• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

Just now, TobiasFunke said:

Which is the same feeling Blarg's kids get when they beat that section of Dark Souls that they've been working on for a good hour. I'll admit, as much as I absolutely love the Assassin Creeds, the Bioshocks, etc. I don't ever get "that feeling" anymore.

Yeah I agree. The last time I got that feeling was getting the "Mile High Club" achievement on Call of Duty 4. 

On May 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM, mulwin444 said:

True story...the other day my 9 year old son was complaining about the load time after his character got killed in his game and I actually said something to the effect of:

"When I was your age, we couldn't just save when we wanted.  When we died, we had to go back to the beginning of the level and work our way back to the boss."

I caught myself and walked away after that...

Tell him to blow into the cartridge.

Just finished Uncharted 4.  GOAT for me.  My previous was Last of Us.  I think Uncharted was better because I had already established a relationship with the characters and the script played on that a little.  Overall, the gameplay was familiar and it was easy to get adjusted.  A few new moves to learn but they were pretty easy.  I really liked the story line and it really tied up the story neatly in the end. 

I just beat Uncharted 4 as well. The gameplay isn't exactly innovative but the story and setting kept me engrossed. 

I might be the only person who hated The Last of Us. The AI was downright terrible and every combat encounter required the same approach. Naughty Dog duped their fans by presenting demos with advanced AI and interesting combat and then delivering an entirely different product. 

First person shooter with different roles.  Kind of like TFC if you ever played it.

Because it is Blizzard it has a ton of hype.  I bought it but haven't played yet.  I am usually terrible at these games.  Not sure why I bought it.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

First person shooter with different roles.  Kind of like TFC if you ever played it.

Because it is Blizzard it has a ton of hype.  I bought it but haven't played yet.  I am usually terrible at these games.  Not sure why I bought it.

That's probably why you bought it :)

Team Fortress Classic.  One of the original Sierra/Valve games.

Both games are a team based shooter with objectives like Counter Strike.  Where they differ is the teams here have more defined roles like heavy/tanks, assassins/stealth types and healer/support types.

Fun games when you play with a group of people you know.  Pretty shitty when you don't.

I was watching an in-progress review for the game last night and one of the commentators was playing was obviously distracted by talking about the game. The in-game chat was making fun of his playing during the review. It was quite hilarious.

It seems the era of the 8-10 console year generation is dead.

Will the gaming population support these shorter iterative generations that results in something similar to how we use Apple products? Where most but not all games for the "Xbox 2" will run on the Xbox One in some manner those perhaps not optimally. And all Xbox one games would perhaps run on the "Xbox 2."  Similarly to Android and iOS user are significantly invested to their respective ecosystem and thus hesitant to switch. The enthusiast always upgrading to the latest while the more casual users wary of having to keep up at all.

Per the rumor mill there will be a slim Xbox one this year. /hand jerking motion

Much more interesting is that next year there will be a much much faster version of the Xbox one. One rumor (who $#@#$ing knows if accurate) is that it will be considerably faster than the newer PS4 that will also be announced, both aiming at 4K. The newer Xbox (with their tight relationship with Occulus) will also be Rift VR compatible. Sony I'd assume will be compatible with the VR they are developing themselves. More interesting than that is that Microsoft will then continue the iterative release periodically releasing more power machines that will be backwards compatible (makes sense, it's basically a PC) and the older systems will perhaps be able to be forwards compatible, perhaps at lower resolutions though really that is up to the developers.  If this has been part of Microsoft's plan all along it explains the name "One" as it will be the first of many systems in a direct lineage. Even the weaker initial system specs encouraging future purchasing. Also blatantly evil so I totally see MS doing that.

I really think both Sony and MS, and Nintendo in their usual completely different manner, look at the mobile phones/tablets and think..."Hey us too".  If someone is willing to buy iPhones every year they'll be willing to buy new consoles as often. Especially with the planned obsolescence of the initial Xbox one capabilities.

On 5/25/2016 at 11:48 AM, nate said:

Team Fortress Classic.  One of the original Sierra/Valve games.

Both games are a team based shooter with objectives like Counter Strike.  Where they differ is the teams here have more defined roles like heavy/tanks, assassins/stealth types and healer/support types.

Fun games when you play with a group of people you know.  Pretty shitty when you don't.

As I've mentioned in this thread more than once my attention span when it comes to video games these days is basically non-existent.  That said the Overwatch commercial and the fact it's Sierra/Valve made me think of TFC and has me hoping it's closer to TFC than TF2.  I played TFC regularly starting about a month or so after it came out for about 3 years.  Played in top clans in the US, won a few league titles, met some real cool people I'm still in touch with 18+ years later and had a lot of fun until I got interested in other things.  I'll never get into gaming that much again but the prospect of any kind of game coming along and being as interesting as TFC was for me via multiplayer online makes me want to upgrade my computer.  My computer is almost 10 years old and after years of playing TFC and CS on a desktop I just can't play an FPS seriously using a controller.

I ended up playing Overwatch most of the long weekend.  It is actually really fun when playing with a group of friends.  Problem is I know most of my friends will be bored of it in a couple more weeks.

I was in a top clan for Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear back in the day, as well as early on in world of warcraft so I know what you mean.  The leagues are crazy now with all their sponsorships.  Alas, I have a wife and family now so I could never reach that level of gaming again.

CS was the one that got real crazy.  I was in a CS clan that was fun up until the update that came out which was I think officially version 1 as prior to that it was in beta and had smaller updates over the months.  I think that's when they changed the M4A1 carbine and had some big changes.  Anyways almost overnight it went from something you could play pretty casually to having teams all over the world who did nothing but practice and play in tournaments.  I knew a few people who were in clans like that here and they played pretty much every waking moment.  

I saw a commercial recently I think for spike TV where they're going to show CS tourneys with prizes of up to like 1M or something crazy like that.  Amazing how much it's changed over the years because when TFC/CS first started out the first so many years organizing tourneys was mostly done by the players and people involved with the leagues.  It's not necessarily surprising as that's the evolution of things but it went from grass roots to corporate sponsorship and still trips me out.     

• 2 weeks later...