• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

Finished Fallout 4, started Arkham Knight. My god is that a beautiful game. I hope they NEVER stop making Batman games.

Finished Fallout 4 as well and I think I stand by my original assessment of 8/10.

What it did well: Enjoyed the world overall. It was fun just free-roaming without any objectives and finding hidden enclaves and settlements. Thought the twist involving the main character's son was pretty good and how it tried to change your perspective about which faction to align with at the end. I liked the atomic age aesthetic that they established in the game including the way the weapons, armor and modifications were presented, the music used, the way the helper robots like Codsworth were designed. Main missions were fun and progressed nicely towards the end. Also liked the some of the side missions, like the Silver Shadow Quests, and hidden missions that would pop up, like the one involving the serial killer or another involving the anti-aging serum/sanitarium for example. The combat was fine in either V.A.T.S. or general first person/third person aiming but had its limitations with each.

What it didn't do well: It felt like a game that had a lot going for it but, overall, didn't have a great payoff in the end. The introduction of the voiced protagonist was a nice touch and I liked the fact you could build SOME type of relationship with your companions but, ultimately, they ended up being pretty shallow and stopped progressing after a certain point. In the end, the only reason to "complete" a relationship was to get the companion perk. This was similar with the factions as well. I mostly aligned with Minute Men and the Railroad and what they were trying to accomplish but my involvement with them was either "defend a settlement from ghouls/raiders/Super Mutants", "kill a courser", "set up MILA", or "secure DATA cache" without any endgame. The Brotherhood of Steel started out interesting until I met the leader and it ended up being a bunch of giant a-holes with kick-ass weapons plus they had their own "clear out this area/search for tech" missions that got old. Obviously, it helped advance your HPs to get perks but those could literally for on forever from what I could tell. Then, there was the Institute - they were trying to do something for the Commonwealth but they were never clear about what and kind of contradicted their supposed benevolence with a lot of kidnappings and killings. Same thing with building the settlements - it didn't matter if you equipped a settler with a four-poster bed or a sleeping bag since it didn't change the outcome in any way. They really needed to allow you to progress it to the point where the settlements could defend themselves/repair if you invested enough time into their construction and planning. Related to the settlements, if there was ever a game mechanic that needed a tutorial it was this one. You either figured it out on your own or received it like oral traditions.

In the end, I got my money's worth and was very entertained but it could have been so much better in terms of narrative and character development. It felt like it wanted to be many things at once and got enough of them right to warrant a another game if they continue to make improvements.

Edited by mulwin444

I thought the game was great. My little issues with the game were semi-non issues and issues with most Bethesda games that I look the other way because the rest of the game as a whole makes up for it.

My issue was the ending. It seems like once you got to the institute you still had to do a million non-important things. I was finding myself going, "jesus Christ just end this game already!" That's not good if you're trying to get a great story to people.

Still collecting tin cans and typewriter ribbons that dogmeat finds when he isn't agroing a super mutant.

I swear I would kill every vendor just to jack more fusion for the power armor. You would have thought they would have come up with rechargeable batteries.

Edited by notti

i kind of lost interest in fallout 4 before finishing it.

don't know what happened because i really enjoyed it at first.

That's me for every Bethesda game ever created.

Edit: I take it back. I actually did end up completing Fallout 3

The ending was just shitty.

Edited by Poozy

i kind of lost interest in fallout 4 before finishing it.

don't know what happened because i really enjoyed it at first.

Well, after the joy of shooting people with random garbage from the Junk Jet wears off you are pretty much left to scrounging trash like a Somali pirate without a boat.