• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney to Angels for Howie Kendrick

Richard

I really dislike the fact that Howie will be playing for the Dodgers.  That said I wish him the best (not his new team, just him) and think the Angels got a nice return.

Best case scenario:

Howie hits over .300 and the Dodgers fall flat on their face around him, are out of it by the trade deadline and they ship him somewhere less detestable. Let's say, the North Side of Chicago.

I wonder how they will do that. I think offense is the new "left handed starter", in the sense that it is a hot commodity that is hard to come by. I don't see anyone of real value left on the market, unless they are going to try and go for a guy like Morse and have him do what we hope Cron will do. I think what it will come down to is can Freese, and Hamilton out produce what they did last season.

Not sure if I like losing Jairo Diaz.  Isn't he the guy that was throwing over 100 in September?

Also who the hell is Featherston that we supposedly got in the rule 5 draft?

Diaz didn't mean a damn thing to us, and he's only a reliever. We'll survive.

Featherston is a MIF. Young with plenty of upside. Try this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Taylor+Featherston+

We got TWO decent players for Conger..what?

Can somebody give me more info on this? What is that pitcher we acquired for Conger's peripherals/projection?

I am still puzzled on how that happened!

So this winter:

We got two starting pitchers, a middle infielder, and a catcher for:  Conger, Diaz, and one year of Kendrick.

Add two more starting pitchers last year for Trumbo.  Dipoto has turned into a stud!

To be clear: I think it's a smart move.

That said, it's risky. Howie Kendrick is criminally underrated here and across the league.

The Angels just got significantly worse for 2015. But with a much higher ceiling in the following years.

Keep in mind we now have 18 million to play with.  We just might get us a left handed power hitter and would make the loss of Howie sting a lot less.

I am still puzzled on how that happened!

So this winter:

We got two starting pitchers, a middle infielder, and a catcher for:  Conger, Diaz, and one year of Kendrick.

Add two more starting pitchers last year for Trumbo.  Dipoto has turned into a stud!

When you look at it like that, he's done a really good job of maximizing the return.

Why not pursue Headley and then flip Freese for a useful piece. Headley would vastly improve the defense and offer a left-handed bat. Freese might net us back a decent left-handed DH type.

The Angels acquired Freese for Bourjous (yes, other people involved in deal, but that was primarily it). With one less year of controllable time and now eligible for arbitration I doubt the Angels could get a Bourjous back for him, much less a usable piece.

Excited about the future and hope they don't turn around and blow this savings on someone right away (Scherzer).

Now that Howie is gone I wonder if this means the Angels may be more serious about Moncada and can put Baldoquin at 2B? Maybe the plan all along?

We do have 18 million to play with.  I say go for it!