• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

CS was the one that got real crazy.  I was in a CS clan that was fun up until the update that came out which was I think officially version 1 as prior to that it was in beta and had smaller updates over the months.  I think that's when they changed the M4A1 carbine and had some big changes.  Anyways almost overnight it went from something you could play pretty casually to having teams all over the world who did nothing but practice and play in tournaments.  I knew a few people who were in clans like that here and they played pretty much every waking moment.

I saw a commercial recently I think for spike TV where they're going to show CS tourneys with prizes of up to like 1M or something crazy like that.  Amazing how much it's changed over the years because when TFC/CS first started out the first so many years organizing tourneys was mostly done by the players and people involved with the leagues.  It's not necessarily surprising as that's the evolution of things but it went from grass roots to corporate sponsorship and still trips me out.    

I was badly addicted to CS Condition Zero for years. First clan I got involved with was Happyland that was a pretty good server to hook up with. Then it was a series of clan servers that slowly died off but still had refugees from previous servers. We had one server that was running a trio of Dust2, Aztec and one other, I can't remember but it was non stop with the same group each night until about 3AM. There were gun restrictions like no autos, AWPS or shields, wish there was one for flashbangs, I spent many a game blinded 15 seconds out of spawn until dead.

I was pretty good on Aztec as CT if I could just get out of spawn quick enough with a smoke grenade. Did ok on Dust2 as CT camping boxes in A but never was that good to be a tourney player. As the game got older my friends list would say Chaser offline 128 days, AkuPolishFreak offline 220 days. Then you would see them for a week and they would disappear again. The last time I played was about 2 years ago. It was a good game.

2 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

I just read somewhere that they are remastering Skyrim for the PS4 and Xbox One. That's pretty cool.

PC too.  Free upgrade for PC users that have already purchased the base game and the DLCs. With already existing mods not sure what the difference would be but no point complaining either lol

50 minutes ago, Thomas said:

PC too.  Free upgrade for PC users that have already purchased the base game and the DLCs. With already existing mods not sure what the difference would be but no point complaining either lol

Since I only played on the Xbox, how exactly do the mods work? Does the the developer make and sell them? The new Skyrim on console will have the mods this time. Sorry for my ignorance but I've never been a PC gamer

Eh, haven't much researched than read other's posts. Looks like the new FIFA has a cool "story mode" but looks like you just control one random dude. Sounds like some NBA2k game did something that was a huge success, but not create-a-player. Might hold off on this one, with sports games in general, I'm tired of buying the same shit with updated rosters and one or two changes, but it's the same game.

But the FIFA soundtrack is the best in video games, generally.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:25 PM, Blarg said:

I was badly addicted to CS Condition Zero for years. First clan I got involved with was Happyland that was a pretty good server to hook up with. Then it was a series of clan servers that slowly died off but still had refugees from previous servers. We had one server that was running a trio of Dust2, Aztec and one other, I can't remember but it was non stop with the same group each night until about 3AM. There were gun restrictions like no autos, AWPS or shields, wish there was one for flashbangs, I spent many a game blinded 15 seconds out of spawn until dead.

I was pretty good on Aztec as CT if I could just get out of spawn quick enough with a smoke grenade. Did ok on Dust2 as CT camping boxes in A but never was that good to be a tourney player. As the game got older my friends list would say Chaser offline 128 days, AkuPolishFreak offline 220 days. Then you would see them for a week and they would disappear again. The last time I played was about 2 years ago. It was a good game.

Even just seeing the names Aztec and Dust2 brings back memories.  In case any of you are interested or bored enough TBS is the station playing the ELeague Counter-strike:GO on television on Friday nights and each season there's a 1.4M prize up for grabs.  I caught a bit of it a few weeks ago while channel surfing and it made me want to play but then I realized I'd go through all the trouble to install then get annihilated by some 12 year old who likely yells out racist remarks over voice comms.  

Currently playing NHL 16: got Hampus Lindholm to score 102 goals in a season shattering Gretzky's record as well as winning the Art Ross, Norris, Hart & Rocket trophy with him. I usually have Getzlaf pass to Lindholm, then skate to the left & fire a wrist shot at the top left corner of goal, as well as slapshots too. Scoring so many points with him caused his player ratings to go way up lol.

Traded away Fowler, Andersen, Montour & Nattinen & others in order to acquire a ton of 1st round picks & then traded those picks for higher 1st round picks by adding future picks & players in the trade & ended up drafting Juolevi, Chychrun, Tkachuk, Laine, Puljujarvi, Logan Brown lol. My D pairings are Lindholm/Vatanen, Theodore/Juolevi, Larson/Chychrun.

Have a top line featuring Laine/Getzlaf/Perry which absolutely destroys other teams with their hitting ability, 6'4 Laine, 6'4 Getzlaf & 6'3 Perry on the same line is quite awesome. In my franchise mode I saw that Thornton & Marleau retired after 2016-17 season & Sharks went into a rebuild.

• 3 weeks later...

DOOM... Single Player is awesome. Right up there with Wolfenstein the new order, but with less story and more action.

CS:GO.... I'm actually holding my own in competitive play even though I only have 25 hours of total game time. I'm not even ranked yet and I've been going head to head against players who have hundreds of hours played. 

On 7/5/2016 at 0:54 PM, Thomas said:

Red Dead Redemption being added to the Xbox One compatibility list on Friday.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/5/12099486/red-dead-redemption-backwards-compatible-xbox-one

Good news!  Still waiting on Mass Effect 2 and 3 to get backwards compatibility but will take longer considering its two-disc setup

They released the Handsome Jack Borderlands complete set remastered  for PS4 for $14.99 on the Playstation store. I have a friend at work that never played it and wanted to know if it was worth it. I told him I would download and partner with him even though I already ran through the game about 6 times making different players. We just need to survive the next three weeks at work before we will have any play time. 

Limited time available at that price if anyone is interested. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2016 at 11:44 AM, Richard said:

E3 Week

Microsoft just wrapped unveiling a new Xbox ONE S that is 40% smaller than the current Xbox One and announced a 4K native console *Edit that will support all Xbox one titles* due to release for Holiday 2017.

xboxones.jpg

just to clarify, do you mean it will play all xbox titles? as in backward compat for 360? i have an old 360 i havent tyrned on in about 6 years, but it would be cool of i ever got a new system to play the old games (being that selling them would get me a bag of chips at best).

i wish the ps4 could play old games

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

just to clarify, do you mean it will play all xbox titles? as in backward compat for 360? i have an old 360 i havent tyrned on in about 6 years, but it would be cool of i ever got a new system to play the old games (being that selling them would get me a bag of chips at best).

i wish the ps4 could play old games

Here is the complete list and it's still growing. When they will stop making game compatible for the emulation on the XBone is anyone's guess.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

As the XBOne (and the PS4) are running the same architecture as PC most likely all generation going forward will be compatible. Microsoft is desperately trying to create a Apple iOS type infrastructure where they get a share of all apps and games sold for their OS. The lines will blur between the Xbox and PC and likely you'll just play the digital game you bought on either if it's powerful enough. Game X will be compatible on a certain console and up and PCs that meet the requirements. There are already rumors of Microsoft finding ways of making Steam not work on Windows.

man, i hate steam. the only game ive ever been addicted to (besides nba 2k now) was an old rts called company of heroes. played it for years. rhen i had to get a new computer (rhe new windows is buggy with it), and it wont let me play offline. which sicks because i bought a used surface to play it when i fly long distance. and the mods i liked arent on steam, so i basically have to play the steam version even though i have the cd. made me lose interest