• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton reflects on 'frustrating' season, unhappy fans

Chuck

This thread is pretty hilarious. Really guys? Are you that bitter about life? Let's all take another deep breath.

Most star athletes come across as jerks because they have to distance themselves from fans due to threads like this. Would you be able to handle people booing you at your job, curing at you, tweeting that they hope you die, with thread after thread of a dozen message boards judging you and making assumptions about you, your family, and your personality?

Most athletes are probably smart enough to realize that criticism goes with the territory. You do your job, fans love you. You don't, they don't. Simple, is it not?

Nobody would say shit if Hamilton wasn't a $125 million thief.

Most athletes are probably smart enough to realize that criticism goes with the territory. You do your job, fans love you. You don't, they don't. Simple, is it not?

Nobody would say shit if Hamilton wasn't a $125 million thief.

Because athletes can choose to somehow be emotionless drones? And calling him a "thief" implies that he purposefully stole $125 million. You think he wants to suck?

Hamilton is a little too emotional. Maybe if he didn't suck so hard on the field fans would actually adore to him. Perhaps he should focus more on his play and less on the reactions of those who pay to watch him suck. Fans pay his salary. You do realize that without fans there would be no business and thus no millions for Hammy? The fans pay to watch these guys play. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. If you suck at your job you deserve the criticism. And especially when you're about to become the highest paid player in baseball (or close to it). That backloaded contract is gonna sting.

I don't agree with personally attacking the man or making threats. But criticism as far as his play is concerned? That's fair game. If he doesn't like it then earn your paycheck.

How do you think Arte feels when he watches the man he's paying $125 million look like an incompetent fool?

And some of those comments from Hamilton show how detached from reality he really is.

You don't play for the fans? Wtf?! Mr. Moreno may want to have a word with you.

You're being paid like a star to produce on the field like a star to help the team win so fans keep showing up so Moreno makes a profit and keeps his business growing. That is why you are paid. Yes, you ultimately do play for the fans because without any fans there is no MLB or millions for you.

Why can't he just accept that he has hurt the team and played like shit? Maybe if he just took some responsibility he would be more respected and less disliked. Enough of the martyr bs.

Edited by Angels

This thread is pretty hilarious. Really guys? Are you that bitter about life? Let's all take another deep breath.

Most star athletes come across as jerks because they have to distance themselves from fans due to threads like this. Would you be able to handle people booing you at your job, cursing at you, tweeting that they hope you die, with thread after thread of a dozen message boards judging you and making assumptions about you, your family, and your personality?

1. I'm pretty good at my job. 

2. I don't have a guaranteed contract. That means over time if I consistently didn't perform I could be fired without any guaranteed money.  

3. I don't make 25 million a year.

4. Most people on this board probably relate to my 1,2, and 3.

5. Your comparison sucks. Josh sucks at his job. He has a guaranteed contract, meaning he has no incentive to suck or do well. He makes 25 million a year. 

Most star athletes come across as jerks because they have to distance themselves from fans due to threads like this. Would you be able to handle people booing you at your job, cursing at you, tweeting that they hope you die, with thread after thread of a dozen message boards judging you and making assumptions about you, your family, and your personality?

Poor Josh. His feelings might get hurt. Then he'll remember he makes more money per at bat than most fans booing him make in a year and laugh and go back to eating his hoagie.

He has a guaranteed contract, meaning he has no incentive to suck or do well. He makes 25 million a year.

True. Hammy can not give a shit about baseball and just show up weighing 500 pounds in ST and he would still be paid the same amount. Really.

Something tells me that if his contract wasn't guaranteed he would be acting a little differently and would probably act like he gives a shit about baseball. Easy to act nonchalant when you're guaranteed $125 million.

on to the actual current in context quote from Josh.  I think it is an unfortunate comment.  Personally I think booing a home player is bad form if he is trying.  However I also understand that other fans don't feel that way.  Josh needs to be able to put that aside and just play the game.  If he is hearing and focusing on the boos, then it could be detrimental.

I don't take any of this seriously. Neither does Josh Hamilton.

right, that's why he went out and took extra batting practice, a bunch.  Be honest, you have zero idea what he does or doesn't care about sans what he actually says.  You just make up bullshit and then mock the bullshit you just made up.