• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton reflects on 'frustrating' season, unhappy fans

Chuck

He finds it funny that the fans boo him. He did us all a big favor with his outrageous production. He is just so unlikable and shows no enthusiasm for the game that has made him wealthy beyond our wildest imaginations.

Mod edit-don't go there

Edited by Stradling

He absolutely deserved to be booed.  I am a fan of baseball first.  He is a terrible hitter.  He makes way too much money to go up there and stink it up.  I didn't realize he bought the tickets for all the fans in attendance.  I didn't realize that we are suppose to be content with his suckage.  As bad as the Angels hit as a team during the ALDS, Josh still had plenty of chances to get some rbi's.  He looked like he didn't want to be there.  He deserved every single boo he got and any boos he gets in the future.

“I thought it was pretty funny, after my third at-bat of the first game, I got booed,” Hamilton said. “I’m like, seriously? I’m out for a month, put all kinds of poison in my body to even attempt to play, and get booed. Whatever. It’s kind of comical.

So his first season with the Angels is entirely mediocre after signing a huge contract. Then he misses almost 2 months of the 2014 season, comes back and hits just 8 homeruns with a .247 AVG and a .702 OPS, then gets hurt again and misses the final month of the season including the divison clinching game AND celebration, and he finds it "comical" that fans were booing him when he barely makes the postseason roster and looks like dogshit in his first 3 at bats? Like he expects fans to not boo him because he is hurt?

Interesting. It's like a kid in elementary school who is assigned to a huge group project and then gets explosive diarrhea and has to miss 2 weeks of school. Then he comes back after the project is 60% completed, pitches a bunch of shitty ideas that get rejected, then scrapes his knee on the playground and has to miss another week of school. Then he comes back for the final presentation and stands up there with the rest of the group and acts like he did a lot of the work and then finds it "comical" that the teacher doesn't give him the same grade as the rest of the group.

Eat a salty wiener, Josh. You overpaid prima donna douchecicle.

Edited by tdawg87

^see above photo (of Woody doing his Josh crying into his millions impersonation...

I'm a Josh fan, but it is obvious that he doesn't care enough to even support his teammates.  His AB's in this series looked like me swinging the bat backwards.  Did he even face some game-situation pitching during his rehab?!  I know the Angels could've brought-in or sent him out to face some of our valid AAA huckers to get back into the swing of things.  All I saw was pointless-flailing at pitches.

That said, he was solid defensively and I hope he comes back next season healthy, and with a better mindset.  He got smoked by Nelson Cruz in the comeback department this season!  If not, give us a refund and move-on.

Edited by LBHalos17

Would it be too difficult to say something along the lines as this, instead of taking a shot at the fans?:

"We couldn't get it done as a unit, and I pretty much stunk the whole series.  I worked my butt off to get back onto the field, for my teammates, and the fans, but the results are far below what I expect out of myself.  I'll use this experience to light a fire inside me to come back completely healthy next year ready to kick some ass "

Hamilton coming back – with the help of at least 12 cortisone shots – from shoulder and rib cage injuries to try to play. Although he said he felt physically good enough to play, he likely paid the price in lost timing from barely seeing any live pitching for four weeks.

yep Why didn't MS et al realize that?

Would it be too difficult to say something along the lines as this, instead of taking a shot at the fans?:

"We couldn't get it done as a unit, and I pretty much stunk the whole series.  I worked my butt off to get back onto the field, for my teammates, and the fans, but the results are far below what I expect out of myself.  I'll use this experience to light a fire inside me to come back completely healthy next year ready to kick some ass "

Yep. Accountability, personal responsibility. That's the qualities of a leader and teammate.

Josh is neither.

That said, he was solid defensively and I hope he comes back next season healthy, and with a better mindset.  He got smoked by Nelson Cruz in the comeback department this season!  If not, give us a refund and move-on.

The hell he was.  He made a decent sliding catch in game one.  Then had an abortion of a try on a fly ball that ended up being a run.  Then his 'fall on his ass' catch that allowed a baserunner to advance to third.

Josh could of mailed it in and said he wasn't ready to play... instead he did everything he could to get back on the field.  I applaud him for that.  Yes, he failed miserably in the postseason, but he could of taken the easy road and just sat out.  Once back - he took early batting practice, etc. He didn't mail it in.

I am not going to give up on the guy.  Yeah, he doesn't always say the right things, but I'm going to give him a break there.  Deep down I have to believe he's embarrassed and when you're in that place - you might answer a question awkwardly.  Again, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

What to go Josh....way to show the younger players what NOT TO SAY when speaking of your less than desirable performance in the ALDS. 

Kid Fish--if you were anywhere near this interview, I hope you had your ear buds on, playing your walk up song, and getting pumped up for the 2015 season and not listening to this a whiny, self-absorbed, non-accountable idiot.  Sorry, but he deserved all of the boos he got in the series. 

I don't like it when fans boo their own players. I held it against A's fans when they were booing Jim Johnson so I'm going to at least be consistent on that.

That said, Josh, You don't just AUTOMATICALLY get fans for being the 2nd biggest name on the team. He didn't come up with us and he has not had even a decent season with us. I give him the benefit of the doubt a lot. I was really hoping he'd pull through because I am a romantic and I don't ever like to see someone struggle.. I'm still hoping he gets it together and not just because we are stuck with him.

But what he's missing is that he hasn't earned any fans in Anaheim. They don't owe it to him to love him because he won MVPs, batting titles and all star nods. He did that for our rival team then came here and contributed to one the worst postseason showings in 2014. Not only did he contribute to the failure, he barely contributed to getting the team to the postseason in the first place.

Like I said, I don't love all the vitriol from fans, but he needs to understand that we will support him and love him when he earns it. we aren't his parents- it's not unconditional from day 1. $25-$75 for a regular season ticket, $90 for a jersey, $35 for a hat, $130 for MLBtv... that's a lot of money for us commoners. but, excuse us, Josh. We're so sorry that we don't appreciate you as much as you would like. 

At least John Elway apologized to the fans after the Super Bowl. Take a lesson Josh. Hire a publicist. 

This thread is pretty hilarious. Really guys? Are you that bitter about life? Let's all take another deep breath.

Most star athletes come across as jerks because they have to distance themselves from fans due to threads like this. Would you be able to handle people booing you at your job, cursing at you, tweeting that they hope you die, with thread after thread of a dozen message boards judging you and making assumptions about you, your family, and your personality?

Edited by forgottenred