• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrew Heaney to Angels for Howie Kendrick

Richard

Richards

Shoemaker

Skaggs

Santiago

Tropeano

Heaney

Newcomb

don't we have a couple more SP guys? who was that guy we traded romine for again? 

what do you project each player? if richards is a 1 and heaney is a 2

Jose Alvarez. Injured most of last year though unfortunately

Richards

Shoemaker

Skaggs

Santiago

Tropeano

Heaney

Newcomb

don't we have a couple more SP guys? who was that guy we traded romine for again? 

what do you project each player? if richards is a 1 and heaney is a 2

They traded Romine for Jose Alvarez

Rasmus is also another young arm under club control...though you'd think they leave him as a reliever now considering the additions of Heaney/Tropeano to the rotation depth

My head is spinning with all the directions this thing could go. Do we start Green at 2b and go after one of the big pitchers? That freed up payroll is gotta be used somewhere, and I wouldn't be surprised if we did it.

Like I posted in the off-season thread, Angels might be going for Rutledge now.

I remember when HK was at his first Angels fan fest.  He was great with the fans and would remain that way.  I'm a little worried about replacing the shorthand HK and Ghostface (finally) developed on defense but that's fixable.

For now, the number one concern is, how Jose Mota will pronounce "Heaney."

My guess is "AAAA-neeeee."

Conspiracy theory: Angels didn't want to trade CJ because 1) they didn't wanna consume any of his contract to stay under the threshold if they added someone big and 2) they didn't have a clear replacement for CJ in case they did flip him and landed nobody. We have the replacement and now there's suddenly $18 million worth of breathing room, now you can consume some of CJ's contract, flip him, and sign somebody. I think this is a precursor to Scherzer. End of conspiracy theory. 

Edited by nikkachez

Conspiracy theory: Angels didn't want to trade CJ because A) they didn't wanna consume any of his contract to stay under the threshold if they added someone big and B) they didn't have a clear replacement for CJ in case they did flip him and landed nobody. We have the replacement and now there's suddenly $18 million worth of breathing room, now you can consume some of CJ's contract, flip him, and sign somebody. I think this is a precursor to Scherzer. End of conspiracy theory. 

Twas Boras' plan all along.