• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

7 hours ago, cezero said:

I just watched the little bit of gameplay footage available for Andromeda. 

It looks stunning. 

I might end up getting 2 and 3 to play over winter break. 

If you're going to buy 2 and 3 you might as well end up buying 1. The entire trilogy is such that, a trilogy. Would you want to watch Empire and Jedi without wanting to watch A New Hope?

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

If you're going to buy 2 and 3 you might as well end up buying 1. The entire trilogy is such that, a trilogy. Would you want to watch Empire and Jedi without wanting to watch A New Hope?

Pretty much this...plus, if you get the first game, they give the huge DLC "Bringing Down the Sky" for free

Finished Uncharted 4 yesterday.  Was near the end for a good while, and stopped playing it.  Finally finished.

I enjoyed all of the Uncharted games, but I think they just got too formulaic for my taste.  4 was absolutely beautiful, and still an enjoyable story, but the gameplay felt "been there, done that".  Everything prompted, little freedom for freelancing.

I'm with you.  Nothing exciting to me, I really haven't played anything at all for months.  I tired of gtav after trying heists with randoms.

I popped in red dead recently to play again ahead of 2, but my copy is worn out and just glitches after a few minutes.  I heard rumors they may address the multiplayer, but probably bs.  I'll have to pick up a greatest hits one and mess with it for a while.  That was the one multiplayer I was pretty solid at, so I'm probably irrationally elevating it.

i'm actually surprised with gta 5. i've never came close to playing a game as long as i have that one....three years is pretty wild, and they just kept updating online with free shit. it was great. but yeah, i'm kind of worn out on it as well. i haven't really been into the last couple of updates and didn't even really mess with the biker update. i'm really hoping red dead gets the same longevity because gta 5 was the best $60 i've ever spent.

mafia 3 seems to be picking up a bit, but it's like hitman to me (speaking of which, i bought the whole hitman game but haven't played since the second episode release).

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone played battlefield 1? guys at work are all over it. it looks pretty badass, but i know ill buy it and not play it after the first night. looks great though.

I read they are re-releasing COD modern warfare with current gen graphics...that might get me to buy. great game back in the day

It came with the legendary edition of Infinate Warfare. I've been playing it at it brings back a lot of memories. 

4 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

Bought FC:Primal and AC: Syndicate for $15 each yesterday.

Primal has been awesome so far. So different than the last two games.

Far Cry 3 was the only one I played. I really liked that weapons found had a certain condition and wore out after so much use. Do the later ones have the same thing?

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, Jason said:

Far Cry 3 was the only one I played. I really liked that weapons found had a certain condition and wore out after so much use. Do the later ones have the same thing?

FC4 does not have that. Primal though since you are basically a cave man it stays very true to the hunter/gatherer aspect of life. If you throw spears and don't pick them up you have to build more, same goes with arrows. So you are constantly cutting wood and hunting out of necessity of the game. I like it a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got a new computer replacing my desktop that was almost 10 years old. Obviously the speed/capabilities are night and day compared to my old system which was on it's last legs and I added dual 27" monitors.  I installed some games I've played through Steam over the years - HL, HL2, TFC, TF2, CS Source, DOD Source and wanted to see if anyone has any FPS type recommendations?  I like RPG's as well having last played the Dragon Age series and will gladly take RPG recommendations.  I tried Skryim and wasn't too big on it as I still prefer more of the FF style of RPG.  I have a windows gift card I can use but unfortunately it only works for things I can download which has prevented me from getting Overwatch which I'd like to try at some point.  No idea how much I'll end up gaming so if you have suggestions that are older I'm open to those as well since they will save me some money.

Thanks.    

Since you made it through the DA series but not so much Skyrim I'm guessing you like the narrative. Witcher 3 is Skyrim with tons of narrative not to mention a nice toy to show off your new machine. Get the GOTY version.

FPS side besides Overwatch definitely Doom and if on sale Battleborn might be worth a try.  I haven't had a chance to try the latter yet but it got swallowed up pretty badly by Overwatch. Some though like it more than Overwatch.

30 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

So I got a new computer replacing my desktop that was almost 10 years old. Obviously the speed/capabilities are night and day compared to my old system which was on it's last legs and I added dual 27" monitors.  I installed some games I've played through Steam over the years - HL, HL2, TFC, TF2, CS Source, DOD Source and wanted to see if anyone has any FPS type recommendations?  I like RPG's as well having last played the Dragon Age series and will gladly take RPG recommendations.  I tried Skryim and wasn't too big on it as I still prefer more of the FF style of RPG.  I have a windows gift card I can use but unfortunately it only works for things I can download which has prevented me from getting Overwatch which I'd like to try at some point.  No idea how much I'll end up gaming so if you have suggestions that are older I'm open to those as well since they will save me some money.

Thanks.    

Don't know if you've ever played the Mass Effect series but it was created by the same company that did the Dragon Age series - BioWare - and it has similar sensibilities.  In fact, I would say its may favorite game series all around and continue to revisit it even to this day including their excellent DLC.  

Agree with @Thomas on the Witcher 3....it has the Skyrim openness but the narrative is tighter and I prefer the games combat mechanics.  I just could never get into Skyrim and never finished the game despite having the full edition.   I played and completed Witcher 3, along with the DLCs, and it was easily my favorite game from 2015.  The new Game of the Year Edition is a hell of a deal.