• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

Had to move my desk for new carpeting and forgot how many games were stored on a lower shelf under it. The dust layer was like uncovering a mummies tomb. I found the entire FEAR series, Half Life, Counter Strike, Mass Effect, Doom 3, Mech Warrior, etc... I have no idea what to do with them, most are so old they won't boot on windows 10 because the files system is so different from XP and without some tweaking of the processor to run slow enough they are messed up.

Anyone here who uses a PC had any of the "your rendering device has been lost" or the wattman issues with their video card?  I got my new computer at the end of December and it came completely set up with a Radeon RX 480.  I got Overwatch about a week after that and played it for a month with 0 issues.  There's been maybe 5 Overwatch updates that you are required to download and like an idiot when I got a Radeon notice that said there were new drivers I installed them.  Since then I've had nothing but problems getting the "your rendering device has been lost,"  wattman errors or my screen freezes mid game while turning some awful color and making some random sound that infers it froze.  Wattman apparently allows you  to overclock your video card among other things and I've done none of that nor have I tweaked any settings.  I rolled back the drivers to the version before they added wattman and can avoid that crash but as of last night I still have crashing issues or even when it doesn't crash I have flickering issues.  There was a youtube fix that I followed last night for the rendering device lost issue.  After I did followed the steps my computer didn't crash but it still flickered mid-game and almost seemed like it was going to do the full crash once but somehow avoided it.  Based on my searches at least I'm not the only lucky winner as it seems like a lot of people with AMD cards have had these issues going back to last year.

• Chuck pinned this topic

I got 2 free video game rentals from Red Box the last 2 weekends so I rented and bear Black Ops 3 and then rented and beat For Honor.  Story was odd in BLOPS 3 but still a cool game. For Honor is a great game.  I just finished Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and will next finish up Call of Duty Ghosts and then not sure what I am playing next.  I have Zelda Breath of the Wild special edition for Switch pre-ordered but did not pre-order a Switch yet so I might have to wait to play it.  I might play Super Mario RPG when I get done with Ghosts since I never did play it back in the day. 

21 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I got 2 free video game rentals from Red Box the last 2 weekends so I rented and bear Black Ops 3 and then rented and beat For Honor.  Story was odd in BLOPS 3 but still a cool game. For Honor is a great game.  I just finished Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and will next finish up Call of Duty Ghosts and then not sure what I am playing next.  I have Zelda Breath of the Wild special edition for Switch pre-ordered but did not pre-order a Switch yet so I might have to wait to play it.  I might play Super Mario RPG when I get done with Ghosts since I never did play it back in the day. 

If you're on Xbox they are giving Evolve away free next month. I haven't played it but I heard it's pretty good. I'm interested in Ghost Recon Wildlands that comes out in a couple weeks

Oh I misunderstood you.  I thought you actually meant free. I don't have a gold subscription.  Lost Odyssey was a free game you keep forever, no gold needed.  I never understood why I need to pay extra to unlock content already on the disc as regards to online multiplayer. PS3 has free online.  PC has always been free.  Nintendo has been free too but now are getting into the paid sub thing too in the fall.  I bought the console.  I bought the game.  Now I have to pay even more to play the game online?  No thanks.

NES was my second console.  Nintendo is the best developer in the world.  Their games are always very highly rated.  Not sure how any video game fan couldn't be into them.  Maybe because they don't make M rated games???  Not enough blood and guys for some people?  Switch is definitely overpriced by $50.  At $299, it should come with a game like 1,2 Switch or have more storage or power in the dock.   It has some negatives but mostly every site is raving about it so I will go ahead and get one tomorrow.  Plus, I want to play the definitive version of Zelda(my favorite video game franchise) and that's gonna happen on Switch.  

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

NES was my second console.  Nintendo is the best developer in the world.  Their games are always very highly rated.  Not sure how any video game fan couldn't be into them.  Maybe because they don't make M rated games???  Not enough blood and guys for some people?  Switch is definitely overpriced by $50.  At $299, it should come with a game like 1,2 Switch or have more storage or power in the dock.   It has some negatives but mostly every site is raving about it so I will go ahead and get one tomorrow.  Plus, I want to play the definitive version of Zelda(my favorite video game franchise) and that's gonna happen on Switch.  

I just never found Mario, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, etc that interesting.  I had the NES and SNES as a kid and had a blast in the 80s.  Even had the GameCube, Wii, and their handheld units but Playstation, PC and XBox games just appealed to me more. Wii felt like a gimmick and there wasn't enough interesting games to avert the disaster that was the WiiU launch.  With the Switch launch, they definitely are getting off the right foot with Zelda while they mitigate it's hardware limitations in relation to its competition.  

5 minutes ago, cezero said:

big witcher fan here, and i just downloaded the gwent closed beta. can't wait to play. 

i'm probably going to get a twitch just as soon as it's in stock anywhere again.

I got a gwent beta invite and had no idea what it was. I probably shouldn't have deleted it

On 3/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, beatlesrule said:

you sick fuck

19 hours ago, cezero said:

i'm pretty sure it's just the card game gwent but beefed up so it's more like other big card games, like magic (which I loathe), but i really liked that part of the game for the witcher. 

It's just one step above mimes 

Last Friday I came home after a real long day and decided to fire up Destiny one more time, I saw I had an update file downloaded and would see if it was new content. 

So I click on Destiny and wait and the popup says I have to download an update file before I could launch so I clicked on it to download figuring it was a small configuration file but no, it was an 8+ hour package. 

So yesterday afternoon I finally get back to it and after launching and selecting a character I check and the map has a new location and I'm thinking, cool more content. Try to go to it and I get a notice I have to purchase it. 

Assholes, why suck up my hard drive and make the game unaccessible for a day to just to drop a bill to play more? Wouldn't the sensible option to be ask if you want that content and have the option to decline? 

On 1/27/2017 at 8:53 AM, mulwin444 said:

New "Mass Effect: Andromeda" trailer with in-engine footage is out now if you have an interest in the release/franchise.  Also, if you want to learn more about the game go to:

www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative

So far, there are 4 intelligence briefings up with a total of 6 to be released (likely brief #5 comes out around Feb 20th-ish and the final briefing probably comes out around the games release date of 03/21/2017).  If you view all the briefings while signed in to your XBox, PS4, or Origins account ID through the website, you can earn a special edition Pathfinder Helmet for free which will download at launch time.  IAnother bonus is if you have EA Access through XBox Live or Origin, you can get access to the game 5 days early and play 10 hours that will transfer to the game at launch time.  Also, the EA Access give you 10% off the purchase of the digital edition.

All 6 intelligence briefings are up as of today if you have an interest in earning some free gear prior to launch.

I'm dying to get the switch. They are pretty much impossible to find right now, but I actually found that they have some (at least they did yesterday) at the Amazon Books store in San Diego.

Was going to get one but the wife shot it down since it's an unnecessary spend (she's probably right, but Zelda).

8 hours ago, Punk said:

Pre-ordered the Hall of Fame edition for MLB The Show 17. I took a break from RTTS and was only playing Diamond Dynasty, but this years RTTS looks legit.

I pre-ordered the MVP edition.  Do you watch the live Twitch shows?  They give away a bunch of stuff and you can ask the devs questions.  The next one is tomorrow at 2.

Yes, BOTW is like crack. Keep in mind, it's also on Wii U so if you won't be getting a Switch for awhile, I suggest getting it there. If you own one that is.  Thank God I'm not married. No way in hell I would let a woman tell me what I can and can't buy.