• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

Is GTA 5 about the same on the PS4 as it was on the PS3?  I was in the middle of it when my PS3 died.  Saw a commercial for it and it made me want to play it again.

Playing it more and thought enough to add, it's worth it if you are a graphics guy. I'm not really, but the more I'm playing the more I notice the landscape....and it's even more noticeable with the side by sides. The PS3 version looks like the go PS2 San Andreas with no grass or landscape and just running on green areas. I actually got put in a grassy area and there are legit blades of grass. I also just played gold and it was pretty sick from a visual standpoint. There is more brush, the trees are denser, and the shadows and glare are fitting.

(Side note and brag that will will make me look lame as hell, I'm actually one of the best GTA 5 golf players in the world. I finished 2nd to some dude from Sweden by a stroke in a world tournament between top golfers and think I have one of the best ratios as far as winning percentage)

Broken clock twice a day etc.

Most games made after movies are garbage.  Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Superman, every other action or fantasy movie ever made into a video game.

The Arkham games are great but not based on the moves so rule still applies.

Also not based on movies but...

So I ended up replacing the hard drive on my PS3 because without a working hard drive I couldn't even trade it in at gamestop.  I figured I'll wait on a PS4 because as I've said on here before I go through kicks where I want to play a game, I play it for so many weeks, put it down for months and have to start all over if I ever get back into it.  So I bought Dragon Age Inquisition and have been playing that the last few days.  I'm in the real early stages and am still getting used to the controls but I'm liking it a lot and don't think I've had this much fun since the first Dragon Age game.  

So I ended up replacing the hard drive on my PS3 because without a working hard drive I couldn't even trade it in at gamestop.  I figured I'll wait on a PS4 because as I've said on here before I go through kicks where I want to play a game, I play it for so many weeks, put it down for months and have to start all over if I ever get back into it.  So I bought Dragon Age Inquisition and have been playing that the last few days.  I'm in the real early stages and am still getting used to the controls but I'm liking it a lot and don't think I've had this much fun since the first Dragon Age game.  

I have the issue of buying games and then never touching them, or only playing for 20-30 minutes and then never coming back. I currently own Shadow of Mordor, Black flag, Tomb Rader, and DA: I, and I have probably played a total of 5 hours for all of them combined.

It's tough for me to get sucked into a game, but when I do, I really get into it.

I think over the past few years, I find myself preferring games where I can just shut my brain off, relax and get sucked into the world.

Bethesda seems great at doing that. Fallout and Skyrim were did it best.

For Bioware, I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. Ended up buying 3, and it just didn't click for me. I played for an hour or 2 and never came back.

I fully intend on playing DA: I. Hopefully put in a few hours this week.

Edited by Poozy

Obviously, per my posts here, I've been playing it since the day it came out.  I am an all out completionist so it will take me longer to play it than the casual gamer but its worth the trip into Thedas.  Like I said in previous posts, don't get get bogged down in the Hinterlands, you'll lose the narative and focus because the area is just so vast.  Yoi'll be able to access each area you visit continuously so no need to feel you're missing something. 

Poozy, give ME3 another shot if you still have it.  It drags a bit in the beginning with Earth, Mars, and the first Citadel visit but gets going after that...

It's a game that basically looks like a show/movie.

If you want to play it...30 bucks on Steam..I thought you guys might prefer this, though!

Only like 5 bucks per episode if you just want to try it out first.

It's different from your standard game. More like a chose your own adventure book. The main story stays the same no matter what decisions you make though.