• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I would rather lose the way we did...

Im sorry I thought we were talking about baseball, not life.  Obviously you cant take that same mentality and apply it everywhere.  Its the same mentality many great players and franchises have in sports.  Learn to accept it.

...but you're wrong about the players part. the players don't have that attitude. in fact, they have quite a different attitude. i know this because i actually listen to them when they speak. also, i compete in many different arenas myself, and because of this i've learned that what i can control is my preparation and my execution. as long as i've done those two things, then i'm forced to accept that the results are as they are. i can reflect on my preparation and execution to try to understand if there was something i could have done better, but many times there is not. it's just the nature of competition. in most activities there isn't a totally dominant participant.

Edited by ukyah

...but you're wrong about the players part. the players don't have that attitude.

I didnt say all players do. Only the great players and franchises.  Such as Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant.  Lakers, Yankees, etc.  Anything short of a championship is a failure.  Teams like the Royals, yeah this is probably their 15 minutes of fame and they are proud of it.

By the way if Arte never wins a World Series as long as he is an owner of the Angels, do you think he will be satisfied with divisions and maybe a WS appearance here or there?  Didnt he say he wanted the Angels to be the West coast version of the Yankees, with the championship or bust mentality.  

Edited by QuinlansMinion

I didnt say all players do. Only the great players and franchises.  Such as Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant.  Lakers, Yankees, etc.  Anything short of a championship is a failure.  Teams like the Royals, yeah this is probably their 15 minutes of fame and they are proud of it.

By the way if Arte never wins a World Series as long as he is an owner of the Angels, do you think he will be satisfied with divisions and maybe a WS appearance here or there?  Didnt he say he wanted the Angels to be the West coast version of the Yankees, with the championship or bust mentality.  

Kobe didn't win the rape case in Colorado and he seemed satisfied with an apology, and paying the woman off.

Thank you!  Its not about winning its about how your competing.  If you get to game 7 of the WS and lose with the tying run on third it would be painful, but a hell of a lot better season than the Angels getting swept.

Well its nice to see your team compete thats for sure.  But still, whether you lost in the World Series or lost in the first round, you still lost.  Do you see any Rangers fans bragging about making the World Series two years in a row?  I mean they competed better then we did right?  Thats your logic.  

The point of this post is what exactly?  A failed attempt at being funny or are you actually being serious.  

So what do you do in your real life, when not on the message board, that is so successful that you can sneer about Royals players being proud of a game 7 loss.

Did you invent MS Windows?  Win six straight Ironman triathlons?  Develop cancer fighting cells? 

I am dying to know. 

So what do you do in your real life, when not on the message board, that is so successful that you can sneer about Royals players being proud of a game 7 loss.

Did you invent MS Windows? Win six straight Ironman triathlons? Develop cancer fighting cells?

I am dying to know.

No, but he is Chucks friend on FB

No.  A losers mentality would be "Im satisfied with a division title."  

If you gave me two choices, would you rather get swept in the first round or lose in Game 7 of the World Series, id take the first option every time. 

So I am still trying to get this straight:  You've told us that are all about the winning (you, Jeter and Jordan); but you'd rather lose with terrible pitching, somnambulant hitting, watching CJ Wilson, and never even leading for a full inning - over a month of winning series like the Royals, and losing game seven with the tying run on third.

Why is that better?

You are wrong about that as well.

Great ones hate to lose. They are driven by their distaste of losing.

However there is not one Great player who would rather get swept in the ALDS instead of losing in game 7 of the world series.

There is not one great one who would lose in the game 7 and say their season was a failure. They would be disappointed. However they know how difficult it is to be the champion. They know competing to the end is a season to be proud of.

I didnt say all players do. Only the great players and franchises. Such as Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant. Lakers, Yankees, etc. Anything short of a championship is a failure. Teams like the Royals, yeah this is probably their 15 minutes of fame and they are proud of it.

By the way if Arte never wins a World Series as long as he is an owner of the Angels, do you think he will be satisfied with divisions and maybe a WS appearance here or there? Didnt he say he wanted the Angels to be the West coast version of the Yankees, with the championship or bust mentality.