• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

I didn't want to continue to mingle this topic with the "PS4 vs XBone" thread...

So...what have played lately?  What are your thoughts?  

For myself:

Middle Earth:  Shadow of Mordor - 7/10

Pluses:  Combat was responsive and visceral.  Your skill tree allowed for more interesting and varied ways to take on groups of Orcs or sneak/assassinate targets.  The graphics and sound were solid.  The "rival" system between yourself and the various Orc Captains/War Chiefs was a nice touch to make the battles a little more "personal".  Good selection of dagger, sword and archey related side challenges.  There was a ton of stuff to do in the game and was maps were easy to navigate.  I had zero bugs or game breaking freezes.  Use of existing LOTR lore was well integrated.

Minuses:  The main storyline itself was not that gripping and you would often find yourself more intrerested in completing the challenges on the map than following the narative.  While the combat was fun, it was very similar to the Assassin's Creed games in the scaling of walls or diving or stealth assassinations...think Assassin's Creed in Middle Earth.  Fun but not revolutionary.

I'd wait until this one goes on sale for about $20 and you'd get your money's worth

Borderlands pre sequel. Same interface as BL2 but character skill trees are scaled back. I played through the entire game in one third the time of BL2 and the storyline was thin and the character interaction not nearly as robust.

Played through as Wilhelm which is basically a commando with drones instead of turrents. Kind of dull, start action, turn loose drones and let them do all the work.

Also playing claptrap and it is especially fun if you are team playing where some of his talents are shared like Funzerker that let's you go gun crazy without eating all your ammo and then that is spoiled by a talent that causes you to bunny hop uncontrolled and of course I was near a drop-off several times and committed suicide. I also inadvertently team killed when that talent activated so claptrap is as annoying as all characters see him as.

Not sure if you have to complete a play through before Jack is available as a player but that seemed to coincide. His skill tree is the most well thought out and it seems like all three trees are viable unlike some of the other characters.

Not as robust as BL2 but unlike many games at least didn't take three or more years to hit the market. Waited forever for bioshock infinite and it was crap so even though this is not as good it is good enough.

Edited by notti

Will be buying Far Cry 4 on my lunch break and starting it tonight. God damn I loved FC3, can't wait to play this one!

Yeah, Far Cry 4, The Remastered Grand Theft Auto 5, and Dragon Age Inquisition all came ouf on the same night...tough to just pick up one.  Far Cry 4 will be a top choice after my 200+ hours are spent in Thedas.

Borderlands pre sequel. Same interface as BL2 but character skill trees are scaled back. I played through the entire game in one third the time of BL2 and the storyline was thin and the character interaction not nearly as robust.

Played through as Wilhelm which is basically a commando with drones instead of turrents. Kind of dull, start action, turn loose drones and let them do all the work.

Also playing claptrap and it is especially fun if you are team playing where some of his talents are shared like Funzerker that let's you go gun crazy without eating all your ammo and then that is spoiled by a talent that causes you to bunny hop uncontrolled and of course I was near a drop-off several times and committed suicide. I also inadvertently team killed when that talent activated so claptrap is as annoying as all characters see him as.

Not sure if you have to complete a play through before Jack is available as a player but that seemed to coincide. His skill tree is the most well thought out and it seems like all three trees are viable unlike some of the other characters.

Not as robust as BL2 but unlike many games at least didn't take three or more years to hit the market. Waited forever for bioshock infinite and it was crap so even though this is not as good it is good enough.

I finished True Vault Hunter Mode with Wilhelm as well and completed all the side missions. I've been able to get a hold of some good legendary items as well. The game is fun but it sure feels like it could had been a DLC. I think I will start another play through with Athena now

Right now?

Still Team Fortress 2 and still a great game.

Occasionally Portal 2 and that might be a top 10 game of all time.

Starcraft 2 might drive you insane if you can't think fast or are not organized. Been playing that some.

The Borderlands prequel. I'm sure it's great...but like other people have said...looks like a glorified expansion. I'll wait for a sale when its 15-20 bucks.

I liked Bioshock infinite, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first one.

I'll be picking up dragon age soon.

Edited by Poozy

I finished True Vault Hunter Mode with Wilhelm as well and completed all the side missions. I've been able to get a hold of some good legendary items as well. The game is fun but it sure feels like it could had been a DLC. I think I will start another play through with Athena now

I think we hit almost all of the side quests but got boned on legendary. I got a random bug drop that netted a bonus package at level 10 and kept using it through to level 24 when it finally started to level out. Found two legendary guns in vending machines early but we were too dirt poor to buy them.

First run through on the true vault Hunter mode and the first boss drops Deep Nukem. Weird luck sometimes.

Not into anything new....I dig some kind of semblance of reality type games like GTA, Uncharted, and sports games like FIFA.

Still mildly playing GTA 5 Online, but it's getting a little stale.....actually started playing story mode again. I actually started going back and finishing games I gave up on or never finished but always wanted to. I sat on 98% completion for Sleeping Dogs forever and finished that up, similar thing with Skate 3, threw in MLB: The Show recently, Hitman: Absolution is one I want throw back in to get a platinum trophy, and one I pulled out because I never played was Heavy Rain which seems to be one of those must experience at least once type of things.

I should probably give the Assassin's Creed series a run sometime. 

I should probably give the Assassin's Creed series a run sometime. 

The first AC is good. A little repetitive but important to get the story line. The second AC is outstanding and the Italian cities you are in are downright beautiful, my favorite of the series. Brotherhood is great, Revelations is great, ACIII I liked but most people were vocal about how they didn't like it. Black Flag is probably my second favorite of the series, ship battles are epic.

Heard nothing but terrible things with the new one Unity.

Edited by TobiasFunke

The first AC is good. A little repetitive but important to get the story line. The second AC is outstanding and the Italian cities you are in are downright beautiful.

Yeah, I felt the 2nd one was the best of the series, probably where it peaked, although III and Black Flag are both enjoyable games. 

I think we hit almost all of the side quests but got boned on legendary. I got a random bug drop that netted a bonus package at level 10 and kept using it through to level 24 when it finally started to level out. Found two legendary guns in vending machines early but we were too dirt poor to buy them.

First run through on the true vault Hunter mode and the first boss drops Deep Nukem. Weird luck sometimes.

Make sure you go to Stanton's Liver and get the Excalibastard. The gun kicks ass but it will be at whatever level you are at. You need a Badass level of at least 2,500 to remove it. Are you on PS3 or Xbox 360? If you are on 360 I do not mind duping any weapons I have for you.

Edited by Angels N Skins

I'm on PS3 but thanks for the offer. 

I found a re-spawning boss in Serenity's waste called Iwajira. It hides out in a cave next to the base station. I played it once (barely surviving by using my newly found Nukem) and ended up with some decent loot items and plenty of moonstones. I go back to base to sell off old stuff and there was the Legendary class mod for Wilhelm. Only about $20K more than I had on me even after shedding most of my extras. So I loaded up my son's Claptrap and stole his items until I had enough to buy the item. Later I replenished his stock from farming the beast with higher level gear.

I don't want to spend too much time farming because your rank increases past the quest line and then if you do find a legendary it will have leveled or will level out quickly.