• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

i kind of want to get a curved tv for my office, which is where I'm going to set up my xbox when i pick one up.

anyone tried one, are they fun for games?

seems goofy for main tv, but could be fun for gaming.

Actually they are pretty awesome for a main tv too.  I am set to get one once they make it one more generation to get the kinks worked out.  Have a friend with a 60 inch Samsung curved tv and I thought it would be gimmicky but it actually is really awesome.

Actually they are pretty awesome for a main tv too.  I am set to get one once they make it one more generation to get the kinks worked out.  Have a friend with a 60 inch Samsung curved tv and I thought it would be gimmicky but it actually is really awesome.

sweet!

i thought they would be gimmicky too. 

my main tv is one of those crazy 65" zt60 plasmas that they only made a handful of, so that's not going anywhere.

but i can f*ck around with my master bedroom sitting area or the office.

still don't have an xbox though so I'm getting ahead of myself here.

love the vts!

i am going to keep the zt as my main one until the oleds come around.

im not sure i even want to bother with a 4k just for an office or sitting room.

i just need something i can watch sports while i work or play the occasional game of halo or hockey.

the thinness of led TVs these days though is wild. i have a 60" kuro sitting here that i adore (was my main tv before the zt), and the picture is just so gorgeous, but man it weights a ton i don't know if i want to put it up.

can get a new led tv for less than a g and they weigh nothing.

Edited by mrwicked

The 60" vt60 I have is great, the only down side is just being plasma dealing with burn in gets annoying.  For the most part it is never a problem but remembering not to leave it paused and walk away for an hour or leave a dvd on the menu screen etc.

A good 4k 60"+ oled costs $3-4k.  I think the vt60 was only $2500.  The weight advantage is really nice, plus those oleds use hardly any power, which is appealing since I have had to beef up the breaker where I have my tv and the rest of my electronics plugged in.

For my office I have a crappy Samsung 40 inch 120hz LCD mounted on the wall.  It does what I need though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nate lobbing this one your way. i have a ps4. i only have sports games (nhl and the show). i'm not one for first person shooters. is there any game someone can recommend, like maybe a zelda type?

The Witcher 3 is supposed to be really good.  It is an action rpg type game.

The Last of Us is also supposed to be one of the best console games made in the last decade.  It is more of an apocalypse/survival horror type game.

Edited by nate

I was looking for The Last of Us the other day and think I sold it/traded it in. Game play got a bit tedious, but I should have stuck with it and finished. I'll have to see if I can pick it back up on the cheap.

Picked up UFC 2, never played the first one. Good looking game, but pretty tough to learn all the controls and everyone seems to be having trouble with the ground game. In career mode it just gets super hard out of the blue, like the character progresses too fast. It too gets mundane as it's essentially fight, train, fight, train, etc. Was hoping for a bit more in career mode, but am intrigued with the challenge as it's not a button mashing game.

Debating on getting the first Hitman episode for $15. Because of the format change with it being episodic, I am waiting for more reviews, but it seems to be pretty solid and more like the Hitman games everyone used to like.

I'm obviously in the minority, but I cannot get into Fallout 4.  Like at all.  Can't even make myself keep going to see if it gets better.

I finished Arkham Knight a couple months back, and I agree.  Those games are really fun.  I get to keep going back and helping my younger son through the hard parts.

I enjoy the online for GTA 5 when I can do heist/contact mission with competent players.  However, the load times, connection issues make it really hard to keep at it.  I don't have the time to game regularly, but just popping in for a while with randoms is an exercise in frustration.

Really looking forward to the upcoming Nathan Drake game.  Beat all of the others, and this one is supposed to be incredible.

I rarely mess with randoms in GTA 5. I'm at a level with enough money that I now look to help others, so i'll work with rookies or help out if they have a mic, but **** wasting time trying to repeat heists/missions non-stop because they are incompetent. I think it's a trip the game came out three years ago and it's still going strong and a hell of a lot of fun. The key is to get a good group or constants you can play with, it's more fun that way.

Now that Hitman is out, the only thing I'm looking forward to is Uncharted, as well, and I came across something that Mafia 3 is coming out this year. I'm not quite the gamer and am not into the first person shooter types that are flooding the market. 

I found a fun group to play with.  But they are in England. The times I get to play are so random these days that it is hard to find people who are on with any kind of consistency. 

I know I posted it a few years ago, but I play on PS3 still.  I am pitpenfan if anyone wants to add.  Also pitpenfan on PS4.  Just don't expect me to be on much. 

My wife finally did the right thing and bought me an XBOX One for Christmas. Right now I am playing both the Elder Scrolls Online and Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Both games are really fun but it's hard for me to stop playing ESO. There are a few bugs with it but it still has more gameplay than I know what to do with.

nate lobbing this one your way. i have a ps4. i only have sports games (nhl and the show). i'm not one for first person shooters. is there any game someone can recommend, like maybe a zelda type?

If you are into RPG's, Dragon Age Inquisition is fun and immersive.  You can get the "Game of the Year" edition for with all three DLCs plus extras for either PS4 and XBox One for under $40.

Witcher 3 is also solid...got the season's pass after I finished the core game and am waiting for the final expansion "Blood and Wine" to be released this year.  I would definitely recommend picking it up if you like open world RPG's that can take in excess of 100 HRs if you really explore its areas.

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of updates:

"Blood and Wine", the last expansion of The Witcher 3, is due out May 31st.  The first expansion, "Hearts of Stone", was pretty damn impressive and the game itself is a classic.  If you haven't already gotten the game, I believe you can still get bundled packages through playstation store/XBox store.  CDProjekt Red's stuff is top notch and i'm looking forward to their next game, Cyberpunk 2077, which is currently still in early development.

"Far Harbor", the first big DLC for Fallout 4, is coming out May 19th.  The first two smaller DLCs, "Automatron" and "Wasteland Workshop", were kind of 'meh' but not bad.  This is supposed to be good sized DLC that expands the wasteland into Maine.

Finally, the next addition of the Mass Effect series, "Mass Effect: Andromeda" has been pushed back a quarter into early '17 done, it appears, to balance out the release and quarter revenue estimates for EA...er, I mean, to give BioWare more time to develop the game.

Edited by mulwin444