• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 8:53 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Shit the ps5 is still that hard to get a year later?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Seems like they are creating artificial hype to keep the cost up 

Yes. I've been looking passively for the last year. It's all the resellers grabbing them and flipping them with whatever markup. My buddy told me earlier in the year he could hook me up with his guy who sells the one I got for $600 or $650. I just couldn't do it on principal. Hell, the resellers are even glorifying it on the news when they did stories on the shortage.

I would even check when I'd go to KC and was just going to ship it home.

It was so bad that Sony created this lottery system so that you could buy direct from them at regular cost and skip the bullshit. I found certain bundles, also with a markup from resellers like QVC, but wasn't interested in the overall package because I'm not a hardcore gamer and actually don't play like I used to. I actually almost passed on the offer because I don't play much, but for as hard as it is to get this thing it felt like I needed to pull the trigger.

They shipped it for free and I got it the next day, Saturday. Funny thing is it came in two boxes that were unmarked outside of the label. As I signed with the Fedex dude he walked away and said, "Enjoy your PS5".....very telling when he said that and how many of these type of deliveries he does for an unmarked box.

I'll probably set it up this week and check it out. Still watching videos and reading articles on optimization.

Edited by Brandon

I lucked out and was able to get one direct from Sony around the Christmas season that it came out.

Enjoy it! I don't get to use mine much these days either but its a good time when i do. Funny enough my kid plays fortnite a ton and now my completely non gamer wife probably uses it more than me.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Brandon said:

Yes. I've been looking passively for the last year. It's all the resellers grabbing them and flipping them with whatever markup. My buddy told me earlier in the year he could hook me up with his guy who sells the one I got for $600 or $650. I just couldn't do it on principal. Hell, the resellers are even glorifying it on the news when they did stories on the shortage.

I would even check when I'd go to KC and was just going to ship it home.

It was so bad that Sony created this lottery system so that you could buy direct from them at regular cost and skip the bullshit. I found certain bundles, also with a markup from resellers like QVC, but wasn't interested in the overall package because I'm not a hardcore gamer and actually don't play like I used to. I actually almost passed on the offer because I don't play much, but for as hard as it is to get this thing it felt like I needed to pull the trigger.

They shipped it for free and I got it the next day, Saturday. Funny thing is it came in two boxes that were unmarked outside of the label. As I signed with the Fedex dude he walked away and said, "Enjoy your PS5".....very telling when he said that and how many of these type of deliveries he does for an unmarked box.

I'll probably set it up this week and check it out. Still watching videos and reading articles on optimization.

I was pretty much in the same boat. I mostly sat out the PS4 years, and haven't been really into games in years. I ended up getting the bundle with Horizon II included, which I had never heard of and now a month later I'm nearly 60 hours into it and playing it almost every day, lol. 

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I was pretty much in the same boat. I mostly sat out the PS4 years, and haven't been really into games in years. I ended up getting the bundle with Horizon II included, which I had never heard of and now a month later I'm nearly 60 hours into it and playing it almost every day, lol. 

Nice. I still haven't hooked it up yet, but might today. I'm just procrastinating because I don't want to have to go through all the new setups, calibrations, and general learning curve.

I'll checkout the PS+ games that come free with it, I think they there are 20, but I think they are only PS4 games. The new FIFA just dropped and that might be my first PS5 game to try out this new beast.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nice. I still haven't hooked it up yet, but might today. I'm just procrastinating because I don't want to have to go through all the new setups, calibrations, and general learning curve.

I'll checkout the PS+ games that come free with it, I think they there are 20, but I think they are only PS4 games. The new FIFA just dropped and that might be my first PS5 game to try out this new beast.

Ya I saw that on there yesterday. Since I've had it I've found a new way to spend money. lol

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ya I saw that on there yesterday. Since I've had it I've found a new way to spend money. lol

I might be going down the same path brotha haha. I was playing GTA 5 and Red Dead 2 at a ridiculous full time clip…..sometimes 12-14 hours a day while on my sabbatical. Keep me of nuts and a little burned out. If I plug it all in and am blown away I’ll jump back in on a serious level.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I might be going down the same path brotha haha. I was playing GTA 5 and Red Dead 2 at a ridiculous full time clip…..sometimes 12-14 hours a day while on my sabbatical. Keep me of nuts and a little burned out. If I plug it all in and am blown away I’ll jump back in on a serious level.

I missed out on Red Dead 2 so I downloaded it a few days ago. 😂

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I missed out on Red Dead 2 so I downloaded it a few days ago. 😂

Good luck with your time and schedule, dude. haha

That game is so engaging with things to do and the story is one of the better ones ever implemented in a video game. It's going to suck up all your time when you get going. One of the best games I've ever played. The online part is just ok, it should have been better. But my girlfriend and I had a blast playing together and doing a lot of the tasks and missions together.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:35 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

lol, I just got through about a month ago.

Something to consider that I did tonight and went nuts with downloading everything I wanted.

That samurai game, "Ghost of..." is getting rave reviews and looks enticing. It's $60 or $70, but I noticed it's free if you upgrade your PS+ to the top tier. I have PS+, but just the basic tier as the two upgraded ones are new as of a month or two ago, and my annual renewal is in January. So they gave me a prorated amount of $17 for the rest of the year. So, I basically got a $60-$70 game for $17 as I immediately downloaded the game to my library. Then I started bouncing around and found so much shit I was interested in that was now free to download and went nuts stacking games to my library. RDR2 was on there which made me think of you and posting this. I found the value to be insane, plus they have a bunch of PS4, PS3, PS2, etc. games that I'm interested in playing again or going back and finishing......all for free. And there is even a streaming option available from their library if you don't want to add to the library/cloud.

Like I said the other day, I'll get FIFA 23 at some point. I noticed they had an option to buy an EA Sports pass for $4.99 for the month and it said to download the game. Now, they got me on this one because as soon as I bought the pass it changed to a discounted price by $7 instead of me thinking it may be free like the others above. But I also want to get the new Tiger Woods golf game in 10 days (another $7 savings), as well as I'm looking at Madden 23 (I think another $7 savings). Add in the fact I downloaded NHL 22 (the top tier edition) and the latest Need For Speed games for free in conjunction with the $17 net savings from the three sports games and I just went to value town.

Highly recommended for both if you are interested in the game selection.

On a side note, the upgraded PS+ comes with free game trials and I downloaded that MX vs. ATV game to see what the picture, gameplay, etc. would look like on my new tv. I wasn't blown away, but it's solid. I'll keep watching videos and tinkering with the best video and audio settings. Another thing of note that I would not have found out on my own, but some dude mentioned going into your settings and turning all your wishlist notifications on. This way, when you browse the store you can add games to the wishlist and you'll be notified when they go on sale or are discounted. I thought that was neat. 

Other than that, bought a new 2T HDD to throw on the back and move all my games over so the machine runs optimally. It'll be here tomorrow. It's been fun dialing all this in.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Other than that, bought a new 2T HDD to throw on the back and move all my games over so the machine runs optimally. It'll be here tomorrow. It's been fun dialing all this in.

I was gona say, lol, where you fitting all of these? I'm nearly out of space already. I suppose its a minor inconvenience but I miss being able to just put the disk in and play. This kind of works with the PS4 games as they can be on your external but the PS5 versions have to be moved onto the main drive to be played.

I've thought about PS+, and it does read as a good value. A couple of my friends are 100% in on it. Knowing myself though, I suspect it's a bad idea in the long run. I tend to get super hyped up about games and then lose interest. The membership locks you in, and while $10 a month is nothing, it's effectively 2 games per year. Not every game is included, or as you said completely free. 

If I had had something similar in the PS4 days I would've had to cancel it and give up all my games (I hadn't bought a game in about 5 years). Of course maybe that's the smart play and I'm just getting old. Haha

47 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I was gona say, lol, where you fitting all of these? I'm nearly out of space already. I suppose its a minor inconvenience but I miss being able to just put the disk in and play. This kind of works with the PS4 games as they can be on your external but the PS5 versions have to be moved onto the main drive to be played.

I've thought about PS+, and it does read as a good value. A couple of my friends are 100% in on it. Knowing myself though, I suspect it's a bad idea in the long run. I tend to get super hyped up about games and then lose interest. The membership locks you in, and while $10 a month is nothing, it's effectively 2 games per year. Not every game is included, or as you said completely free. 

If I had had something similar in the PS4 days I would've had to cancel it and give up all my games (I hadn't bought a game in about 5 years). Of course maybe that's the smart play and I'm just getting old. Haha

Well, once you download it, it's yours. I can jump back down to the regular tier and still keep the game.

The real winner with the external is that you can play PS4 games directly from it and, like you said, save the data for PS5 and then just simply reload the games/data opposed to having to re-download it and upload the saved data from the cloud.

The external just came in earlier today and I've been going through all that fun as this is all new to me. I think I'm on the right track. Looks like the PS5 transfer is about 3 hours and the PS4 to PS5 data transfer is 13 hours haha. I should have used an ethernet cable instead, but oh well.

One of the things I like about the top tier PS+ is some of the games you can simply stream from their cloud, so it doesn't take up space on your hard drive. Thought that was cool for someone like myself that bounces around games.

• 1 year later...