• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

I'm on PS3 but thanks for the offer. 

I found a re-spawning boss in Serenity's waste called Iwajira. It hides out in a cave next to the base station. I played it once (barely surviving by using my newly found Nukem) and ended up with some decent loot items and plenty of moonstones. I go back to base to sell off old stuff and there was the Legendary class mod for Wilhelm. Only about $20K more than I had on me even after shedding most of my extras. So I loaded up my son's Claptrap and stole his items until I had enough to buy the item. Later I replenished his stock from farming the beast with higher level gear.

I don't want to spend too much time farming because your rank increases past the quest line and then if you do find a legendary it will have leveled or will level out quickly.

Iwajira will drop a legendary rocket launcher called "The Thingy". It's great to farm and use 2 of those launchers to put into the grinder. If you put two of those and purple you get a legendary of whatever type of gun the purple is. It's a great way to make some legendarys

God damn I love the Angry Video Game Nerd. My favorite is probably his Ninja Turtles video game. We can all agree with him on that shit.

Only weird thing about AVGN is his trouble landing in Top Gun. I could do that in my sleep. Did people really have trouble with that.

hqdefault.jpg

....I did.

I haven't any of his but the Ninja Turtles. I could end up getting the swimming part, but would always run out of time and just randomly die in the next part where you are driving the pizza shooter or van around almost like a sandbox game. I never knew what to do and some random timer I don't remember would expire.

I've played about 7 hours of "Dragon Age Inquisition" and it would be accurate to describe the maps in this game as massive. I've been to three regions, which you can fast travel between once they are unlocked, and have only completed a small percentage of the overall missions/side quests. Some observations:

1) Combat is much impoved over both games. You can either battle on the fly, hacking away at opponents while hitting hot-key special moves when active, or you can go into a tactital mode, which allows you to take full control of your party and plot their moves in advance. You can switch between these two features seamlessly depending on the the outcome of the battle.

2) Exploring is rewarded. In Dragon Age: Origins, you were corridored into certain pathways by the quests or narative and the areas got even tigher in Dragon Age II. Neither really allowed much discovery off the beaten path. In Inquisition, you find lost cities, ancient groves, hidden caves or religious alters.

3) The inventory system is more realized and thought out and the loot drops are more intreresting. While Dragon Age II filled your backpack with junk, there are unique items of actual value that you can use to enhance weapons, armor, or accessories.

4) Dialogue system has improved and has taken the best elements of the Mass Effect Triolgy and Dragon Age II. The only thing missing is the "interupts" that were in Mass Effect 2 and 3.

5) Lots of different ways to craft potions, upgrade armor and weapons and make unique items

If you indugle the micromanager in you, it can be a real time-suck cycling through the various ingredients and recipes. Ultimately, though it isn't as requirement and you can move through the game without specifically needing these additions.

Review will be ongoing but, so far, its very impressive

Edited by mulwin444

All time favorites (that I've actually played more than 5 mins of and can think of right now).

Nes: Mario, Zelda 1, Baseball Stars, Extra Innings, Double dragon 1 and 2. Tecmo Super Bowl. Super Dodge Ball. River City Ransom. Final Fantasy 2 (or 4). Final Fantasy 3 (or 6).

Genesis: Sonic, NHL 94, Streets of rage

Super Nintendo: Mario, Zelda. I'd have to look up everything else.

N64: Goldeneye, any mario title, zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero. Conkers Bad Fur Day (quite possibly the most under-played game of all time).

PS 2-3: Any Madden, Final Fantasy 7, Battlefront 2, MLB 05

PC: L4D1, L4d2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 and 2. Back to the Future the Game. Walking Dead the Game (which is still 10 times better than the show). Duke Nukem. Borderlands 2. Star Wars Galaxies.

Edited by DW711

All time favorites (that I've actually played more than 5 mins of and can think of right now).

Nes: Mario, Zelda 1, Baseball Stars, Extra Innings, Double dragon 1 and 2. Tecmo Super Bowl. Super Dodge Ball. River City Ransom. Final Fantasy 2 (or 4). Final Fantasy 3 (or 6).

Genesis: Sonic, NHL 94, Streets of rage

Super Nintendo: Mario, Zelda. I'd have to look up everything else.

N64: Goldeneye, any mario title, zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero. Conkers Bad Fur Day (quite possibly the most under-played game of all time).

PS 2-3: Any Madden, Final Fantasy 7, Battlefront 2, MLB 05

PC: L4D1, L4d2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 and 2. Back to the Future the Game. Walking Dead the Game (which is still 10 times better than the show). Duke Nukem. Borderlands 2. Star Wars Galaxies.

Agree, it was another Aussie game that was spot on brilliant.

You left out the Turok series for NES.

PS-3  Boderlands 2, Fallout series as my favorites.

PC: Doom 3, Bioshock, Half Life series and Counterstrike Condition Zero which I still log on to steam and play now and then.

Also, TG16 - Bonks Adventure is one of the all time greats.

Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, the N64 Mario game, Ocarina and Goldeneye are definitely all time greats.

FF3 and FF7.

For Genesis, along with Sonic, one of the best tactical RPGs ever made was Shining Force.  Shining Force 2 was also excellent.

Oh also the SNES Star Wars Games - Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi.

Edited by nate

I've played about 7 hours of "Dragon Age Inquisition" and it would be accurate to describe the maps in this game as massive. I've been to three regions, which you can fast travel between once they are unlocked, and have only completed a small percentage of the overall missions/side quests. Some observations:

1) Combat is much impoved over both games. You can either battle on the fly, hacking away at opponents while hitting hot-key special moves when active, or you can go into a tactital mode, which allows you to take full control of your party and plot their moves in advance. You can switch between these two features seamlessly depending on the the outcome of the battle.

2) Exploring is rewarded. In Dragon Age: Origins, you were corridored into certain pathways by the quests or narative and the areas got even tigher in Dragon Age II. Neither really allowed much discovery off the beaten path. In Inquisition, you find lost cities, ancient groves, hidden caves or religious alters.

3) The inventory system is more realized and thought out and the loot drops are more intreresting. While Dragon Age II filled your backpack with junk, there are unique items of actual value that you can use to enhance weapons, armor, or accessories.

4) Dialogue system has improved and has taken the best elements of the Mass Effect Triolgy and Dragon Age II. The only thing missing is the "interupts" that were in Mass Effect 2 and 3.

5) Lots of different ways to craft potions, upgrade armor and weapons and make unique items

If you indugle the micromanager in you, it can be a real time-suck cycling through the various ingredients and recipes. Ultimately, though it isn't as requirement and you can move through the game without specifically needing these additions.

Review will be ongoing but, so far, its very impressive

I had no idea this was out or even close to coming out.  Looks like it's on PS3 so I can buy it without having to wait until I get a PS4. 

Never played online but Skyrim rules. I don't know how my wife didn't divorce me when I got that. I pretty much locked myself away in my game room and lived the life of a Nord. haha.

Yeah I spent hours building a house and decorating the crap out of it. I new my addiction was real when I got excited about how my armor looked in it.

Also, TG16 - Bonks Adventure is one of the all time greats.

Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, the N64 Mario game, Ocarina and Goldeneye are definitely all time greats.

FF3 and FF7.

For Genesis, along with Sonic, one of the best tactical RPGs ever made was Shining Force. Shining Force 2 was also excellent.

Oh also the SNES Star Wars Games - Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi.

Don't forget Rogue Squadron for the 64

Dragon Age: Inquisition Update:

27 hours in and feel like I've only completed about 30% of the actual story.  Did I mention it was big?

If you have the game and are just starting, here's some advice:

1) Don't try to complete the Hinterlands before moving on to other areas.  The Hinterlands is the 2nd area you visit in the game after estasblishing your headquarters in Haven.  The area is enourmous and if you try to be "Mr/Ms Completionist", odds are good you will throw up your hands and say "WTF" after spending 8 hours getting through a quarter of the map.  Think of it as a place to sample in chunks as you progress through the narative of the game.

2)  Don't feel compelled to pick up every little resource and herb you can find as most can be found and purchased through herbalists/alchemists in towns you visit..  By pushing the L3 stick, it sends a pulse to alert you to items in the area but most times its not loot but elfroot or iron or some other crafting item.  Again, pick them up with the flow of the game during your adventures or just exploring and you'll get to your destination faster.

3)  Sell/empty your inventory whenever you can as it fills up fast and the amount you can carry will depend on your current level.  Just remember to make a quick stop to whatever merchant is available so you don't have to destroy items later. 

4)  If it feels too advanced for your level/party, it probably is...just because your in an area/cave/castle doesn't mean you should be there.  You're free to roam wherever but certain areas of the map will be too advanced...going into tactical mode allows you to preview who you are going to engage before you engage them.  If you see a High Dragon and you have two hot key powers, you shouldn't be there.

So this isn't quite game related but I'll put it here to see if anyone has any suggestions.  I decided instead of buying Dragon Age Inquisition for PS3 I would see about turning in my P3 along with my 10 games (older) towards a PS4.  So I tried to reset my PS3 to delete everything on it and that backfired because I rarely ever turn it on and I'm not even sure what my most recent update on it was.  Long story short I tried rebuilding via safe mode and it never got past the initial step.  Trying anything else in safe mode requires a new update which I downloaded, put on a thumb drive in the right folder destination (PS3-UPDATE) then tried running the update.  After that I turned on the PS3 but it's not registering on the TV (HDMI) and it says no signal.  I read some instructions about trying to reset the video mode which I'll try later along with maybe seeing if I have the AV cables to use instead.  All I want to do is get the damn thing working and deleted of all of my information so I can turn it in.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

I'd probably try Google and Youtube. I did the same thing, but didn't have the issue. I went through a few different PS3's as I had the YLOD and was being a cheap ass and buying a new console at GameStop and they have a 7 day return policy, so I was churning them out every 7 days until my console was ready. So I did a bunch of these. How did it backfire? Usually you just plug it in, check for an update, then there is a drop down under systems to reset to default or clear the system. I don't think you need to do the update to delete, but could be wrong.

For almost any tech issue with the console I just Youtubed the issues and got a visual walkthrough. If it's not there Google almost always sends you to the PS forums where they have damn near every solution.