• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney to Angels for Howie Kendrick

Richard

excellent trade. like i and many others have said many times, always be the one trading for what the guy is gonna do and not what he's done.this is a great trade for both teams, to be fair.

if heaney makes his name in mlb, he's going to do it as an Angel.

We have Bedrosian and Gott, we're good! Our bullpen is deep! 

More importantly there is a Rule V Draft tomorrow that has hard throwing relievers that we could select to replace Jairo. I was interested to see what he could do but frankly virtually all relievers are replaceable in today's game.

I'm definitely going to miss Howie. He has been a class act. I feel like we will feel his void next year, but I understand the trade and love that it betters us in the years to come. All the best to Howie. The Dogs now have two players I like--Kershaw and Kendrick. Lets just keep it at that.

Best of luck Howie!

Next up....

C.J. Wilson and Grant Green for Mookie Betts, who then becomes our starting 2B and leadoff hitter.

Even with the trade for Wade Miley, the Red Sox have some SP holes to fill. Betts has a crowded OF and INF to crack in Boston.

As much as id like for them to deal Wilson, I believe its in their best interest to hold on to him for now. With Richards likely to miss a few weeks to start the year, dealing Wilson would leave them with Weaver, Shoe and a bunch of guys with upside, but no real success in the majors come opening day. I say hold on to Wilson,hope for the best and if he figures it out and the kids are dealing in the minors explore a trade at the deadline.

Edited by The Dude

As much as id like for them to deal Wilson, I believe its in their best interest to hold on to him for now. With Richards like to miss a few weeks to start the year, dealing Wilson would leave them with Weaver, Shoe and a bunch of guys with upside, but no real success in the majors come opening day. I say hold on to Wilson,hope for the best and if he figures it out and the kids are dealing in the minors explore a trade at the deadline.

The problem with that is that it means sending the guys with upside to pitch in a stadium 4,200ft+ above sea level.

As funny as people being stoked about getting a starting pitching prospect.  

Not as funny as people that are excited about Grant Green getting a shot.  

I think you should see how the 2015 plays out before you continue your disgust with the trade.

Green may very well surprise -- or Dipoto has something up his sleeve still. I mean, we do need a leadoff hitter. 

All depends....

I believe Green can post HK's doubles, HR totals and hit .270-.290 if given the playing time he deserves. 

The big difference to me is going to be the difference in defense. Howie has been an exceptional 2B the past few years for us. Green is a question mark at the position, though he has seen a lot of time there in the minors. 

I really wouldn't mind seeing the Angels pursue the Korean SS that is said to be posted any day (Jung-Ho Kang).    He's supposedly a decent bat and defensively he can't be as awful of Grant Green.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I think you should see how the 2015 plays out before you continue your disgust with the trade.

Green may very well surprise -- or Dipoto has something up his sleeve still. I mean, we do need a leadoff hitter. 

I'm not disgusted with the trade.   Like the Trumbo trade thread, I feel that one shouldn't wait, though. Hindsight makes things pretty easy sometimes. Even then, some still think Adam Kennedy was worth Jim Edmonds.

Any player could surprise. Green isn't any different in that regard.  I don't think his defense is as good as Howie's, and, although he's hit well in the minors, he didn't hit like Howie did... and Howie hit better when he first got to the majors.  Face it, it is a downgrade.  Sure, there's a chance it isn't, or isn't much of one.  Howie is due to regress some.  There's also a chance I get hit by a bus tomorrow and become rich by calling Larry H Parker.  There's a chance I call a 5x preflop raise with 3 8 offsuit and crack Aces.  

Like I said, I hope they do something else.  It is all about that for me... because this isn't an organization that should be giving away wins next year for possible wins in the future.  As of now, that's what they've done.  

Angels got stronger long term with this deal. Dipoto stockpiling young controlled arms. Howie is a class act but I think it was time to get what we could for him, being in the last year of his contract. Prospects are a crap shoot but the potential is there for this deal to pay off nicely. I feel like we're in a good position heading into 2015. Can't wait to see what JD has up his sleeve next...

The problem with that is that it means sending the guys with upside to pitch in a stadium 4,200ft+ above sea level.

I agree, its not an ideal situation. The way I see it though, its better to have the option to call up one of those guys if Wilson doesn't get his act together, than to force them into roles they might not be ready for.