• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Off the field: Are the Angels now the worst organization?

The Mets wish their organization was like the Angels.

I also like how all the Dipoto fans give him a pass on the Pujols and Hamilton signings, and choose to blame Arte. There has never been proof that Arte did this behind Dipoto's back, yet many believe this to be fact.

And wonderboy has only gotten our farm system rating to go up from 30th to 28th in his tenure. Hardly an accomplishment.

At what point did I make anything up? I simply stated that was part of his job and if he couldn't do it than he wasn't the right fit for a job. You don't have to agree with me...you'd be wrong...but you don't have to. If you think Arte is part of the problem, but the GM's job is not to manage up, then how do you propose they deal with the problem?

I don't know if he tried to talk Arte out of Hamilton (you seem to be 100% certain...so is it really me pulling things out of my arse?)...but if he disagreed with bringing Hamilton on board and wasn't able to convince Arte it was a disaster waiting to happen...then it kind of validates what I was saying. Same thing goes for Wells and Reagins.

It is kind of like any of us and our immediate supervisor. We have to be able to convince that supervisor if the one way they are proposing to do something has flaws.

Edited by Angel Oracle

And I'm 100% certain Dipoto tried to talk Arte out of signing Hamilton, since no sane person would actually be in favor of it. Or do you think Dipoto was responsible for the signing, which goes against what we've heard? You're just making things up at this point so you can pile them on Dipoto after he's already gone. Let me guess, it was also Dipoto's fault we traded for Wells because he should have been there to talk Reagins out of it?

And I'm 100% certain Dipoto tried to talk Arte out of signing Hamilton, since no sane person would actually be in favor of it. Or do you think Dipoto was responsible for the signing, which goes against what we've heard? You're just making things up at this point so you can pile them on Dipoto after he's already gone. Let me guess, it was also Dipoto's fault we traded for Wells because he should have been there to talk Reagins out of it?_

What actual proof do you have that makes you 100% certain Dipoto tried to talk Arte out of signing JH?

The Mets wish their organization was like the Angels.

I also like how all the Dipoto fans give him a pass on the Pujols and Hamilton signings, and choose to blame Arte. There has never been proof that Arte did this behind Dipoto's back, yet many believe this to be fact.

And wonderboy has only gotten our farm system rating to go up from 30th to 28th in his tenure. Hardly an accomplishment.

It is kind of hilarious how so many here think Dipoto walks on water.  It's like some sort of weird cultish groupthink.

I think the notion that the GM should be able to 'control' the owner isn't realistic.  If the owner wants to try and make something happen against the advice of their people, it's on him/her.  

Why? Maybe control is the wrong word...but if he's going to be successful and have a vision he certainly needs to be able to get the owner on board...especially as it relates to significant issues. 

Why? Maybe control is the wrong word...but if he's going to be successful and have a vision he certainly needs to be able to get the owner on board...especially as it relates to significant issues.

Especially when the GM usually knows more about the intricacies of baseball than the owner knows.

I find the OP way of framing the question ridiculous. Grading the Angels' organization without considering "on the field" is pretty pointless since "on the field" is their number one objective.

That's like asking "Except for their burgers: Is In N Out a good fast food place?" 

I haven't had their grilled cheese...but I bet it would be pretty good with the sauce.

Nuthuggers coming out of the woodwork

What the hell are you talking about? I liked Dipoto, I wish he was still here, he quit. I am pretty sure that is what most of the nuthuggers are saying. Show me how that is wrong? Oh and if I had to guess Arte was behing those two big signings, but we have had ZERO proof. Oh and as far as being the worst organization, not by a long shot, but **** this has been an ugly year and a black eye that will look a lot worse if we don't continue to play well. What I don't want is to look back at this season and say, "well of course they didn't win, look at all the turmoil surrounding the team." As someone in another thread has said, Scioscia is at his best during off the field adversity.

I respect Jerry even more because he resigned.  Seriously people, who among you would stay in a job where you were undermined and not given respect? (Especially because he is financially not hurting). 

I don't think we are the worst run team in baseball.  But, we definitely have problems in the communications and PR departments. I think Jerry was a great GM.  Mike Scioscia is what he is.  I ****ing love/hate him.  Arte...meh

I love the Angels.  Period.

I hate the way the we are being perceived.

Why does everything need to be the worst or the best? Is the author of this article a child? 

It's so painful to read because the author does zero fact checking and relies on gross conjecture. 

The author uses the same old and tired examples to prove nothing at all. Seriously–all of those examples are completely unrelated to one another and wholly irrelevant to the topic at hand. 

Try harder next time. 

Edited by failos

I respect Jerry even more because he resigned. Seriously people, who among you would stay in a job where you were undermined and not given respect? (Especially because he is financially not hurting).

I don't think we are the worst run team in baseball. But, we definitely have problems in the communications and PR departments. I think Jerry was a great GM. Mike Scioscia is what he is. I ****ing love/hate him. Arte...meh

I love the Angels. Period.

I hate the way the we are being perceived.

Hi BaseballMom - I'm not giving you a hard time, just a question... Perceived by who? The troublesome media looking for "that story" or fans?

Who really cares how the Angels are perceived. Hang a WS champion banner at the end of the year, that's all I care about.

Hi BaseballMom - I'm not giving you a hard time, just a question... Perceived by who? The troublesome media looking for "that story" or fans?

Who really cares how the Angels are perceived. Hang a WS champion banner at the end of the year, that's all I care about.

I doubt the casual fan even thinks about the GM.  I guess I am talking about how I perceive us.  I have been disappointed by the way the Angels front office has "behaved" this season.  All of the things mentioned in this article contribute to my opinion.  If the Angels hang a WS banner at the end of the year, I guess I won't care about this stupid shit.  If we don't, it will still be erased by Spring Training next year.  Don't we get a do over every year?