• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else play Dragon Age?

Since the FF talk I want to get an rpg, but am not sure. I've done a bunch of research, but I'm not sure if it's for me.

I like the rpg element of building something from nothing and want a Game of Thrones setting...this seems to be that. But I haven't played a rpg since maybe Xenogears way back in the day. For someone that doesn't play rpgs much is it something I can pick up and play easily or will I sit through hours of tutorials and have to spend a bunch of time learning little nuances?

I still have Evil Within and Watch Dogs in the wrapper from Thanksgiving and am seriously leaning towards exchanging one for this. I just want to see if it's good for someone to jump back into an rpg game and not have the hassle of relearning everything plus the games individual mechanics. I didn't play the older games, so, mulwins extensive posts on the game don't ring a bell as he compared them.

Good beginner rpg?

Brandon, I've played through Dragon Age Inquisition twice and,in my opinion, it's accessible and pretty elastic in terms of what you are looking for in an RPG. You can play on regular difficulty and not be overwhelmed. As you level up, your powers are hot-keyed automatically and if you didn't touch the other characters stats, it wouldn't impact your experience. There are elements along the way that you can use to build weapons using schematics you find but you'll loot weapons that are powerful. You can play this game without playing the other two and you wouldn't feel in the dark. Honestly it can be as simple or complex as you want to make it. You can choose to be warrior, Mage, or rogue with a choice of 4 different races (human, dwarf, elf or Qunari) each with their quirks. There is a main story that you can follow whose narrative threads will unlock as you gain power stats. Overall, the main story could take about 40 hours but, if you want to complete maps, fight all dragons, search all dungeons, etc it could easily stretch over 100 hours. In my opinion, its one of the best RPGS I've played with next generation graphics, excellent writing, characters and voice acting and incredible depth of lore. Highly recommended.

Edited by mulwin444

Did that Christmas night for too many hours. The brand new PS4 sat in its box while we raced all night.

My son plays "don't drink and drive" with his friends on Mario cart. You race and have to finish a beer during the race but can't drive while drinking. After several races they are running off the course right and left.

Just went through some of the free/steam sale games.

To the Moon: Haven't played it enough

Geometry Dash: 9. I still haven't beat the first level (off practice mode). It is HARD. Creating your own level might be fun.

Battleblock Theater: 9. Simple yet effective. Very good co-op game.

Chaos Online. N/A. I played it for appx 3 minutes. Looks like a clone of Dota or League of Legends.

Edited by DW711

Playing Destiny on PS4. 

It's a pretty good game, some people seem to hate on it a lot but i'd give it a solid 8 or 8.5, the gameplay is great but the story just hasn't grabbed my attention. I just finished the strike on the Moon, haven't done a raid or anything like that yet.

The one thing that bugs me about this game is that they absolutely SUCK at explaining how just about anything works. Most of the time they just simply don't even try.

That was my first impression as well. I went on the first quest and the travel function wasn't intuitive, then when I got there and did the usual battle with various enemies one drops an item that I picked up. Was supposed to be some melee weapon that I had no idea how it worked and must have did a weapon swap or it timed out because it disappears and I get horde attacked. Evidently you are supposed to use it on the horde but I couldn't find a way to access it again and ended up using most of my ammo to survive.

I had to bail out of the game before completing the mission so I have no idea if it autosaved my progress since I wasn't sure exiting the game did it. I guess I will find out tonight, rough week at work and I feel I need to work out some frustration on some aliens.

Edited by notti

I just reorganized my video game/computer/music room and have it to where all my systems are now accessible and ready to play so I've been playing a bunch of my old games. Let me just say that out of all of them, my Gamecube games have not held up. And after 20+ years, I still get stoked when I kick Sagat and M.Bison's ass in Street Fighter.

The two games that still hold up pretty well on the PS1 after all these years are the original "Silent Hill" and "Metal Gear: Solid".  I've played the Silent Hill franchise all the way up until "The Room" and the first was still my favorite in terms of overall story, creepiness and the ability to unlock alternate endings.