• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney to Angels for Howie Kendrick

Richard

Howie has been on the block for some time now.

This whole thing is really an issue of semantics.

What does "on the block" mean? Does it mean actively calling other teams and saying "do you want this guy?" Or does it mean "we will listen to offers for this guy"?

It's not the former, but it's definitely the latter.

If the Angels just wanted to unload Kendrick because they had a better young player or needed to cut the salary, they would have traded him a long time ago.

But when a team calls and offers you 6 years of a starting pitcher who has a chance to be a no 2 in exchange for one year of Kendrick, you have to do it.

I am pretty sure Dipoto wasnt saying "whew we unloaded Howie!" But "well this is too good to pass up. We have to bite the short term bullet and move Howie."

But when a team calls and offers you 6 years of a starting pitcher who has a chance to be a no 2 in exchange for one year of Kendrick, you have to do it.

I am pretty sure Dipoto wasnt saying "whew we unloaded Howie!" But "well this is too good to pass up. We have to bite the short term bullet and move Howie."

Agree. That is probably how it went down.

I still stand by it being something presented to Dipoto. At the same time, the dip and loss of value isn't that great at second base to where this really becomes a no brainer.

Honestly, I'm still shocked at what they got for Howie. Howie is solid, but 31 and one year left for an orgs top prospect is pretty nuts.

I think it also made sense for the dodgers, though.

They already have a lot of SP depth and have been focusing on improving their defense all offseason.

Just by trading Kemp and letting Hanley walk they improved their defense tremendously. 

Kendrick is one of the best out there.

Jimmy Rollins is still solid defensively.

Their pitching was very good last year, but I think it will be even better now that they have a competent to above average defense.

I don't like the dodgers, but I love what Andrew Friedman is doing.

The Marlins are the ones who royally ****ed up. Gordon just isn't any good.

Edited by Poozy

Next up....

C.J. Wilson and Grant Green for Mookie Betts, who then becomes our starting 2B and leadoff hitter. 

Even with the trade for Wade Miley, the Red Sox have some SP holes to fill. Betts has a crowded OF and INF to crack in Boston.

Just read this one, but there's no way the Sox give up Betts for 2 years of Wilson and Grant Green.  

But I think a Betts for Newcomb and McGowin could work, or Wilson (plus 20 million), Yarbrough and Gatto.  

The dodgers have a great feont end ataff, but the back end is pretty mediocre. And lee doesnt look like hes progressing as much as they hoped (to this point).

I wonder if theyre trying to cut aome payroll knowing that grienke is going to opt out?

I hope you just fat-fingered this on your phone and you have autocorrect turned off...