• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton reflects on 'frustrating' season, unhappy fans

Chuck

I just can't blame Scioscia or Dipoto for Josh Hamilton for being on the ALDS roster. Josh Hamilton put the entire organization on the spot when he told the media on Tuesday before the roster was set..."He said he's set for Thursday when the Angels host the wild-card winner in the opener of the AL Division Series.

"I feel good, just like yesterday. I ran, threw, faced a lot of pitching, so I'm good to go," Hamilton said.

What was the organization going to do call him a liar and leave him off the roster?

Actually, a few days earlier in Seattle that's just what they did.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/scioscia-636536-series-shoemaker.html

The angels never had a gun to their heads to play him.

the more I think about what he said, the more it just sits wrong with me.  

of course it's natural to project a similar set of circumstances to what would be apropos to your own life.  

So I have a question for Josh. 

What if you played in a game where you prepared properly and tried your very best.  You made all the routine plays in the field and you hit a couple of balls hard but it didn't result in anything spectacular.  A key error was made by another player that resulted in a loss. But instead of the fans booing the team or even certain players because they didn't like he outcome, they were able to name each and every player in a lawsuit regardless of their culpability.  Then each player was forced to retain counsel and defend why they shouldn't have to give back the money they made for that game plus more.  Granted, you'd probably be able to emerge relatively unscathed in that situation, but what if every time you picked up a bat you had to be concerned about that.

Hey Josh.  You make millions of dollars to play a kids game and be hero.  You are in a position to get paid that money regardless of your performance among other additional perks not to be had by almost any one else ever.  

Just like anyone else who has a job, this is the business you've chosen and it comes with certain benefits and certain negatives.  

Some people booed you because they didn't like what happened.  

Grow some perspective and grow a dick.  

He probably does care. But it doesn't matter. He makes a shit ton of money and sucks at baseball. That's enough to deserve being booed. People spend hard earned money to go to game, it's not surprising that they get frustrated about poor performance by a guy making 25 million dollars. The sooner Arte eats this contract the better. Maybe give him half the year next year, then consider eating it if he's just awful. 

Bottom line is the Angels are a better team without him moving forward probably...in year 3 of a 5 year deal. That is pathetic. Arte was robbed

He probably does care. But it doesn't matter. He makes a shit ton of money and sucks at baseball. That's enough to deserve being booed. People spend hard earned money to go to game, it's not surprising that they get frustrated about poor performance by a guy making 25 million dollars. The sooner Arte eats this contract the better. Maybe give him half the year next year, then consider eating it if he's just awful.

Bottom line is the Angels are a better team without him moving forward probably...in year 3 of a 5 year deal. That is pathetic. Arte was robbed

Arte has to live with his poor decisions. He wasn't robbed but misguided by his GM. Besides, Arte can afford the bath he's taking with his high priced free agents.

And considering both players are massive busts already...Dipoto would be gone by now if he advocated any of that. Those contracts are awful and we're only in their beginning stages.

Those were owner-driven moves. Can't blame Dipoto for that.

Reading comprehension ... isn't it past your bedtime yet.

This thread needed a bump (10 minutes to Wapner!)

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/former-texas-rangers-josh-hamilton-goes-off-on-fans-in-another-market-does-he-get-it.html/

Former Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton goes off on fans in another market; does he get it?

This is yet ANOTHER reason as I fan I hate getting into the high priced free agent game.  We get to deal with all the baggage from the old team.  Good god, the number of St. Louis fans that have been here, telling us how they loved that flaming bag of garbage, Pujols, who was so great when he was on their team.