• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

User Actions   

Follow

steven marcus Verified account

‏@newsdaymarcus

Josh Hamilton's father-in-law Michael Chadwick said player has ``hit a bump in the road, keep him in your prayers.''

He's been hitting bumps in the road, on the coffee table, in the bathroom stall, off strippers tits, etc. etc...

This guy is a complete disaster on and off the field. He'll have some bullshit quote about God but all he does is do drugs, steal money, get injured, and then have that stupid look on his face when he strikes out. Some Christian. Rangers were very smart to take out the trash when they did

what does religion have to do with his addiction?

Sad that it has come to this stage in his career

Josh needs to help Josh. No one can force him to stop.

Best thing is for him to be gone this entire season or more to get his life together.

He was a big hole in the lineup and we have other players to fill his role, or lack of role.

I'm going to take off my Angels fan hat for a second. I'm rooting for him to eventually overcome his addiction, he has a beautiful family, and I hope he can be the husband and father they deserve.

I give him props for fessing up to MLB, and if its true that it wasn't due to a failed drug test but he was proactive about it, more respect from me.

I'm rooting for Josh hamilton the person to succeed through this.

I'm with Cals on this but worded less directly because I'm a bit of a pussy.  I get that Josh is an addict and needs help, and will struggle with this all of his life.  But ya know what?  Figure it out off of the baseball field.  Don't bring a team down while you try to get yourself together.  There are thousands and thousands of addicts who get their shit together without all of the advantages that come with being a pro baseball player making $25+ million a year.  You don't need baseball and baseball doesn't need you.  You need to figure out how to get your shit together without baseball because in a few years baseball will be done with you.  

Presumably he's been clean for several years so really there's no reason to start using again, he's just a loser. Sorry if that's harsh but it's my opinion. I'm sure he's a good guy, charitable etc. but when your job requires you to be drug free and you take drugs then you are simply a loser.

I'm with Cals on this but worded less directly because I'm a bit of a pussy.  I get that Josh is an addict and needs help, and will struggle with this all of his life.  But ya know what?  Figure it out off of the baseball field.  Don't bring a team down while you try to get yourself together.  There are thousands and thousands of addicts who get their shit together without all of the advantages that come with being a pro baseball player making $25+ million a year.  You don't need baseball and baseball doesn't need you.  You need to figure out how to get your shit together without baseball because in a few years baseball will be done with you.  

What does that even mean? Do you think these thousands and thousands of addicts quit their jobs and never return to them until they have conquered their addiction? 

If Hamilton were putting up MVP like numbers the conversation on this board would be a lot different and a lot more forgiving.

And I have a hard time believing that no one on here has an addiction. I love fast food and beer. Luckily I'm skinny and have a metabolism that allows me to get away with these vices but if someone told me you can't have a cheeseburger or beer ever again I doubt I would make it the rest of my life. I doubt I'd make it a year. 

How about everyone saying it's so easy to walk away from something you love give up watching the Angels this season and see how long you go? It's not harmful like drugs but surely there are more productive things that we could be doing with our 3.5 hours a night.

Anybody who has quit smoking (myself included) knows that it is difficult and you take it one day at a time. With the passage of time it becomes easier until at some point you are completely free of it. It's a mental game and you either win or you lose. Not a disease or some other excuse, it's all you.

Most regular people with drug addictions lose their job. They have not the resources to have 24/7 life coaches to keep them on the path. They don't have millions to invest in treatment and counseling. So, yeah, we look at Hamilton in a different light and think he should quit ****ing up his family, team and fanbase with all of the advantages he has at his disposal to not be that guy.

You won't lose your job and family over a cheeseburger and beer. You will lose them to a cheeseburger and so much beer you can't walk out of the sports bar your in. There is a difference.

What does that even mean? Do you think these thousands and thousands of addicts quit their jobs and never return to them until they have conquered their addiction? 

If Hamilton were putting up MVP like numbers the conversation on this board would be a lot different and a lot more forgiving.

And I have a hard time believing that no one on here has an addiction. I love fast food and beer. Luckily I'm skinny and have a metabolism that allows me to get away with these vices but if someone told me you can't have a cheeseburger or beer ever again I doubt I would make it the rest of my life. I doubt I'd make it a year. 

How about everyone saying it's so easy to walk away from something you love give up watching the Angels this season and see how long you go? It's not harmful like drugs but surely there are more productive things that we could be doing with our 3.5 hours a night.

I guess there's only three paths an addict can take with regards to their addiction and their job: keep up the destructive behavior and lose the job, quit the job to get treatment, or try to get treatment while still keeping the job.  Many go the first route before getting help.  If you have the money, you can take the second option.  The third option seems to be what Josh is doing but (arguably) his job performance is deeply affected by it.  The only reason Josh still has his job and is getting paid a remarkable amount of money to do it, is because of past performance and the expectation he might somehow return to that level of performance.  That's an advantage not afforded to many addicts.  I get that he voluntarily turned himself in.  That's great.  Now take the time to do what needs to be done.  Imagine the pressure on him when he returns to the game after this.  

Anybody who has quit smoking (myself included) knows that it is difficult and you take it one day at a time. With the passage of time it becomes easier until at some point you are completely free of it. It's a mental game and you either win or you lose. Not a disease or some other excuse, it's all you.

t's true man. I've quit smoking as well, and have seen family members fight through  other forms of addiction.  It's on the person being weak minded when you see someone relapse. This guy knows he needs to stay clean more than anyone else in the world yet he's still not strong enough mentally to do it. I don't feel sorry for this guy very much at all. I feel sorry for his family and that we have to deal with his baggage another 3 years. This is worse than having Wells. At least Wells wasn't an endless distraction. This guy is just a total disaster

Edited by Butcher'd