• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I would rather lose the way we did...

Well its nice to see your team compete thats for sure.  But still, whether you lost in the World Series or lost in the first round, you still lost.  Do you see any Rangers fans bragging about making the World Series two years in a row?  I mean they competed better then we did right?  Thats your logic.  

You're overemphasizing a single series and overanalyzing teams that have had postseason success. There's nothing special about the way Sabean constructs his teams. The goal of any GM is to put the best possible team on the field and if they win the World Series then so be it.

The outcome of a single game is influenced by too many factors to list and that fact is amplified in the playoffs. You keep bringing up this notion that there's no "luck" involved in the Giants playoff appearances. Well, I could argue that they wouldn't have made it to the NLCS  if it hadn't been for the terrible defensive efforts by the Nationals.

At first glance, it's impressive that the Giants have won 3 WS in the last 5 years, but then you realize that they weren't the same team in 2010, 2012, and 2014. That's precisely why it isn't that strange that the A's haven't advanced very far in the playoffs the last 20 years. 

Then lose in Game 7 of the World Series.  I cant imagine how crappy those Royals fans must feel right now.  They get all hyped up for a month straight in belief that their curse (if you want to call it that) would be lifted.  Now they have to go home knowing it was all for nothing. 

Takes me back to 1991, during my exclusive Braves fandom. I waited 25 years to see my team in the World Series, then they lost game 7 1-0 in ten innings. I didn't even want to go to work the next day.

The right analogy for this would be, "finding the woman of your life and losing her on wedding day in front of everyone."

I would much rather not have even met her if this was going to be the case.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

-- Alfred Lord Tennyson

You are wrong about that as well.

Great ones hate to lose. They are driven by their distaste of losing.

However there is not one Great player who would rather get swept in the ALDS instead of losing in game 7 of the world series.

There is not one great one who would lose in the game 7 and say their season was a failure. They would be disappointed. However they know how difficult it is to be the champion. They know competing to the end is a season to be proud of.

Yeah obviously players would want to get as far as they can.  Im not a player though am I?  Its just an opinion, that losing in the ALDS is the same as losing in the World Series to me.  Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about it.

Yeah obviously players would want to get as far as they can. Im not a player though am I? Its just an opinion, that losing in the ALDS is the same as losing in the World Series to me. Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about it.

Were not butthurt we just think it's incredibly ****ing stupid.

i'm sorry QM, but you're failing hard here. you can't have it be one way in sports competition and another way in other competition, referring to your sports vs. life differentiation. competing is the same universally, it's in the spirit. your opinions cast you as a person that is afraid of failure. in your own words, you'd rather fail right away, then be disappointed later, when the stakes are highest. that is an unfortunate position to be in, but it's all too common.

This.

Are you people saying you make fun of the Rangers collapse, but on the inside you're actually jealous of them because they made it farther than us?

While I enjoyed watching the 2011 World Series at the time I never went around actively teasing Rangers fans about it. I did see other Angels fans do so and the Rangers fans usually replied with "look who's talking" and pointed out the fact the Angels missed the playoffs.

Edited by ScottLux

Yeah obviously players would want to get as far as they can.  Im not a player though am I?  Its just an opinion, that losing in the ALDS is the same as losing in the World Series to me.  Not sure why people are getting so butthurt about it.

yeah,  i don't get why people are bringing up what the players and Arte would prefer. That wasn't the question.  Of course they would rather make it to the WS. As an Angels fan, I've endured enough heartbreak.

This was a classic World Series up there with the 91, 97 and 01 World Series in recent memory which a lot of fans will remember due to game 7. Outside of some Angel fans no one is going to care that the Angels won the AL West or the most games during the 2014 season. As much as it must suck for KC and their fans they have a lot to be proud of.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

The Royals post season lasted 14 games which included 7 at home. I can't think of a more exciting time to be a fan of a team that gets to the 7th game win or lose. They put themselves in a position to win it all.

No one can tell me that Arte hasn't coveted being in that position and probably missed out on his biggest opportunity in years.

Best record, home advantage and all that playoff revenue doesn't come around very often.

Pujols, Hamilton and Weaver will all be another year older so the window of opportunity is closing fast.

This was a classic World Series up there with the 91, 97 and 01 World Series in recent memory which a lot of fans will remember due to game 7. 

I had just as soon not discuss 1991. I still haven't forgiven Lonnie Smith for getting duped at second base on Terry Pendleton's double in the top of the ninth of Game 7.

Yeah, had you asked them I'm sure Reese and Robinson and all those old Brooklyn Dodgers would've told you they would have much rather finished 4th or 5th in the National League those years they lost to the Yankees.

again, the question wasn't about what the players would prefer.