat or two away from running away with the AL West

Boo ****ing who...Dipoto couldn't cut it and bowed out. Scioscia may or may not need to move on...this year will go a long way towards determining that...and Arte would be better served by staying out of baseball decisions. You know who is partially to blame for that? Dipoto. If he was the right person to be the GM for the Angels, than he would have been able to control Arte because that is what the job requires. 

Go talk to fans from teams like the A's, Mariners, Marlins, Mets, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Phillies (amongst others) and ask them how things are going.

Worst organization in baseball...laugh...HE HAD A HAT!

He also gave 125 million to a know drug addict and then got mad when he relapsed.  He also gave Pujols 250 million as a "32" year old that had been on the decline.  He also traded for Vernon Wells etc.  How does it boggle your mind about Dipoto exactly?

I suppose that it shouldn't have, given the lack of thought that went into the other decisions.

Some of y'all have just jumped the friggen shark. The Angels aren't running smoothly, and the bloom is certainly off of Arte's rose right now...but this franchise is in no way shape or form near the bottom of the baseball pile. Does he look to make a profit from the team? Yep...and yet he's still investing heavily in it and strives to put a winning product on the field.

The team still plays in one of the nicest ballparks in the league

The team has been pretty much a consistent winner for close to 15+ years, and while they haven't won the series during Arte's tenure they've certainly won more AL West crowns than in their history

We continuously get to see the best player in all of baseball...from the Vlad years to the Trout years...and he's signed long term

The team has every game televised...EVERY GAME...I can still remember going weeks without being able to see them play

The team won 98 friggen games last year and is probably a bat or two away from running away with the AL West

Boo ****ing who...Dipoto couldn't cut it and bowed out. Scioscia may or may not need to move on...this year will go a long way towards determining that...and Arte would be better served by staying out of baseball decisions. You know who is partially to blame for that? Dipoto. If he was the right person to be the GM for the Angels, than he would have been able to control Arte because that is what the job requires.

Go talk to fans from teams like the A's, Mariners, Marlins, Mets, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Phillies (amongst others) and ask them how things are going.

Worst organization in baseball...laugh...HE HAD A HAT!

Preach it Brutha!

Good article, although a bit one-sided, in my opinion. Yes, Arte is a big problem, as is Scioscia. But the Angels also have the best player in baseball and some solid pitching depth. The big problem, in my opinion, is the still weak farm system. That should be the number one priority: strengthen the farm. I really have no idea how it got so bad, but I'm thinking a couple bad drafts--namely 2010--had something to do with it.

CONS

- Megaomaniacal owner who cares only about profit/public perception

- Stubborn manager

- Thin farm system

- Terrible PR blunders over the last few months

- Albatross contracts in Pujols, Hamilton

PROS

- Best player in baseball

- Pitching depth

- Nice stadium

- Possible improvement in farm system

- Big market + wealthy owner = big budget

Overall I wouldn't say that equates with the worst, or even one of the worst, franchises in baseball. Maybe middle-of-the-pack.