• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

I still stop in at a TFC forum where people I played with 15+ years ago post and the people who have commented on Overwatch said it's the closest thing to TFC since TFC.  I want to play but my computer is 10 years old and I need to upgrade before that's possible which won't happen anytime soon due to other expenses that take priority.  

I caught one of the Eleague semifinal matches for CSGO on Friday and enjoyed watching it.  It was a trip seeing the commercials with the "athletes" where these guys act like they're Lebron James or some other big name athlete.  I'm not trying to take anything away from them it's just funny seeing some chubby white European guy give his CS moniker then fold his arms across his chest trying to peddle headphones.  

"Blood and Wine" is one pretty damn impressive piece of DLC.  I'm about 10 hours in and there is so much do in peripheral to the main story its hard to not get distracted.  CD Projekt Red is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers and am looking forward to hearing more about their latest offering "Cyberpunk 2077".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 9:49 AM, cezero said:

Skyrim is one of my favorite games of the past decade. I'm not a PC gamer, so I've never gotten to play it with awesome graphics or mods. 

Tonight at 9, I'll finally get to play it as it's meant to be. I'm pretty excited. 

edit....I got it, and it's a major upgrade visually. Worth it for me because of that, and not having to hook up my 360 to play the game. Looking forward to playing it with mods. Fallout 4 with mods has been a ton of fun. It's one of the things that's tempting me to get a gaming PC. 

I don't even know what mods are. My entire gaming experience has been single player campaigns on the PS consoles. I literally haven't played since my second kid was born two years ago. I have no time. Red Dead 2 us seriously making me consider buying a PS4 and isolate my wife after the kids are in bed

Yesterday was "N7 Day" (11/7) for fans of the Mass Effect franchise.  BioWare dumped a huge bunch of info - including a intro trailer, box design, multiplayer beta signups, the "Andromeda Initiative" player interactive, Gameinformer preview - and they announced a gameplay preview for 12/01.  As a big fan of the original trilogy, I'm definitely looking forward to this one.  If you still have the previous games, they are all now backwards compatible on XBox One including all previously purchased DLC.    

2 hours ago, cezero said:

I haven't played any of the Mass Effects, but Andromeda looks amazing. I can't imagine not buying it. 

If you own an XBox One you can play them all and they are pretty cheap since they were released in '07, '10, and '12 respectively.  I can honestly say its the best series of games I've personally played and would recommend it to anyone who is interested.

58 minutes ago, cezero said:

I just watched the little bit of gameplay footage available for Andromeda. 

It looks stunning. 

I might end up getting 2 and 3 to play over winter break. 

Both can be had at Gamestop or Amazon for less than $5 each ...I picked them up again just the last couple of days.  

A few bits of advise IF you end up getting both Mass Effect 2 and 3:

- Download the Mass Effect 2 "Genesis" DLC prior to playing the game.  "Genesis" is a free DLC that was done in cooperation with BioWare and Dark Horse comics that enables those that didn't play the first game to experience a quick (about 10 min) interactive "comic book" about the various plot elements of the first game and allows to make significant choices at points within that comic that will impact the events of Mass Effect 2 (Romance options, who lives or dies, etc)

-  They have some really cool DLCs for Mass Effect 2 but, ultimately, there is really only one that I'd call essential - "Lair of the Shadowbroker".  Its a pretty long DLC that, at the end of it, allows you access to some detailed mission briefs on your squadmates, access to vital resources used to upgrade the ship and its just a well-written adventure overall.  Another good one, but not vital, is "Overlord" - good story and gameplay but not essential.  The "Arrival" DLC is just decent so only get it if you need more Mass Effect and "Kasumi - Stolen Memory" adds a new character to your crew and gives you a fun heist adventure but its rather short.

- As for Mass Effect 3, download the free "Extended Cut" DLC.  It adds another 30 minutes or so to the end of the game and is essential to get a better understanding of what transpired.

- Mass Effect 3 also has some solid DLC but only a couple are must-gets.  "From Ashes" adds an major character and a good amount of dialogue/narrative...the amount is significant.  "Leviathan" gives more background into the origin of your enemy and has some really cool narrative/game play elements and is only slightly less important than "From Ashes".  "Omega" is pretty much the space RPG equivalent of a "dungeon crawl" as you fight through enemy elements to retake a space station.  Its around 4 hours of blowing crap up and fun but doesn't ultimately add much to the end game.  Then, there is the "Citadel" DLC, which is BioWare's goodbye letter to the trilogy.  If you end up loving the 2 games, you'd enjoy it but if it doesn't do much for you, don't bother.  It's basically two DLCs in one: the first part is a mission based on a shadow organization trying to kill your character and how you discover and defeat them; the second part is a shore leave party that enables you to have one to two more interactions with your crew mates prior to the final battle.  Its total fan service but fun if you are into the series.