• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I would rather lose the way we did...

Then lose in Game 7 of the World Series.  I cant imagine how crappy those Royals fans must feel right now.  They get all hyped up for a month straight in belief that their curse (if you want to call it that) would be lifted.  Now they have to go home knowing it was all for nothing.  

Theres an old Phil Jackson quote from a while back, about how losing in the Finals is the worst possible feeling and outcome.  I would have to agree with that.  As gutwrenching as our outcome was, the Royals is much worse.  

Then lose in Game 7 of the World Series. I cant imagine how crappy those Royals fans must feel right now. They get all hyped up for a month straight in belief that their curse (if you want to call it that) would be lifted. Now they have to go home knowing it was all for nothing.

Theres an old Phil Jackson quote from a while back, about how losing in the Finals is the worst possible feeling and outcome. I would have to agree with that. As gutwrenching as our outcome was, the Royals is much worse.

No I would've rather lost a championship game 7 than fold like a cheap lawn chair in the ALDS.

I'm sure that Arte, Jerry and Mike would agree. The extra revenue for the team and the city would've gone a long way in helping Arte get his deal done.

Whaddya mean?  Great series........two very good teams who did most of it with small ball style --pitching, defense, speed......

KC Royals may have lost the World Series in 7 games but the Royals team and fans have nothing to hang their heads about -- KC proved they are a franchise on the move and the SF Giants showed that they may be the team of the decade with THREE TITLES in FIVE YEARS.

Madison Bumgarner may have had the best pitching performance in a seven game World Series.

Only negative part of all this? NO baseball until late February. Can't wait for Spring Training!!!

At least there's the NHL.

Then lose in Game 7 of the World Series.  I cant imagine how crappy those Royals fans must feel right now.  They get all hyped up for a month straight in belief that their curse (if you want to call it that) would be lifted.  Now they have to go home knowing it was all for nothing.  

Theres an old Phil Jackson quote from a while back, about how losing in the Finals is the worst possible feeling and outcome.  I would have to agree with that.  As gutwrenching as our outcome was, the Royals is much worse.  

Aren't you the guy that said everyone is a loser unless they win the championship?

No.  A losers mentality would be "Im satisfied with a division title."  

If you gave me two choices, would you rather get swept in the first round or lose in Game 7 of the World Series, id take the first option every time. 

i literally can't understand that thinking, and i agree with whoever said it's a loser's mentality. you'd rather the angels get swept out in three games over fighting and scratching through three series, and a play-in game, all the way to the doorstep of ultimate victory or ultimate defeat? you're so afraid of the letdown of game 7 that you'd rather not even really compete? that is, i'm sorry to say, a coward's mentality. that needs some examining.

Losing this way..it does suck.....but you might as well just not watch baseball or sports at all if you can't handle the 'heartbreak'.

The Royals might not even make the playoffs next year and the same goes for the A's and Angels, as well...so trust me..I was glad they made it knowing the divisions going to be a bitch for the next 4-6 seasons.

Edited by DW711

No.  A losers mentality would be "Im satisfied with a division title."  

If you gave me two choices, would you rather get swept in the first round or lose in Game 7 of the World Series, id take the first option every time. 

That is pretty clear by what you've said in this thread. I would rather have been watching the Angels playing the Giants in a World Series rematch.

I would much rather lose in the World Series than get swept in the first round. Does one hurt more than the other? Sure, but it is the World Series and we fought to get there. QM is the Ricky Bobby's dad of this website, "if you aren't first you're last" Heartbreak is part of being a fan, and we have had our fair share of that. I would gladly take heartbreak over an embarrasing sweep any day of the week.

The AL Pennant does not mean anything.  The Rangers won it twice and they still arent a relevant franchise.  

every time i hear this sentiment, it inevitably comes from a person that hasn't ever put their neck on the line. life isn't all or nothing. you need a remedial course in life lessons 101.

every time i hear this sentiment, it inevitably comes from a person that hasn't ever put their neck on the line. life isn't all or nothing. you need a remedial course in life lessons 101.

Im sorry I thought we were talking about baseball, not life.  Obviously you cant take that same mentality and apply it everywhere.  Its the same mentality many great players and franchises have in sports.  Learn to accept it.