• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

I know I'm going to sound like an idiot for asking, but could doing that before completing story mode affect my progress in that respect?

Not at all and good question. I actually was the same and didn't touch online until I finished single player for the same reason. But, they do a great job where online and single player are really their own games. Nothing even crosses over except some side characters are the ones to give out missions in online, but it's just for detail.

The only way it would affect your progress is you may never go back to playing single player. It's just so in-depth and expansive with what you can do. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, nor do I have time, but I'm still playing this game since release in 2013....I think something like single player from release to March of 2014 and online ever since. They just keep adding stuff (all free so far) that it's like a MMO, but the heists is such a game changer .

It's really expansive and there is a learning curve to online, so sticking to finishing single player and dialing the flying/driving physics before online is probably recommended. They really should be treated as separate games that simply have the same map.

Started playing it last night and got to the part where I'm close to baiting the Griffon.  Still getting used to the mechanics of it due to having to unlearn Dragon Age Inquisition controller muscle memory.  So far, though, i'm impressed with what I've seen.

Started playing it last night and got to the part where I'm close to baiting the Griffon.  Still getting used to the mechanics of it due to having to unlearn Dragon Age Inquisition controller muscle memory.  So far, though, i'm impressed with what I've seen.

Yeah things didn't really start to click for me till a few hours after killing the griffin.

Yeah, it's a great game.

I spent some time with the new Destiny DLC last night. I like it better than Dark Below.  Finally, it looks like there's a stable economic structure to it.  

I think Destiny 2 will be phenomenal now that Bungie has gotten the scope of the game figured out.  

I started the DLC and thought it was going to add new quests to the Vanguard but it just recycles the same ones at a higher level. A little disappointed in that. Destiny requires an undo amount of grinding to get any movement forward on weapon or armor upgrades, time I don't necessarily have a lot of.

I also think the game is best played in team mode so you can afford to play a little more aggressive and better utilize the character skills but still have a backup plan of other guys still standing if you go down. I like the auto matchmaking but the Nightfall, Vault of Glass and Crota's End requires a competent fire team that you have to assemble. Sometimes it is hard to find a few people to make the hour or more long battle, most of the time it is an all call through Reditt to get team members and there are a lot of really weird people that show up.

Looking forward to seeing Xur tonight and buying something of value with my collection of strange coin. I went 3 cycles without buying anything because he was either selling what I had r what I didn't want. I screwed up the first time I went to buy something and skipped on picking up Icebreaker. Regretted that ever since.

Edited by notti

I started the DLC and thought it was going to add new quests to the Vanguard but it just recycles the same ones at a higher level. A little disappointed in that. Destiny requires an undo amount of grinding to get any movement forward on weapon or armor upgrades, time I don't necessarily have a lot of.

I also think the game is best played in team mode so you can afford to play a little more aggressive and better utilize the character skills but still have a backup plan of other guys still standing if you go down. I like the auto matchmaking but the Nightfall, Vault of Glass and Crota's End requires a competent fire team that you have to assemble. Sometimes it is hard to find a few people to make the hour or more long battle, most of the time it is an all call through Reditt to get team members and there are a lot of really weird people that show up.

Looking forward to seeing Xur tonight and buying something of value with my collection of strange coin. I went 3 cycles without buying anything because he was either selling what I had r what I didn't want. I screwed up the first time I went to buy something and skipped on picking up Icebreaker. Regretted that ever since.

they actually added matchmaking?! Such a disapointment that they didn't have it when the game first came out...or any social features for that matter. Edited by Poozy

they actually added matchmaking?! Such a disapointment that they didn't have it when the game first came out...or any social features for that matter.

Matchmaking is part of the basic Vanguard missions creating 3 player fire teams based on level. There is also Matchmaking in Crucible for team balance. Other missions are strictly team build through PS friends networking or you can interact with other players on Earth Social to invite to fire teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Witcher 3 patch and DLC coming to consoles and PC...I guess the new story DLC adds about 30 hrs.

Seems I've been playing forever, trying to finish as many sidequests as possible for my level, and still haven't closed out Act 1.  Loving this game so far.

I don't think i've ever heard a bad thing about Witcher 3.

I can't wait to play it, i'm trying to force myself not to buy it until I upgrade my graphics card (i'm using a GTX650 right now, that would hardly run the game I imagine). I want to enjoy it in all it's glory on the PC silky smooth...no 30 FPS crap on PS4.

Not only that, but I have to finish my copy of final fantasy X re-mastered, and I haven't even unwrapped the last of us or finished GTA5. Working 10-20 hours OT every week and having a 5 and 6 year old tend to leave little time for games these days :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've still just been playing a ton of Witcher 3. This game is pretty huge. I feel like I've played a lot of the game, but my next main story Quest has a "Suggested Level" of 15. I'm currently only at level 9 and I haven't been technically avoiding any side quests really. So looks like I'm going to have knock out a ton of those side quests before proceeding. Maybe play some Gwent as well.

• 3 weeks later...

The huge new Witcher 3 update just went live. 

I haven't actually played any quests yet, but I did notice that my carry weight went from 106 down to 67 because alchemy and crafting materials now weigh nothing. 

Nice...doing my second playthrough right now and am interested to see the difference. 

I don't think i've ever heard a bad thing about Witcher 3.

I can't wait to play it, i'm trying to force myself not to buy it until I upgrade my graphics card (i'm using a GTX650 right now, that would hardly run the game I imagine). I want to enjoy it in all it's glory on the PC silky smooth...no 30 FPS crap on PS4.

Not only that, but I have to finish my copy of final fantasy X re-mastered, and I haven't even unwrapped the last of us or finished GTA5. Working 10-20 hours OT every week and having a 5 and 6 year old tend to leave little time for games these days :(

You should be able to run it fine, I'm getting great performance with only a GTX 750 2GB (non ti), 8gb ram, AMD 8320(3.5ghz 8 core).

Running it with Ultra Textures turned on too. Game is better optimized than Witcher 2 which lagged so much.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP